• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are these board(s) for?

215 posts in this topic

I never got hazed..... :(

Me, neither. I was pretty mellow when I started hanging around here. I try to keep it light.

You didn't get hazed because you came in with the right attitude and a sense of humor. That goes a looooong way here. Too many n00bs go right for the butthurt and then wonder why they are getting reamed

Yup. Attitude and ability to act just as crotchety as everyone else goes a long way.

Laying in the middle of the room kicking, screaming and crying that "nobody likes me" tends to assure that nobody will like you. Ever.

Someone here mentioned that coming on the board and not taking the time to understand the dynamic of how people work with each other here is the one sure-fire way to get both barrels from members. I tend to agree with that.

Me, neither. I was pretty mellow when I started hanging around here. I try to keep it light.

You didn't get hazed because you came in with the right attitude and a sense of humor. That goes a looooong way here. Too many n00bs go right for the butthurt and then wonder why they are getting reamed

Yup. Attitude and ability to act just as crotchety as everyone else goes a long way.

Laying in the middle of the room kicking, screaming and crying that "nobody likes me" tends to assure that nobody will like you. Ever.

Someone here mentioned that coming on the board and not taking the time to understand the dynamic of how people work with each other here is the one sure-fire way to get both barrels from members. I tend to agree with that.

I want to say my first posts were blasting a member who had sold me books on Ebay. Lucky for me he was a doosh no one liked to begin with...so no hazing for me either :)

I want to say my first posts were blasting a member who had sold me books on Ebay. Lucky for me he was a doosh no one liked to begin with...so no hazing for me either :)

Yeah. I wasn't hazed either. But I'm not one to haze.

Did they even have hazing back in 2003 here?

Did they even have hazing back on 2003 here?

Not really. It was just hammer and a couple dozen comic nerds.

Hammer tried, but realized I could handle him in my sleep. zzz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the real jerks didn't show up until 2005? :angel:

I never got hazed either but then again I don't post with any consistent frequency. I'm here to buy comics and contribute what I can or at least post the occasional inappropriate video and earn myself a two day vacation. :whee:

I was the one who said that (or something close to it):

From page 2 of this thread:

"Any newcomer to a group situation in which the group has already been established for quite some time should be aware of that fact, and thereby adjust their approach appropriately. For example, I myself always search first and then see if I really need to post. Why not be sensitive to the fact that your topic may have been discussed before (and in some cases ad nauseum)? A newcomer should expect that their topic has probably been discussed before."

This is my virtual hang out, my virtual friends, and where I come to read some of the coolest facts on comics and the most entertaining mindnumbing facts on nonsense...it's freagin awesome!!!!!

:cry:

You learned that lesson eventually.

:cry:

You learned that lesson eventually.

Only a little bit. No all that much.

Yup, I never got a hard time. A lot of it has to do with common sense and netiquette which the new posters who get razzed the most often seem to be lacking. I read the boards for months before I started posting.

Yup, I never got a hard time. A lot of it has to do with common sense and netiquette which the new posters who get razzed the most often seem to be lacking. I read the boards for months before I started posting.

Same here!