• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

part of my mistake when I was buying I was getting titles I didn't really want and was doing to be doing it, like that thread in general, combined with the fact I was trying to get CGC'd books and not really able to do so, and had to sell stuff after I got it shortly afterwards.

With this batman series I got a pretty great deal on everything and can afford it and only buying one book a month I can swing with too.

After just reading issue 42 I notice this particular hair style capullo likes to draw on his male characters. I noticed Jim has the cut Joker has and I think in some earlier storyline Bruce did too.

And its a bit strange looking too. Good 2 issues thus far though. Just noticed the hair thing though and wanted to share

I'm pretty excited about reading 43 especially with the way 42 ended.

On another note if anyone here had been watching a particular auction I was the one that bought it.

There was this 9.8 #1 on ebay that was graded by that" other" company and after looking at the data on gocollect seemed to be the lowest price on it thus far, so I snagged it.

I plan to sell my raw of it to help pad the cost some too.

I'm pretty excited about reading 43 especially with the way 42 ended.

On another note if anyone here had been watching a particular auction I was the one that bought it.

There was this 9.8 #1 on ebay that was graded by that" other" company and after looking at the data on gocollect seemed to be the lowest price on it thus far, so I snagged it.

I plan to sell my raw of it to help pad the cost some too.

which auction was it? I might have been watching it.

Before i knew about CGC SS i had my Raw #1 signed by snyder at a midtown event to later find out it would be green labeled =( so two nights ago I grabbed a 9.8 SS snyder and capullo for $260 GPA shows 90 Average is $358 so I think I did pretty good.

Something made me pick back up the Court of Owls story. I just finished reading the first two issues and I'd forgotten how freaking good they were. The set up for the story was perfect.

It got me thinking: I'm not sure the book has been THAT good in sometime. Is Scott Snyder doing too much now? In the past year he's done a ton of work. I'd like to see him refocus on Batman. I truly think Court of Owls is one of those stories we'll be talking about in the same breath as Year One and The Dark Knight Returns.

Something made me pick back up the Court of Owls story. I just finished reading the first two issues and I'd forgotten how freaking good they were. The set up for the story was perfect.

It got me thinking: I'm not sure the book has been THAT good in sometime. Is Scott Snyder doing too much now? In the past year he's done a ton of work. I'd like to see him refocus on Batman. I truly think Court of Owls is one of those stories we'll be talking about in the same breath as Year One and The Dark Knight Returns.

+1

it was the single reason I bought the series again. Most of the rest is pretty good, but court is phenomenal.

you should get it in the unwrapped trade version. unlike the first regular trade, it has the entire story from 1-11 though not the annual 1 story. You really get to appreciate it ever more when you see the pencils without inking or coloring added.