• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are these board(s) for?

215 posts in this topic

You know, it's always possible that some of us newbies have put more comic boxes together than some of the long term guys..... new to this board certainly does not mean new to collecting.

:applause:

(thumbs u

We're talking about newbies to the board who start threads about stuff that has been covered dozens of times,

Why does this bother people? So there's words on the site you've read before. Ignore the thread, it's always new to someone.

Do you still live in Wyoming?

You know, it's always possible that some of us newbies have put more comic boxes together than some of the long term guys..... new to this board certainly does not mean new to collecting.

(thumbs u

We're talking about newbies to the board who start threads about stuff that has been covered dozens of times,

Why does this bother people? So there's words on the site you've read before. Ignore the thread, it's always new to someone.

Exactly.

Imagine somebody wanting to talk about a subject today and replying that you talked about it with somebody else last week.

And beating them up over it. :screwy:

(thumbs u

Exactly.

Imagine somebody wanting to talk about a subject today and replying that you talked about it with somebody else last week.

And beating them up over it. :screwy:

Sounds like fun - I will have to try that at work tomorrow! :D

Irrelevant.

Yes, to you maybe. But it shouldn't be, and therein lies the problem. I am not too old to learn something from anyone, but most of the senior members here sure think they are.

I agree with you. It was a tough hurdle for me to get over. The thing about being new here is that over the years so many accounts have popped up "Hey, I am new to the boards, I've been collecting for years, and I have some high-grade Silver Age Keys to sell." Occasionally rats sneak in, so the cats go into mouser mode over anyone new to the area. It actually doesn't matter if you're another cat, you still get hissed at.

Irrelevant.

Yes, to you maybe. But it shouldn't be, and therein lies the problem. I am not too old to learn something from anyone, but most of the senior members here sure think they are.

I agree with you. It was a tough hurdle for me to get over. The thing about being new here is that over the years so many accounts have popped up "Hey, I am new to the boards, I've been collecting for years, and I have some high-grade Silver Age Keys to sell." Occasionally rats sneak in, so the cats go into mouser mode over anyone new to the area. It actually doesn't matter if you're another cat, you still get hissed at.

WOOF !!

Irrelevant.

WOOF !!

Comics General......home to starch bottom do-gooders and writhing cannibals....and everything in between......Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Is there a segment of the boardie population with really weak social skills, more so than in the general population?

How rude of you.

Only a segment?

Segment.

Is there a segment of the boardie population with really weak social skills, more so than in the general population?

How rude of you.

Yes, John, yes. It's full of Simpson-type Comic Book Guys. You know him? Hateful and hilarious, bi-atchy and brilliant, irritating and insightful? WTTB newly-signed-up-fellow-comic-collectors...

Irrelevant.

Not a reasonable explanation.

I never got hazed..... :(

Me, neither. I was pretty mellow when I started hanging around here. I try to keep it light.

You didn't get hazed because you came in with the right attitude and a sense of humor. That goes a looooong way here. Too many n00bs go right for the butthurt and then wonder why they are getting reamed

I never got hazed..... :(

Me, neither. I was pretty mellow when I started hanging around here. I try to keep it light.

You didn't get hazed because you came in with the right attitude and a sense of humor. That goes a looooong way here. Too many n00bs go right for the butthurt and then wonder why they are getting reamed

Yup. Attitude and ability to act just as crotchety as everyone else goes a long way.

Laying in the middle of the room kicking, screaming and crying that "nobody likes me" tends to assure that nobody will like you. Ever.