• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 10:41 PM, mattn792 said:
On 10/27/2021 at 10:29 PM, thehumantorch said:

Or Northern File Copies.  There's a lot of directions on a compass

South by Southwestern File Copies or bust.  Accept no substitutes.

Or the Lost Dutchman File Copies

On 10/27/2021 at 8:18 PM, Joe Peck said:

I'm a 777 Captain at United Airlines who just opened a box of comics I kept for 40 years and got interested in collection hence my recent purchases that are all documented on this site.  Why would I lie about a comic book?  Makes zero sense if that is what you are accusing me of.

From the seller. Ebay received images of his orders awaiting shipment dashboard showing the ship by date as, by the end of the Oct 29th, which is exactly 3 days (the seller's stated delivery time within the listing) from the purchase date of the 26th. 

You still maintain that you bought this book way before the 26th? How much sooner than the 26th did you buy it? 

Another ebay error. Notice there's no tracking number. Do you have the package showing the tracking number on the parcel you received? 

He also said he can take a picture of the book with a dated item to show it is still there with him. 

he also state something about an image capture of his notification email showing the exact time and date the book was sold and paid for. The seller said he'd send that along sometime tonight. I'll post if if he does.

You sure it was bought long before Oct 26th and ebay is wrong? 

Peck7.JPG

Peck3.JPG

Peck2.JPG

On 10/27/2021 at 8:15 PM, Joe Peck said:

I bought the comic way before the time you show.  If you think I'm somehow lying, I can't fathom what you think my point is.

Image sent from the seller through ebay messaging.

Oct. 26th. That's not "way before the time shown", is it? 

The book was bought on Oct 26th at 5:53PM EST according to the ebay computer, as per the seller's sold item page. 

Here it is again, on what he states is his email notification page. 

Peck14.JPG

On 10/27/2021 at 9:55 PM, James J Johnson said:

From the seller. Ebay received images of his orders awaiting shipment dashboard showing the ship by date as, by the end of the Oct 29th, which is exactly 3 days (the seller's stated delivery time within the listing) from the purchase date of the 26th. 

You still maintain that you bought this book way before the 26th? How much sooner than the 26th did you buy it? 

Another ebay error. Notice there's no tracking number. Do you have the package showing the tracking number on the parcel you received? 

He also said he can take a picture of the book with a dated item to show it is still there with him. 

he also state something about an image capture of his notification email showing the exact time and date the book was sold and paid for. The seller said he'd send that along sometime tonight. I'll post if if he does.

You sure it was bought long before Oct 26th and ebay is wrong? 

Peck7.JPG

Peck3.JPG

Peck2.JPG

hm 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:40 PM, Joe Peck said:

If you can prove it's not the book I ordered that would be VERY interesting.  No, it was delivered by USPS today.   Apparently, he's in Jersey and I'm in NY.  Just a few miles apart.

Forgot to add this one received with the other image already posted. This shows a date in the upper right hand corner of Oct. 26th at 5:54PM. It's the seller's notification email for the 5:53PM sale, 1 minute before. Which is 54 minutes after USPS closes. 

Do you have the tracking number for the parcel you received from this seller, that according to his records wasn't sent out? The listing indicates priority mail. Tracking automatically comes with that. 

Also, according to the sellers dashboard, a printing label was not printed, and the date/time in the bottom right corner of his computer shows today's date. Oct 27th. 

I'm just pointing out just how many holes there are in this account. It just doesn't make any sense. If you have a tracking number for your delivery today, that would be good. Do you? 

Peck10.JPG

On 10/27/2021 at 9:13 PM, thehumantorch said:

hm 

Exactly. His story is impossible and changed several times already, very noticeably. He should have waited another day. Too soon.  I thought it was a shill for the seller at first. "Look at how great I did" forthcoming. But it appears that the opposite is true. 

Too much time I already have invested in a race I don't have a dog in, only because his story initially appeared to be shilling to bolster the seller. I'll be back if/when the seller sends me the dateable image of the book Joe Peck bought that the seller scheduled to ship on the 29th, as per his 3 day shipping default stated in the listing. The one that the buyer states he received, within 24 hours via USPS priority mail, paid for almost an hour after the post offices close, that the seller states was never sent and his ebay records (screen shots) confirm was never shipped. (Not that # 1 or any other Dazzler 1 according to the seller's ebay screenshots from today).

I extended an invitation to the seller to post and he declined, calling it a "losing battle". . 

I'll also extend a request to Joe Peck to post the tracking number for the parcel he received today from this seller. 

Edited by James J Johnson

On 10/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, James J Johnson said:

Exactly. His story is impossible and changed several times already, very noticeably. He should have waited another day. Too soon.  I thought it was a shill for the seller at first. "Look at how great I did" forthcoming. But it appears that the opposite is true. 

hm   Joe Peck, what's going on?

On 10/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, thehumantorch said:

Ironically, I was looking at the seller's 6 Dazzler 1s yesterday (the 26th) at about 3:30 PM EST. I was interested in that book. Cheap. Looked nice. I can't find my Daz 1, God knows where it is and I don't remember it being better than VF anyway. I looked one more time for mine, couldn't find it and then I came back to that book at about 7PM and it was sold. So I know first hand that the 5:54PM EST Oct 26th sale time is not an ebay error because it had to have sold between 3:30, when it was available and 7PM EST when it had sold according to my clock as well as ebay's. . 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, thehumantorch said:

Hatred, for some reason, obviously. First, the seller sent him a beautiful book that could very well be the 9.8 quality it's listed as. Then, maybe the seller cracked open a 9.6 and listed it as a 9.8. And then finally, the seller is a "fiend" who must be brought down. Hatred, obviously. Airline pilots can hate too, if he is one. They're human, right? Because you can fly a plane doesn't mean you can't have an axe to grind with someone.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:15 PM, Joe Peck said:

I bumped this thread.  Not really sure where you're going with this.  My name is as listed.  You can find me on Facebook, and in Pound Ridge, NY.  I have the comic in hand and can only say that the times listed are not accurate as I bought the comic way before the time you show.  If you think I'm somehow lying, I can't fathom what you think my point is.

So if you bought it, "way before Oct. 26th", which day and time do you recall buying it? Still haven't gotten an answer to this. Should be simple. Check your records. You should know what day you paid for something, right? Especially if a recent payment. There's always a trail. You're an airline pilot. If you can keep track of your altitude, you should be able to keep track of your payments and the dates you made them. Stands to reason. 

Edited by James J Johnson

Just receive a message from the seller. He copied and pasted an ebay message he received from Joe Peck. The seller stated that it's copied and pasted in its entirety:

Ebay message from Joe Peck to KellySuperheroes:

"Hey, it turns out you didn't send me the comic in the pic. And, it turns out you are a scammer that has been operating for decades cracking slabs and passing them off as one or more grades higher than they were. Interesting to see where this ends. All comes down to the photograph that shows the price. The comic I got does not match the photo in the sale"

The seller responded: 

New message to: 2sunny66

You never received a thing from me because nothing was sent or being sent until the 29th, day 3 of my default shipping time. The record I provided to another ebay member is pretty clear on this. Did you see the pics of my screens? On the message board you are saying that you received the book already on Oct 27. You paid for it at about 6PM the day before on Oct 26. Unless I sent by a special courier, it wouldn't be possible for you to receive anything yet by usps prioirty mail, my stated shipping method. And you said that you received it by USPS, who does not do same day shipping. You did not wait long enough to pull off this charade. I have no idea why you have chosen the path of lies. Would you care to abort this path and we start all over? Or is the path of lies the one you have chosen and cannot turn from it. The book is here. You and I both know that. And you didn't receive any parcel any book from me or there would be tracking for it, which not only I don't have but you don't have either because nothing was being sent to you until the 29th.

*For ebay agent reference:

On 10/27/2021 at 10:25 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

hm

My suggestion to the seller is to cancel the sale and give the buyer his money back. Buyer states that he already was sent the book, right? So all the better for the buyer if the seller cancels and gives the buyer his money back. Then what beef does the buyer have since supposedly, he was sent a Dazzler 1 already that looks 9.8 quality and he has his money back, a win win, right? Of course, for the seller, it's a wash because he never sent the buyer anything at all so he keeps his Dazzler 1, the buyer gets his money back and the buyer has his phantom Dazzler 1 that was allegedly sent to him by the seller and received within 24 hours via USPS.. Everybody wins. I think I gave the seller the perfect solution to this phantom Dazzler 1 shipment that never was. lol 

The buyer will have his money back and the book he was sent for free, if the seller takes this advice. 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:08 PM, James J Johnson said:

And, it turns out you are a scammer that has been operating for decades cracking slabs and passing them off as one or more grades higher than they were. Interesting to see where this ends.

And the true reason for the buyer's deception is revealed. People will typically, inevitably tell you exactly what they're doing and why, given time, and patiently awaiting the shot.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:15 PM, James J Johnson said:

My suggestion to the seller is to cancel the sale and give the buyer his money back. Buyer states that he already was sent the book, right? So all the better for the buyer if the seller cancels and gives the buyer his money back. Then what beef does the buyer have since supposedly, he was sent a Dazzler 1 already that looks 9.8 quality and he has his money back, a win win, right? Of course, for the seller, it's a wash because he never sent the buyer anything at all so he keeps his Dazzler 1, the buyer gets his money back and the buyer has his phantom Dazzler 1 that was allegedly sent to him by the seller and received within 24 hours via USPS.. Everybody wins. I think I gave the seller the perfect solution to this phantom Dazzler 1 shipment that never was. lol 

The buyer will have his money back and the book he was sent for free, if the seller takes this advice. 

Just received another ebay message from the seller. He did take my advice with my solution to this canard and even went one step beyond. Good for him, hate to admit it but sending the book and giving him back his money is something that I sure wouldn't do after what's gone down so far. :whatthe:

Here's the copied and pasted message that the seller sent to the buyer: 

New message to: 2sunny66

Let me make an effort here to extend an olive branch. Hopefully, you'll forget about this beef you have with me for a reason I can't begin to understand. I don't recall ever dealing with you before and I certainly haven't sent you a Dazler #1. Any Dazzler #1 yet. Now this Dazzler #1 is a beautiful book. If you are a collector, you will like it. I tell you what I'll do to try to turn around whatever it is that set you off against me. I'll give you your money back. Cancel the sale. AND I will send you this book. I'll put your money back in your hands, and the book, on approval! Why would I do this if I already sent you a Dazzler #1? If I'm willing to do this for you, show this type of trust in you, after lying about receiving a Dazzler #1 from me, maybe you can return some of that trust and we can work together on this instead of working against each other through an ebay member that isn't even involved in the transatcion? How does that sound to you? Cancel the sale, your payment returned, sned you the book (from the listing) that was to ship on the 29th, and if you like it, you pay me. If not, send it back at your convenience. I'll pay the return postage so it won't cost yu a thing if you don't approve. Can any seller do more for a buyer?