• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald, Eerie Publications, Stanley Magazines oh my!

483 posts in this topic

Well, there you go. thumbsup2.gif

That's it for the Top 10 Skywalds!

See you in another two months right here! 27_laughing.gif

Yup! That was quick and easy! grin.gif

Now the mag section will be dead for months until someone starts a Top 10 Eerie Pubs list ..... 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, there you go. thumbsup2.gif

That's it for the Top 10 Skywalds!

See you in another two months right here! 27_laughing.gif

Yup! That was quick and easy! grin.gif

Now the mag section will be dead for months until someone starts a Top 10 Eerie Pubs list ..... 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What? Really? Somebody must have other picks for the Skywald top ten! Although I like my picks, the last four could definitly be debatable IMO!

As far as an Eerie Pub top ten, I think it would come down to the ten most repulsive covers. ie. the one with the giant goul eating the flesh off the woman! crazy.gif

What? Really? Somebody must have other picks for the Skywald top ten!

No, Jay! Not really! 27_laughing.gif

Just having some fun with ya!

I will need a little time to come up with all my choices.... but for starters in no particular order....

Nightmare 1

Scream 1

Psycho 1

Psycho 18

...I will hash out the rest later and toss them out for your approval or jeers... I think the Skywalds out to be fairly easy to agree on overall. We're all freinds on this thread, right? 27_laughing.gif

Uh, oh! Do I hear the sounds of shill accounts being activated??!! .... grin.gif

Harken back to that great 'ole year of 1972! cloud9.gif

Always loved those squarebound '72 annuals and this one contains

my most *favorite* Skywald story: "Limb From Limb From Death"!

687714-Nightmare1972Annual.jpg

687714-Nightmare1972Annual.jpg.960d2c9f99dd1add5b41b16e80b1bd81.jpg

I got around to writing an online "review" of HISTORY OF THE SKYWALD HORROR-MOOD tonight. It needs no spoiler warnings, as I don't go into detail about the contents. Rather, it's more of an homage to Alan Hewetson which I didn't think the board members wouldn't mind me plugging.

So, if anyone is interested click the link in my sig.....

I just picked up an immaculate upgrade of the hard to find Psycho # 1 . My old copy is now available for whoever would like it. My new copy is like it was just printed and chimes in at an astounding 9.4/9.6... This one is very nice also I'd call it a sweet 9.0. Just a small bump on the upper left corner and one tiny stress mark on the spine.

Let me know if anyone is interested in it. Thanks, Ajax.

psycho18wn.jpg

Hey people... I just got my copy of the Head Press "Skywald Horror Mood" book, and it rocks!!!!! headbang.gif

Awesome...totally awesome!!!

I was up until 3 A.M. reading it last night grin.gif

Yahoooo! Just got mine today, very cool and will make for some interesting reading. This book will also make the perfect "coffee table book" IMHO as I would love to leave it out for guests, friends and family to see and flip through. I can just see the thought balloons now; "Just what is this guy into?" smirk.gif

Anyway for all who have this book and and are looking at the color cover gallery on the inside front and back covers, you are actually seeing books from my collection! acclaim.gif

David at Headpress had asked for scans and I was more than happy to send them to him for this book. Again, great book David! 893applaud-thumb.gif

you are actually seeing books from my collection! acclaim.gif

David at Headpress had asked for scans and I was more than happy to send them to him for this book. Again, great book David! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Too cool !!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

you are actually seeing books from my collection! acclaim.gif

Too cool !!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I just started reading tonight and found my name listed in the credits on page 5 right before Doug Sulipa! 893whatthe.gif

I did not expect a credit listing now i am on cloud9.gif

Hey, folks, Just joined. FYI, I have a webpage on www.enjolrasworld.com that includes a complete index & commentary on all Skywald and Warren magazines as well as interviews with many of the writers, artists and editors. (For instance, Al Hewetson's last interview, conducted Dec. 17, 2003, is there--Al also shared a great deal of information on the magazines when we were in contact, as did Gus Funnell & Ed Fedory--great guys, the both of them). In addition there is a Web Of Horror page, including information on the never published 4th issue (soon to be updated with the addition of Seaboard & GASM info) as well as a complete index/commentary on Star*Reach and info on the 1970s era independents (which I noticed someone on this blog accessed when they gave the info on This Is Legend #1--the information was written by me). Most of the folks who've contacted me have been comic pros (who seem very happy with the site & info) but fans and their comments are always welcome. My email address is richarda39@hotmail.com if you're interested.

In addition, I assembled (and wrote much of) the appendix used in The Illustrated History Of The Skywald Horror-Mood and contributed to the Skyward homage & article in Comic Book Artist #5 (now on sale) and assisted Michael Gilbert on an article on the Warren fan pages scheduled for Alter Ego #45.

Unfortunately, I've almost no info on the Stanley/Eerie books and would be interested in such. If someone would like to look at the format for the material already posted there and would be interested in compiling a checklist of the Stanley/Eerie material along the same lines I'd be happy to get it posted with your name credited.

best

Richard Arndt