• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey when is Silver Age going to Crash?

441 posts in this topic

Have you no sense of honor,sir? No sense of self-worth?

Where the 893censored-thumb.gif is my $100, you spineless, toadie of a fatass freak? I proved that "way more" can be viewed as far in excess of the OS values you posted, so pay me the money!!!

Do you have no honor, no self-worth? What kind of a person are you to shirk your financial responsibilities like that?

popcorn.gif

Where the [!@#%^&^] is the Forum Mother Goose to stop all this negativity? confused.gif

JC looks like you lost the bet. $32 is way more that $5 or $10.

I honestly cannot believe I'm on here trying to debate an undefinable common usage term like "way more" on a public forum. It brings that "Special Olympics" joke MK used to post, as there is no right or wrong.

I asked three people what something priced "way more than $10" meant to them, and all answered between $50 to $70. I might ask a welfare bum and he'd probably reply $11, a millionaire would guess much higher... it all depends on where you come from, and how you use the word in conversation.

But regardless, the JC-haters will all try to define the undefinable, working to catch Mr Evil in a word puzzle of their own devising.

The level of hatred in this thread is extremely sickening, ad it's pretty obvious that I don't fit into Geek Central here, as I look at comics as a fun little hobby and not a way of life or possessions that determine who I am.

don't think I could ever go that far down the rabbit hole, but I guess some of you like it down there. To each his own, I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

C'mon Vince. I've never been part of the " BASH J_C BANDWAGON "...but you're interpretation of " WAY MORE " is totally skewed.

If someone told you that shipping would be $5-10... then sent you an invoice for $32...would you not consider that price to be " WAY MORE " than $5-10? confused-smiley-013.gif

Where the [!@#%^&^] is the Forum Mother Goose to stop all this negativity? confused.gif

Don't worry, there's WAY MORE negativity to come, which according to that Rocket Scientist SlabCock, has been measured at exactly 21 comments or more.

I bet he's calling us NASA now, telling them they'll be WAY MORE solar flares tonight.. "How many?" "WAY MORE, you bumbling fools, check my calculations!!!"

Don't worry, there's WAY MORE negativity to come, which according to that Rocket Scientist SlabCock, has been measured at exactly 21 comments or more.

sign-funnypost.gif

Not really, and I think it's pretty sad that grown men are arguing about the absolute arithmetic meaning of "WAY MORE". It makes me wonder how many of the participants are on serious drugs....

You geniuses feel free to debate the equation for determining the universal "WAY MORE" numerical equivalent, but I need a rest from this stupidity.

Not really, and I think it's pretty sad that grown men are arguing about the absolute arithmetic meaning of "WAY MORE". It makes me wonder how many of the participants are on serious drugs....

Yep, it's all semantics but when everyone's out to get you, things can get out of hand. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If inflation caused all prices to go up 3 - 6 times, most people would be in pretty deep 893censored-thumb.gif.

Can anyone imagine paying $30 for an extra value meal from McDonald's?

How about $90 - $180 for a full tank of gas?

I'm fairly certain that no one here would ever pay $30 for anything that they could get for $5 or $10 just because it is WAY more than they would have to pay.

I'll bet you $100 US that FF 48 sold for way more than $5-10 in NM

Okay, I''ll take that bet AS PER OUR AGREED statement of "20 years ago". Yep, he sold all his Silver Age comics, 20 YEARS AGO, which for the math-challenged like Shad, would be approximately 1984.

Go drag out your 1984 OS and see how far off I am...

OK - so $5 is 6.4 times guide. $10 is 3.2 times guide (using the $32 guide price).

So I ask you - would you consider 3.2 times guide for a raw (and we are talking raw here as CGC wasn't out back in those days) book back in 1984 "way more than guide"?

And would you consdier 6.4 times guide in the same circumstances "way more than guide"?

I certainly would. It would be either $3200 or $6400 for a guide of $1000. $320 or $640 for a guide of $100. Wouldn't you consider either of THOSE scenarios "way more" than guide?

Are you a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, or you do you just play one on the forums?

Trying to get the thread pulled eh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, but it is highly amusing when people who view themselves as intelligent simply cannot comprehend that "general use" terms like "way more" cannot be quantified, and are viewed differently depending on class, education, finances, etc.

I could also see Shadrock running a betting pool one day.

Rams vs. Steelers. Over/Under 45 points.

Choices:

More

Much More

Way More,

Way, Way More

Less

Much Less

Way Less

Way, Way, Less

It comes in at a total score of 55 points. Who wins? I guess anyone Shadrock wants to win.