• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolutes, Omnibuses, Oversize, Special Editions discussion thread

374 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Marvel plans on rereleasing the 1st Thor and Wolverine omnibus' again? I would love to read these two!

Marvel has made a commitment to have certain Omnibuses as "evergreen" meaning they'll go back to print with some regularity so if they are ever OOP they'll be back soon..

They already went back to print (or have solicited the reprint, or have at least announce the reprint plans) with:

ASM v1-2

FF v1-2

Daredevil v1

UXM v1

I would imagine Thor (and Avengers, and Iron Man) would fall into this catagory too. Wolverine, probably, not sure how the sales were of the Omnibus the first time around.

wish they would re-print X-men 1, Hulk 1 and Iron Man 1 as really want these but only avaliable for silly prices

they are keystone titles and characters, so I'd figure at some point they will will get another printing, and maybe even go evergreen.

there is a Hulk 1 on ebay at the moment for £70 but its a brand new seller, probably genuine but im always aliitle unsure

just usually means it's someone who doesnt have a lot of online experience, thus they dont know the aftermarket value the book currently has since its OOP.

I'd go snatch it if I was a hulk fan...

I found a reasonably priced copy of "75 Years of DC Comics" as an early b'day present to myself (my b'day is in April) online. WOW. It's hard to appreciate how BIG that book is until you see it in person and have it in your hands. I didn't know they made books this big (I've seen plenty of coffee table books, but none that are this big and over 700 pages). Very glad to have found a copy that's in good shape and wasn't the full price.

there is a Hulk 1 on ebay at the moment for £70 but its a brand new seller, probably genuine but im always aliitle unsure

just usually means it's someone who doesnt have a lot of online experience, thus they dont know the aftermarket value the book currently has since its OOP.

I'd go snatch it if I was a hulk fan...

Went for it this morning, now I just hope and pray

Looks to me like buying the variant covers for the omnibuses seems to be the way to go. When they reprint these books, they tend to reprint with the classic covers. Anyone else agree with this? :popcorn:

Looks to me like buying the variant covers for the omnibuses seems to be the way to go. When they reprint these books, they tend to reprint with the classic covers. Anyone else agree with this? :popcorn:

they produce two covers.

these days they call them the "Retail cover" and the "Direct Market cover" (they usually dont call it "variant" or at least not any more)

9/10 the "Direct Market" is the way to go these days because

1) they seem to produce fewer of them

2) they seem to release the "classic" cover to the Direct market (and think they need to "update it" for the retail market).

those two things seem to make the Direct market editon more collectible, and go up in value (due to OOP) more/faster.

Anyone got a Wolverine Omnibus they want to part with for a fair price? I've been looking for one for a while and I've missed a few on ebay that sold for reasonable prices, and all the BIN dingbats are asking 100% more than I'm willing to pay.

they produce two covers.

these days they call them the "Retail cover" and the "Direct Market cover" (they usually dont call it "variant" or at least not any more)

9/10 the "Direct Market" is the way to go these days because

1) they seem to produce fewer of them

2) they seem to release the "classic" cover to the Direct market (and think they need to "update it" for the retail market).

those two things seem to make the Direct market editon more collectible, and go up in value (due to OOP) more/faster.

The Retail is the classic cover, the "variant" cover is the Direct Market. But yeah, we agree. They tend to reprint with the classic cover, while the "variant" is usually (but not always) the lower print run. I think it was The Hulk Omnibus that had a higher print run on the "variant" cover. Oh, there are websites selling the omnibus' using the words "variant cover" in their descriptions. Just sayin'.... :whistle:

Oh, there are websites selling the omnibus' using the words "variant cover" in their descriptions. Just sayin'.... :whistle:

Oh I dont doubt it, I was just going by what they are listed as in Previews when you preorder them from Diamond.

Anyone have this or is there a post in this thread showing it off?

Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1

If you have it, thoughts?

I've got it.

I'll take a look at it tonight to jog my memory, but as I recall it was a better product than their Green Lantern Omnibuses.

Really wish they'd continue the Golden Age line with a Batman one... seems like it'd be a sure thing hit.

I've got it.

I'll take a look at it tonight to jog my memory, but as I recall it was a better product than their Green Lantern Omnibuses.

Really wish they'd continue the Golden Age line with a Batman one... seems like it'd be a sure thing hit.

K, cool, thanks! Let me know what it's like and if you recommend it.

I have it. Really nice early reprints of Superman in Action Comics from #1-31, Superman #1-7 and New York World's Fair #1 & 2. Colors are well done. Only drawback is the dust cover, stupid drawing. Should've just used the cover to Action Comics #1. Still a great bargin.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

145578.jpg.0917d5f06682a9305f72ec790639e833.jpg