• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolutes, Omnibuses, Oversize, Special Editions discussion thread

374 posts in this topic

Deadpool

I've been waiting for this.....

Considering the cost of the singles this was a no brainer purchase.

exactly and i expect it to be a sell out due to his popularity in the last few years.

And while its popular, I cant imagine it being one of Marvel's "evergreen" Omnibuses....

true, i want the X-Men vol 1 omnibus but price is way out for me,such a shame really, got Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Men vol 2 and 28 Days Later omnibus's on pre order

Deadpool

I've been waiting for this.....

Considering the cost of the singles this was a no brainer purchase.

exactly and i expect it to be a sell out due to his popularity in the last few years.

And while its popular, I cant imagine it being one of Marvel's "evergreen" Omnibuses....

Alright, you convinced me.

I bought the Deadpool variant edition at instocktrades.com (free shipping and 45% off).

I love these babies, they are awesome:

Mouse Guard Fall of 1152 and Winter of 1152 limited to 1000 each. The quality is superb. I LOVE them!!!

DSC01691_zpsbe57bee2.jpg

I have these too! The production quality on them is awesome. The overlay pages are such a unique "process" piece. I remember that first volume took over two years to get published, and I'd ask David about it ever time I saw him (we both lived in the same part of Michigan and I'd run into him from time to time). I think the first volume actually got produced twice, and the first printing had some production problem and they had to scrap the printing and start over. And then the shop printing the book closed, and it was in China so finding a replacement was not super easy...

In the end it was WELL worth the wait.

Two side notes on David Peterson. One: His Mom would go into the local Flint, MI comic shop every month that Mouse Guard was coming out to buy a copy, and if she thought they didnt order enough copies she would scold the owners.

Second, David's process causes his books to take forever. He loves Jim Henson & all of the puppetry stuff, and often he will build these huge model set pieces so that he can draw interesting perspectives and angles in his books. He's made scale model Mouse Guard taverns, libraries, cathedrals..its amazing stuff.

I love these babies, they are awesome:

Mouse Guard Fall of 1152 and Winter of 1152 limited to 1000 each. The quality is superb. I LOVE them!!!

DSC01691_zpsbe57bee2.jpg

I have these too! The production quality on them is awesome. The overlay pages are such a unique "process" piece. I remember that first volume took over two years to get published, and I'd ask David about it ever time I saw him (we both lived in the same part of Michigan and I'd run into him from time to time). I think the first volume actually got produced twice, and the first printing had some production problem and they had to scrap the printing and start over. And then the shop printing the book closed, and it was in China so finding a replacement was not super easy...

In the end it was WELL worth the wait.

Two side notes on David Peterson. One: His Mom would go into the local Flint, MI comic shop every month that Mouse Guard was coming out to buy a copy, and if she thought they didnt order enough copies she would scold the owners.

Second, David's process causes his books to take forever. He loves Jim Henson & all of the puppetry stuff, and often he will build these huge model set pieces so that he can draw interesting perspectives and angles in his books. He's made scale model Mouse Guard taverns, libraries, cathedrals..its amazing stuff.

Thanks for the info! MOUSE GUARD ROCKS!

Could one of you guys who has bought the Planetary Omnibus please post some pictures?

Having (finally) managed to acquire the Absolutes last year, and already having the floppies and the trades, I'm trying to work out whether there's any way I can justify spending more money on the series!

In particular, are there any extras? It didn't look like it from the solicitations...

I received my Planetary Omnibus from Amazon a couple days ago but haven't had a chance to dig into yet. I've read the series through a handful of times so I don't have any sense of urgency. All I'll say is that it's WELL worth one's time.

I just learned last night that a Stray Bullets omnibus collecting all 41 issues is coming out in March and I'm very much looking forward to that.