• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber No-Shows: Post yours here!

192 posts in this topic

Just arrived in the mail, scored this last week on eBay, my second Gerber 8 and No Show( in one year)!!! Second of the three i was seeking(all Ace titles). While this cover is not as "striking" as the Four Favorites #24 i acquired and posted earlier this year, it is special in it's own right: Four Favorites #26 and it's the last Magno the magnetic man(and Davey)cover and issue before changing the focus features. The title eventually became a teen humor book before being cancelled and rechristened. Magno was a frequent cover subject of the title for most of it's run.FourFavorites26_zps51cedafc.jpg

Just arrived in the mail, scored this last week on eBay, my second Gerber 8 and No Show( in one year)!!! Second of the three i was seeking(all Ace titles). While this cover is not as "striking" as the Four Favorites #24 i acquired and posted earlier this year, it is special in it's own right: Four Favorites #26 and it's the last Magno the magnetic man(and Davey)cover and issue before changing the focus features. The title eventually became a teen humor book before being cancelled and rechristened. Magno was a frequent cover subject of the title for most of it's run.FourFavorites26_zps51cedafc.jpg

Nice snag!

Nice snag!

Thanks Sqeggs, (emphasis on 'snag')sometimes while the big three have auctions closing, eBay is the place to be.

Thank you, now I'm here basking in the smell of the pages! Only in this community can I get an understanding of that joy!

Nothing like the smell of old comics.Congrats on that one (thumbs u

Thank you, now I'm here basking in the smell of the pages! Only in this community can I get an understanding of that joy!

Nothing like the smell of old comics.Congrats on that one (thumbs u

as always Comicjack, many thanks!

Nice snag!

Thanks Sqeggs, (emphasis on 'snag')sometimes while the big three have auctions closing, eBay is the place to be.

Awesome pickup! Hey - can you let me know if there is any LB Cole art in that issue? I think he was off of the title by then but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Nice snag!

Awesome pickup! Hey - can you let me know if there is any LB Cole art in that issue? I think he was off of the title by then but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Hey 'Face, thanks for the 'like'! As far as I can tell, the Magnolia and Davey feature is Palais, the Capt. Courageous is Paul Parker(signed), the Unknown is signed in the slash by a "Grey". Not familiar with him, and while I'm not a Cole expert, I think I can spot his work(covers for sure, even if you blocked the signature). But you being one, is that an alias he used? Let me know, if it is I can post a pic for you when I return home later.

Finally acquired this Gerber 8 No Show, after mentioning in a previous post on this thread this year that it was the last of the Gerber No Shows i was after(three, all from Ace publications). Love the cover as this lady in red and a mask with a whip is showing who is boss.Super-MysteryComicsv61_zpsfd3a6897.jpg

An interior page of 'Eva' in action. This guy better start talking lol Yeah, i agree Eva, "Iss Goot!" FullSizeRender1_zpsb490cfc4.jpg

One more interior, this one i'm sure Comicjack will appreciate. Skull baby!!IMG_0531_zpsbfd9b2be.jpg