• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 2:51 AM, Prince Namor said:

Did i just read a CGC post of someone giving a thumbs up to Dupcak's 'merchandise' on eBay?

Where the heII am I?

I've vowed to stay away from this thread but I will answer this with what should be very simple to understand.

I didn't give the seller's merchandise a thumbs up. I just could not give it a thumbs down using the same tools and applying the same type of investigative technique used to expose the crack and sell raw practice of BeatleBlueCat and others. I can't find matches previously slabbed to the books he has listed now. I'm unable to find prior CGC slabbed images of the raw books he's offering, and I have tried, right about the same time I made mincemeat out of Beatle Blue. That's not a thumbs down for KellySH, but it's not a thumbs up either

I also wrote that where he lists as unrestored, the image included depicts a book that may very well be unrestored. And where he lists restored, it looks like what is being described. That's not a thumbs up either because it's nota thumbs down. I also said that it's difficult to get a good read from the images. They're pictures. Not scans. And not of high enough resolution to give me enough to work with. 

I added that the autographs, IMHO, are all authentic. That is a thumbs up of the autographs but neither a thumbs up nor thumbs down of the comics or the seller in general, whom I did not vouch for. The quality of the images do not allow me to get beyond, "Maybe, possibly, sort of". The only sellers that I would ever vouch for are the same stable of heavyweights that are fairly much common knowledge here as the cream of the crop; Heritage, Link, Connect, Blazing, MCS, et. al. The ones with widely proven integrity and excellence. 

On 11/1/2021 at 7:43 AM, october said:

Decades of scams and criminal behavior across multiple hobbies renders everything that guys sells suspect. EVERYTHING. Why anyone would waste energy parsing out what might or might not be kosher is beyond me. 

I didn't speculate on what may or may not be kosher until asked why I didn't. Has everyone/anyone commenting actually read the last 10 pages in their entirety? Or just a few words from each page here and there? And here we go again. In for a penny, in for a pound. 

Edited by James J Johnson

On 11/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, Prince Namor said:

It doesn’t make a difference. You’re playing soft with one of the great criminals in the history of the hobby(s). Everything you think you may have gained in credibility in your short time here is on the verge of being swept aside by not understanding the history of who your giving the benefit of the doubt to. 

Of course, at this point in the history of the forum it may not matter, as most of the experts have simply given up on this place, but consider it a great sign when some as well respected as October is, tries to educate you on the situation. 

You're reading way too much into what I did because what I did before all hell broke loose upon me, was to challenge Joe Peck's statement? A number of successive claims that weren't just questionable; they were impossible. I shouldn't have noticed because of the other party involved? I should have played along and suspended disbelief when he said that he received same day USPS service? And then showed a scan of a different book than was listed? A book that he bought from SILVERAGE!2C and not KellySH? Once read, how do I unread it? I would have suspected him as a shill for any questionable seller that he made that claim about.

And as explained about 10 times now, when Peck added to his already impossible claims that "he bought a 9.8. it looks like a 9.8, and he's going to submit it", I thought he was the shill, like so many other shills who show up to pump sunshine up the skirts or questionable seller. It's all there, just as I say it is.

I specifically asked Peck, "you bought this yesterday, at 5:53PM EST and now, at 3PM EST, you have it already? You must have picked it up today or he delivered it because USPS doesn't offer same day service". To which he said, "Yes. Apparently I'm in NY and he's in Jersey so we're close". Then he shows the image of a book from a completed SILVERAGE12C Dazzler 1 and after I point out that inconsistency with 3 images, he says, "WOW, he scammed me with the wrong book, he's a fiend, I'm calling ebay". 

Now even if I could somehow completely suspend disbelief and think, "D'uh, OK Joe. You can't possibly be mistaken" I thought, 'Let's look further" and I did the same thing I've done with every other ebay seller I've accused on the forum. I reached out with a link and a heads up, "what say you?". The info I received made sense. Peck's accounting didn't. 

So no, I wasn't concerned with clearing someone's name. Days before I had helped Joe Peck, with advice on his collection and submissions. Now I was wondering if he was the shill and why he would be making such ludicrous claims of USPS same day delivery and other issues. Whether KellySH was to be helped or not was incidental. Peck was the target because at first, with his initail claim of buying a 9.8 that looks 9.8, going to submit it, Peck was my target as a shill that I had previously taken time to help and I wanted to know what was going on with him. Him. Not KellySH, whose guilt or innocence was incidental. 

This whole thread reads like a made for tv movie.

JJJ - I think that it would be really easy to prove to everyone that you are not Danny. Just take a quick screenshot of your latest post, print it, hold it up next your face and take a selfie and post it. You can even half hide your face or whatever to keep you anonymous - problem solved. Just show enough to prove that. Me, I honestly do not think that you are him.

In regards to another post about finding out someone's grandpa was a Nazi. I better burn my photo album then. I am not lying when I say the only uniform I ever wore was one of that type, that I can remember anyways...but for the rest of the story, it was for a Halloween party back in the 80's and luckily my photo has a  Halloween pumpkin on the calendar right over my shoulder. I can just see if I ever get into politics someone would grab that and post it online. 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, James J Johnson said:

So where are we on this? The upshot? I shouldn't post here any more for my unpardonable sin of indirectly and incidentally proving KellySH to be right by proving somebody wrong that is misconstruing facts? Is that where we are at present? 

Sounds about right. Time to slink off and work up a new id. See you soon!

On 11/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, shadroch said:

Time to slink off and work up a new id.

Now why would I do that. My name is my forum handle. I should change my name? And then why shouldn't you change your ID also? If I read correctly, you bought a Marvel Comics #1 from KellySH with full knowledge of what type of villain you were supporting. How much did you pay for that Marvel Comics 1, thus knowingly in support of a criminal enterprise? How many other books did you deal with him on, full well knowing you were supporting a criminal by doing that? A Marvel Comics 1? Is that right? You never said "now much". If you did, I don't recall. Care to tell us the amount? Maybe you should slink off behind me? I don't know. What do you think? 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, kav said:

it would help-the way to fake it would be have a friend close by take the pic and I dont think Cupcak has many readily availble fiends.  Better than nothing.

It wouldn't help. We both know that. KellySH wrote that "It was a losing battle". Whatever else everyone thinks he's wrong about, he sure was right about that. I learned that first hand! It would start with one picture, and then "that doesn't look right.. why don't you take a picture with you, yatta, yatta, yatta". Like I'm a marionette. I never liked dancing that much. Which was why I joined a forum to discuss comics, as I have been for the past 4 years. Now it's a forum about dancing and time to consider that. 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, kav said:

it would help-the way to fake it would be have a friend close by take the pic and I dont think Cupcak has many readily availble fiends.  Better than nothing.

And how do you know he has no friends? Didn't someone here praise me as helpful, caring with newbies, taking my time to help forum members with their issues, great sense of humor, and that sort of thing? Aren't those the type of qualities that attract and promote friendship? Why wouldn't I have friends. If I'm him and he's me, then I have as many friends in the real world as I though I had here in the cyber world until two days ago, no? 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:46 AM, James J Johnson said:

No one is on the fence here. I'm a realist. As he said, "a losing battle". He sure knew what he was talking about. Back to work. 

Trust me people are on the fence.  I'm getting PMs.