• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolutes, Omnibuses, Oversize, Special Editions discussion thread

374 posts in this topic

I don't have any Absolutes (may fix that after seeing so many cool books out there). I really like limited editions and here are few in my collection.

Locke & Key Welcome to Lovecraft Limited Edition Hardcover

Limited6_zpsfb25a5dc.jpg

Sixth Gun Gunslinger Edition

Limited2_zps41396411.jpg

Limited3_zps9016b6ce.jpg

The Stuff of Legend Omnibus One and Two

Limited8_zps103f1641.jpg

Goon Fancy Pants Editions

Limited7_zps09a32549.jpg

Fathom

Limited4_zpsf5458f06.jpg

Marvel Limited Edition Incredible Hulk

Limited5_zps977e2042.jpg

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Omnibus

Limited1_zpsb77aeb50.jpg

Anyone have this or is there a post in this thread showing it off?

Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1

If you have it, thoughts?

I have it. Really nice early reprints of Superman in Action Comics from #1-31, Superman #1-7 and New York World's Fair #1 & 2. Colors are well done. Only drawback is the dust cover, stupid drawing. Should've just used the cover to Action Comics #1. Still a great bargin.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks (thumbs u

Going to pick it up :)

Anyone have this or is there a post in this thread showing it off?

Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1

If you have it, thoughts?

I have it. Really nice early reprints of Superman in Action Comics from #1-31, Superman #1-7 and New York World's Fair #1 & 2. Colors are well done. Only drawback is the dust cover, stupid drawing. Should've just used the cover to Action Comics #1. Still a great bargin.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

+1 i have it also and i love it

I must get a copy of the GA Superman Omnibus. I particularly like the Jack Burnley art in Action Comics.

What is the one Omnibus you've reread the most? I just finished Planetary for the second time, this may be one of my all time favorites. As much as I appreciate the silver age omnibus, it is just hard to go through them the second time around.

Took me forever to find this thread. :P

I need some help and remembered seeing this thread so hope someone can help me out. There are a couple of Daredevil HC editions I really want to buy reprinting Born Again and The Man Without Fear. They have red foil on the binding. I know there is a Marvel Library of sorts that has these for all different characters and stories. I'm trying to figure out WHAT that library name is. Here are a couple of pictures of the books I'm talking about in particular. Someone has to have an answer! (shrug)

erhdnp.png

collection-3.jpg

I know TMWF cover with the foil is on the left. That must mean the Born Again cover is the one on the right! :banana:

Thanks so much guys! It was driving me :insane: trying to figure out the matching cover for the Born Again book! (thumbs u

Why don't DC release omnibi the way Marvel do/did? Is it just as simple as not enough demand for the content?

I'd love to see an O'Neil/Adams/Novick omnibus covering alot of the Tecs and Bats they did.

A few things coming out soon that I'm excited about:

Absolute Batman Incorporated - that's later this year. The whole of both volumes. It's a bit annoying that they keep releasing Morrison's run piecemeal though. I wonder if we'll ever get The Return of Bruce Wayne in that format.

Saga HC - not too many details on this except that it's going to contain issues 1-12 I believe.

I'm keen to try and get hold of The Stand Omnibus. I loved the book but have never read the comics. Has someone got it? Is it any good? Seems pretty expensive whenever I see it online...