• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolutes, Omnibuses, Oversize, Special Editions discussion thread

374 posts in this topic

The DC 75 years box looks amazing.

I've grabbed a couple of HC specials since the last set of posts:

1) the complete Zenith HC - numbered and limited to 1000, apparently never to be reprinted (we'll see lol). Still the subject of potential legal action from Morrison, so I didn't want to hang about. Zenith is in my top 5 favourite series EVER (it's where the quote in my sig line is from), so I was over the moon when I found out a few months ago it was getting this treatment. Was going to keep it sealed, but I'm never going to sell it so will probably open it soon. It's the only way of finding out which number it is!

2) Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman volume 1 - a series that I've really enjoyed over the last few years. I really like the fact that it's a slimmer Omni - much more readable. Still 800 pages according to Amazon.

1) the complete Zenith HC - numbered and limited to 1000, apparently never to be reprinted (we'll see lol). Still the subject of potential legal action from Morrison, so I didn't want to hang about. Zenith is in my top 5 favourite series EVER (it's where the quote in my sig line is from), so I was over the moon when I found out a few months ago it was getting this treatment. Was going to keep it sealed, but I'm never going to sell it so will probably open it soon. It's the only way of finding out which number it is!

2) Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman volume 1 - a series that I've really enjoyed over the last few years. I really like the fact that it's a slimmer Omni - much more readable. Still 800 pages according to Amazon.

I was sooooo itching to get that Zenith, but the price was just to high for my blood.

I did just finish the FF Hickman omnibus. Definatly felt like a part 1 of 2 since Hickman seems to write these big spanning ideas...

I was sooooo itching to get that Zenith, but the price was just to high for my blood.

I did just finish the FF Hickman omnibus. Definatly felt like a part 1 of 2 since Hickman seems to write these big spanning ideas...

Yeah, it was definitely pricey. But like I say, it's one of my favourite series and I figured if I didn't pre-order one I'd never be able to own it - which I couldn't countenance! Pre-order price was £100, and I already see completed eBay sales of £285, £300 and £500 :o among others.

Just as a reminder (and for those that haven't visited this thread before as it's been buried for a while) - there's a clickable index in the very first post.

Does anyone have any recent acquisitions that they'd like to share? I recently bought:

- The Authority HC vols 1 and 2 (between them collecting vol.1 issues 1-29)

- The art of Sean Phillips (awesome large art book; great value for those into that kind of thing)

- Jonathan Hickmans's Fantastactic Four omnibus vol 1

I'll try and get some pictures of those up soon, as well as the Absolutes and other stuff that I didn't get round to posting before.

By the way, I just noticed that pictures have disappeared from some of the older posts (presumably because they're no longer on Flickr or whatever).

Can I recommend that if people make new posts they use www.tinypic.com to upload and add photos? That way they'll be preserved for posterity!

This is one of my favorite threads. :whee:

I've recently picked up:

Absolute Dark Knight

Absolute Watchmen

Absolute V for Vendetta

Absolute Ronin

Sandman Omnibus I

Sandman Omnibus II

Thor Omnibus II

Planetary Omnibus

John Byrne FF Omnibus II

FM Daredevil Omnibus (2nd print)

What is a run you guys wish would get the deluxe hardback treatment?

My top three are:

Nexus (I thought the DH editions were overpriced and undervalue)

Groo

Usagi Yojimbo

I've picked up

Absolute Long Halloween

Absolute Dark Victory

Absolute Ronin (but not in hand yet)

Still waiting for volume two of the Fear Agent Omnibus to be released.

I got the Claremont X-Men Vol 1 Omni and the Mutant Massacre Omni.

Still waiting for volume two of the Fear Agent Omnibus to be released.

Same here.

Awaiting the Infinity Gauntlet Omni as well.

Deadpool

I've been waiting for this.....

Considering the cost of the singles this was a no brainer purchase.

exactly and i expect it to be a sell out due to his popularity in the last few years.

And while its popular, I cant imagine it being one of Marvel's "evergreen" Omnibuses....