• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald, Eerie Publications, Stanley Magazines oh my!

483 posts in this topic

ast11 has enough things to concentrate on without getting in on the Bobcat auctions! Only kidding - I'm just panicking in case he does notice them: I think it's the way Bobcat lists the mags that is the problem - they don't come up under eBay searches for either Skywald or the individual titles, and I believe they are only listed in the magazine sections and not comics. At least that is what happened last time I bid on some of his Skywald items. And you and Shiverbones are absolutely correct - I won a Psycho #14 NM 9.4 and it has only one minute stress line. It is virtually perfect - great stuff.

Hi All, Yes I have seen the auctions after the post in here. Nice stuff but who is your rival on those as I am not familiar with that bidder? Nice grab on the 2 Gems you won! Best Wishes!

His rival is the great akira sumo.gif. Chris you want to see some real fireworks, jump into a bid with akira on these bobcat books. I guarantee that they will go for record prices. He wants them just as bad as elsa. You three are a violent mix when in the same space. popcorn.gif

-bounty

Hi All, Yes I have seen the auctions after the post in here. Nice stuff but who is your rival on those as I am not familiar with that bidder? Nice grab on the 2 Gems you won! Best Wishes!

Hi Chris - you have been my rival many times in the past: I don't even want to talk about that Weird Tales of the Macabre #1 NM+ from Classic-Cool! I am so envious (in a nice way of course) of your astounding collection, and feel fortunate to have acquired the items I have on the few occasions when you weren't around. By the way, I have the other Legion of Monsters #1 9.8 and Devilina #2 9.8. Looking at the history, it seems as if Akira only bids on Bobcat items - which explains why you've never encountered him/her before. Anyhows, best wishes to you too, my friend, and keep that awesome collection safe. Oh yes, and pleeeease don't give me a hard time tonight! Where's that symbol for begging?

If I'm not mistaken that Web of Horror #4 cover artwork was reproduced in the very same Scream Door #1 fanzine - is that correct? It's a very scary cover and, had it been used, would have justified absolutely the magazine's subtitle of America's Nightmare Magazine. Chilling stuff indeed! By the way, I remember seeing a few of those Scream Door #1s on eBay around a year ago or so - they went quite cheap if I recall correctly. Nice stuff, Bounty_Coder.

Yep it is printed in the last page of that Scream Door #1...hehe that is why I had it following the Main pic. Yes there has been a few of these up on eBay in the past few years going for cheap (Though I did see one go for $50 in VF/NM...which I still consider cheap for this issue). Too many people do not know about this book!

I've seen fanzine shops sell VG copies for $50.

Elsa do you own a copy of this great book?

-bounty

Ah...Yes...Not to mention that most of those copies were from the same source! From talking to that seller most recently (if we are referring to the same guy), he is now bone dry. He had 3 copies. These are actually the only ones that I saw...from him.

Yep it is printed in the last page of that Scream Door #1...hehe that is why I had it following the Main pic. Yes there has been a few of these up on eBay in the past few years going for cheap (Though I did see one go for $50 in VF/NM...which I still consider cheap for this issue). Too many people do not know about this book!

I've seen fanzine shops sell VG copies for $50.

Elsa do you own a copy of this great book?

No Bounty - unfortunately I don't. I was so busy acquiring magaines for my collection, that I let some of these great fanzines go by. Is the book magazine-sized? I've only recently accepted that large format graphic novels like Wrightson's Badtime Stories and Stephen King's Creepshow, and large-size fanzines fit in really well with a mag collection. High grade mags and these types of fanzines are getting harder to find all the time - now is the last opportunity to still get some bargains. They've been undervalued far too long. Thanks for all the great covers you've been posting. As soon as I'm able to, I'll get some of mine up for you to see.

Good hunting...

AAhh! CREEPSHOW! I have such fond memories of both the movie and the "comic."

893applaud-thumb.gif

For something that came out in the 80's, it is a little harder to get in HG opposed to other 80' s material; within Overstreet "Guide" range. The King fans (LEGIONS!) are sitting on their HG nice copies, I suppose, and they certainly love to bid more than guide when a nice one shows up on eBay! Heck, I stumbled upon my lowly VG copy in (of all places) a paperback store that was going out of business!

Hmmm... maybe I'll go watch my CREEPSHOW DVD now and crack open a couple cool ones... laugh.gif

For something that came out in the 80's, it is a little harder to get in HG opposed to other 80' s material; within Overstreet "Guide" range. The King fans (LEGIONS!) are sitting on their HG nice copies, I suppose, and they certainly love to bid more than guide when a nice one shows up on eBay! Heck, I stumbled upon my lowly VG copy in (of all places) a paperback store that was going out of business!

Hmmm... maybe I'll go watch my CREEPSHOW DVD now and crack open a couple cool ones...

You've made me want to watch the movie now...I got my Creepshow graphic novel from Doug Sulipa (from his Manitoba Collection) which he graded at 9.6 - a lovely book. Being a true first edition Stephen King book (not counting the various subsequent printings), I think you're right in saying that King fans will be hard-pressed to give their copies up. Enjoy the movie...and the beers - I think I'll follow suit.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Hmmm... maybe I'll go watch my CREEPSHOW DVD now and crack open a couple cool ones... laugh.gif

An old girlfriend's Mom gave me a really nice copy of Creepshow years ago knowing that I collected comics. She originally bought it for herself but didn't realize it would be in the comicbook format. UNFORTUNATLY...she owned a ton of paperbacks and to be sure she knew that they belonged to her, had one of those personalized "emboss-your-name" thingys and would emboss a big 2 inch circle into all she owned. So the inside first page of my Creepshow sports this horrific blemish! frown.gif

Whoah! I had no idea that the Wolfman was "An Electronic Genius!"

wink.gif

Guess he must have been going to night school...

(seriously, you have to LOVE some of these taglines, don't ya!?)

Yeah! Like it's not bad enough that there's no escape from a corpse...but did it HAVE it be slimy also??? Eyyy-yuck!

By the way....LOST BOYS! Great 80's movie!!! I need to get that on DVD.

Haha!!!!! ...Star!...Star! cloud9.gif

While on the OT movie topic, and refering to slimy corpses, one of my fav Horror flicks is Return of the Living Dead! Numerous reasons for me loving this one, from the "Pathmark" guy being in it to classic scenes like right after the one guy slams a pick axe right through the zombies head and it doesn't die but starts screaming, the other guy says " You gotta hit it in the brain, the brain!" The other replies, "I hit it in the @#$%ing brain!"

Braiiinnnsss.....braiiinnnsss! thumbsup2.gif

While on the OT movie topic, and refering to slimy corpses, one of my fav Horror flicks is Return of the Living Dead! Numerous reasons for me loving this one, from the "Pathmark" guy being in it to classic scenes like right after the one guy slams a pick axe right through the zombies head and it doesn't die but starts screaming, the other guy says " You gotta hit it in the brain, the brain!" The other replies, "I hit it in the @#$%ing brain!"

Braiiinnnsss.....braiiinnnsss! thumbsup2.gif

It's my absolute favorite horror film cloud9.gif. And it (FINALLY) came out on DVD recently and can be had for next to nothing. I think I got mine for $9.99 at Target!

It's my absolute favorite horror film cloud9.gif. And it (FINALLY) came out on DVD recently and can be had for next to nothing. I think I got mine for $9.99 at Target!

I'm on my way! (queue tire screeching sound F/X)

I actually have the LP record soundtrack from this movie that has awsome cover art. Good tunes, including The Cramp's "Surfing Dead"!