• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

Something made me pick back up the Court of Owls story. I just finished reading the first two issues and I'd forgotten how freaking good they were. The set up for the story was perfect.

It got me thinking: I'm not sure the book has been THAT good in sometime. Is Scott Snyder doing too much now? In the past year he's done a ton of work. I'd like to see him refocus on Batman. I truly think Court of Owls is one of those stories we'll be talking about in the same breath as Year One and The Dark Knight Returns.

This is such a bold statement and I completely agree. Court of Owls is a phenomenal read IMO.

Something made me pick back up the Court of Owls story. I just finished reading the first two issues and I'd forgotten how freaking good they were. The set up for the story was perfect.

It got me thinking: I'm not sure the book has been THAT good in sometime. Is Scott Snyder doing too much now? In the past year he's done a ton of work. I'd like to see him refocus on Batman. I truly think Court of Owls is one of those stories we'll be talking about in the same breath as Year One and The Dark Knight Returns.

This is such a bold statement and I completely agree. Court of Owls is a phenomenal read IMO.

+2

+1

it was the single reason I bought the series again. Most of the rest is pretty good, but court is phenomenal.

you should get it in the unwrapped trade version. unlike the first regular trade, it has the entire story from 1-11 though not the annual 1 story. You really get to appreciate it ever more when you see the pencils without inking or coloring added.

Done- it should be here on Wednesday. Someone made a comment about it somewhere else. It made me curious.

Edit- It was you somewhere else too! It looks sort of cool.

So, in the Court of Owls pantheon, is Batman 3 a keeper? I had several copies before, sold them, last one hit $30+ raw, but that was months ago. Not much interest in my last copy up now. Maybe I let this one age a bit more?

I/ve been whining in the Gotham TV show thread on why they haven't used the Court of Owls. How could the show runners pass that up? I know, let's show the Wayne's getting murdered again. Oh well. lol

Also, whenever I see the later prints of Batman 1-7 I pick them up. I love Batman #3 in the red cover.

Yeah it looks like a lot of the books have cooled off outside # 1. I noticed this applied to tha annual 1. Last year I was at a local store and got 4 at cover and sold them at around 25 each but just got one for around 12.

But 3 is a pretty awesome cover as is 6.

nice to a see a villain that isn't defeated by the end of the issue...hopefully Bloom has staying power. The Penguin seems to be in trouble in this issue.

I was just thinking to myself when reading 43.. is this the death of penguin issue?? hm

but I cant see them kiling joker and penguin off

Can somebody help me out?

Why is a copy, ungraded nonetheless, of Batman #1 selling (or at least being priced at shows) for upwards of $100-$125 dollars?!

Was it short printed?

Was it a truck from a distributor being magically stolen or caught on fire (ala the Silver Age Silver Surfer #4 rumor)?

I am trying to understand how a book, with a major character, with a god knows how high a print run, is being (or attempting to be) sold for this insane amount, for a comic that came out a few years ago? Now mind you, I have yet to see anyone plunk down that kind of money for one, but they are out there and they are priced at $100+. Makes zero sense to me.

Can somebody help me out?

Why is a copy, ungraded nonetheless, of Batman #1 selling (or at least being priced at shows) for upwards of $100-$125 dollars?!

Was it short printed?

Was it a truck from a distributor being magically stolen or caught on fire (ala the Silver Age Silver Surfer #4 rumor)?

I am trying to understand how a book, with a major character, with a god knows how high a print run, is being (or attempting to be) sold for this insane amount, for a comic that came out a few years ago? Now mind you, I have yet to see anyone plunk down that kind of money for one, but they are out there and they are priced at $100+. Makes zero sense to me.

I asked the same question over a year ago when the book was binging between $50 and $60. lol

I really can't explain it but the book keeps chugging along and I doubt it will slow down as long as the New 52 remains in place. A lot of us benefitted from a similar circumstance when Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate X-men, and the Ultimates first hit comic book shops. Ultimate Spidey regularly brought big $ and the other 2 sold for multiples of 20 and 10 times their cover prices for a while. The only question to me about these types of books is, are the prices permanent or will they drop when the next big thing hits. If I could answer that, I'd be buying....or selling. :grin:

WTTB !

I'm one of the suckers that bought it close to $100. I missed out on its first go round as I was out of the comic game. Since recently coming back, I picked it up, along with #2 and #3, for $110 off eBay. Worth it for me, and now have 1-43, sprinkled in with some variants.