• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You should read Joe pecks response to you in the lurker thread. He explain. While I think this is all a misunderstanding, you should read his thoughts for yourself

I have nothing against Joe Peck. He didn't accuse me of anything or bad mouth me. Not even being aware of the fine details between buyer and seller, I saw details given by the buyer that couldn't possibly be true. Totally contradicted by public ebay onsite info. I addressed them.

1) Same day USPS delivery for a book that could have only been mailed after USPS is closed.. Buyer picked it up at 5:53PM EST according to the listing and they are both on the east coast, NY and New Jersey, or NY and NY.

2) An image that doesn't match the listing

First, it looked like a 9.8. Then it looked like a cracked out 9.6. Then the seller scammed him and the fiend sent him a substitute. The story had more holes than swiss cheese. lol

On 10/29/2021 at 5:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes. Its understandable given what you have established and need to be protected. I'm glad that it wasnt a hunt, and that its resolved. @Joe Peck 

If someone steps on a landmine, I'm glad some are there to help them off carefully !

I've really got to speak my mind on this accusation made above. I'm not sure if it was made in jest, or in all seriousness, but I've been here for 4 years. I love the hobby, really enjoy posting here, and always look forward to doing what I do best, help people avoid scams and expose shills. And I don't just rough them up a little. When I start digging, I break them on the wheel. Bust them up real good, leaving no stone unturned to reveal the truth.. 

At this point, I really should be able to post in a KellySH thread where if the facts go for him rather than against him, whichever way they go, there's no speculation that I am him. I should have more than enough street cred here to be able to do in a KellySH thread what it is I do in every other thread without anyone accusing me of anything. 

I saw the Autographed baseball autographs mentioned on the page before Peck's bump, and at this stage I should be able to say, "You guys are off base on these being bad. I collect autos. "I have multiples of all of these Hall of Famer signatures. They're easy to find, cheap, and these here are all good, IMO". But I didn't. I held back. Because I know it's not a popular board stance to say something positive about KellySH, even if just talking about an item itself. So I held back. But the point is, that I shouldn't have to hold back. By now, I should be able to speak my mind honestly, fact based, to everyone here in any and all threads. I really should. It's disappointing that I can't. 

On 10/29/2021 at 8:26 PM, James J Johnson said:

I've really got to speak my mind on this accusation made above. I'm not sure if it was made in jest, or in all seriousness, but I've been here for 4 years. I love the hobby, really enjoy posting here, and always look forward to doing what I do best, help people avoid scams and expose shills. And I don't just rough them up a little. When I start digging, I break them on the wheel. Bust them up real good, leaving no stone unturned to reveal the truth.. 

At this point, I really should be able to post in a KellySH thread where if the facts go for him rather than against him, whichever way they go, there's no speculation that I am him. I should have more than enough street cred here to be able to do in a KellySH thread what it is I do in every other thread without anyone accusing me of anything. 

I saw the Autographed baseball autographs mentioned on the page before Peck's bump, and at this stage I should be able to say, "You guys are off base on these being bad. I collect autos. "I have multiples of all of these Hall of Famer signatures. They're easy to find, cheap, and these here are all good, IMO". But I didn't. I held back. Because I know it's not a popular board stance to say something positive about KellySH, even if just talking about an item itself. So I held back. But the point is, that I shouldn't have to hold back. By now, I should be able to speak my mind honestly, fact based, to everyone here in any and all threads. I really should. It's disappointing that I can't. 

Well when you sure if something,  then yes.

When you still have questions then maybe consider. I'm not at all saying give the benefit of the doubt, I'm just saying when questions start to be answered,  I'm glad that you realize now or in the future.

I was only saying I'm glad it worked out. Not saying, that you shouldn't have asked :ohnoez:

If it turns out it was him then yes you've done your duty.

When you now say it's not him, I'm saying glad you told him that your no longer hunting.

Some get so caught up in the chase they dont see anything else.

Your the judge of your own findings etc

I'm just glad your saying it's not him

Shouldn't you be relieved?

On 10/29/2021 at 7:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wasn't accusing you

The defense above is the only way I can fathom that somehow I did

Keep up the good work I guess

Oh heck no. I know you weren't the one making an accusation. 

I was responding to you, but speaking in general to all about how the work I've put in should speak for itself and which thread and who does or doesn't benefit from the truth is incidental, the uncovering of the truth the most important element as far as my concern goes and I should feel free to comment regardless of which parties are involved.. 

We are all good! :tink:

On 10/29/2021 at 9:40 PM, James J Johnson said:

Oh heck no. I know you weren't the one making an accusation. 

I was responding to you, but speaking in general to all about how the work I've put in should speak for itself and which thread and who does or doesn't benefit from the truth is incidental, the uncovering of the truth the most important element as far as my concern goes and I should feel free to comment regardless of which parties are involved.. 

We are all good! :tink:

Ah cool! I had spent so much time reading another thread I had forgot the previous posts in this one, no worries!

No one is saying that you haven't made a tremendous impact on these forums. Your expertise, good sense of humor and patience with newbies and other folks who ask you questions is without peer. But a couple of other members and I once discussed whether you were a reformed Danny. You're knowledge on resto, how to discern trimmed books amongst other things, led some of to believe you may very well be the Hammer of comicdom.

Last night when you were trying to disprove what Joe Peck was saying, you suddenly had PM's from Kellys(ie, Danny) within seconds of what Joe Peck had said. Then you were getting more stuff from Kelly within minutes trying to disprove Joe Peck. It seemed suspicious that you were so interested in disproving Peck's claims about Kellys and then having up to the minute updates from him. For me, it was the icing on the cake that there is evidence that my intuition was true and that you're either Danny or someone connected with him. By the way, you did prove Peck wasn't telling the truth.

I don't want to see you banned or ostracized, but it would be cool if you can explain some of these actions, especially the too convenient connection with "Kelly" pming you info left and right at a moments(or less) notice.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:57 PM, Larryw7 said:

No one is saying that you haven't made a tremendous impact on these forums. Your expertise, good sense of humor and patience with newbies and other folks who ask you questions is without peer. But a couple of other members and I once discussed whether you were a reformed Danny. You're knowledge on resto, how to discern trimmed books amongst other things, led some of to believe you may very well be the Hammer of comicdom.

Last night when you were trying to disprove what Joe Peck was saying, you suddenly had PM's from Kellys(ie, Danny) within seconds of what Joe Peck had said. Then you were getting more stuff from Kelly within minutes trying to disprove Joe Peck. It seemed suspicious that you were so interested in disproving Peck's claims about Kellys and then having up to the minute updates from him. For me, it was the icing on the cake that there is evidence that my intuition was true and that you're either Danny or someone connected with him. By the way, you did prove Peck wasn't telling the truth.

I don't want to see you banned or ostracized, but it would be cool if you can explain some of these actions, especially the too convenient connection with "Kelly" pming you info left and right at a moments(or less) notice.

Sure, it's all there but I will recap here. I was communicating with the seller via Ebay messages. only three in total. The first was my heads up to him calling his attention to the ludicrous claim that a book bought at 5:53 PM EST on the 26th can be delivered by USPS the next day by 3PM, or so. 

Now keep in mind that after reading Peck's initial posts about the transactions, there were so many holes and anomalies in Peck's accounting that my alarm bells were clanging. I already knew he was lying, he claim impossible, and thought he was lying to shill/bolster the seller and I started gathering info so I could ask him questions that I already would know the answers to. So I could "lead" him. I already started gathering half of the cards before I played them. 

For instance, I already knew the book was available at 3:30PM on the 26th because I was looking at all 6 of KellySH's #1s. And then again at 5:30PM on the 26th, still available, and then finally at 7PM when I was sure that I couldn't find mine, I went back to offer $115 for it, but it was gone. So if this sold between 5:30PM and 7PM on the 26th, after the post offices closed, how could Peck have it delivered to him by USPS within 24 hours. So I led Peck, "the only way you can have this already is if you picked it up, he delivered it, or it was delivered by special courier, is that what happened?" I already knew the answer. He bit, and said, "yes. We're close, so apparently, that's it". 

KellySH and I exchanged 2 ebay messages aside from the initial heads up I sent to him. Peck then a little later admitted that it wasn't a local pickup and it was USPS delivered, but "he must have bought it way before the 26th and ebay's clock was wrong (lol). That's when I asked KellySH to send me screenshots of the time stamp on his ebay sale notification if he could via ebay messaging. He instead sent photos of his computer screen showing the date and time. In only two messages, received at different times during the ongoing dialog, I received the information he sent to me, but I didn't deploy all of their contents at the same time. I spaced out the information in those messages, damning to Peck's story, as needed, again, to lead and have Peck change his story again, and again, and again. 

If I were to go back and analyze the times of each post and match them up against the timing on the ebay messages with KellySH, I could precisely recreate the exactly timeline of when messages were received, their total content, and when select information from them included in each of two messages that I deployed on the forum at what time. Keep in mind that KellySH was reading the thread real time as it progressed, this did not occur in a vacuum.. He's savvy and he already seemed to be anticipating what I would need to reveal the truth before I even asked for it. 

Fact is, I wasn't defending or working with anyone to defend them. I was doing what I always do. And do real well. See something say something. Read a cockamamie story and disprove it. I was defending the integrity of the forum, not the honor of the seller. 

On 10/30/2021 at 3:42 AM, James J Johnson said:

Sure, it's all there but I will recap here. I was communicating with the seller via Ebay messages. only three in total. The first was my heads up to him calling his attention to the ludicrous claim that a book bought at 5:53 PM EST on the 26th can be delivered by USPS the next day by 3PM, or so. 

Now keep in mind that after reading Peck's initial posts about the transactions, there were so many holes and anomalies in Peck's accounting that my alarm bells were clanging. I already knew he was lying, he claim impossible, and thought he was lying to shill/bolster the seller and I started gathering info so I could ask him questions that I already would know the answers to. So I could "lead" him. I already started gathering half of the cards before I played them. 

For instance, I already knew the book was available at 3:30PM on the 26th because I was looking at all 6 of KellySH's #1s. And then again at 5:30PM on the 26th, still available, and then finally at 7PM when I was sure that I couldn't find mine, I went back to offer $115 for it, but it was gone. So if this sold between 5:30PM and 7PM on the 26th, after the post offices closed, how could Peck have it delivered to him by USPS within 24 hours. So I led Peck, "the only way you can have this already is if you picked it up, he delivered it, or it was delivered by special courier, is that what happened?" I already knew the answer. He bit, and said, "yes. We're close, so apparently, that's it". 

KellySH and I exchanged 2 ebay messages aside from the initial heads up I sent to him. Peck then a little later admitted that it wasn't a local pickup and it was USPS delivered, but "he must have bought it way before the 26th and ebay's clock was wrong (lol). That's when I asked KellySH to send me screenshots of the time stamp on his ebay sale notification if he could via ebay messaging. He instead sent photos of his computer screen showing the date and time. In only two messages, received at different times during the ongoing dialog, I received the information he sent to me, but I didn't deploy all of their contents at the same time. I spaced out the information in those messages, damning to Peck's story, as needed, again, to lead and have Peck change his story again, and again, and again. 

If I were to go back and analyze the times of each post and match them up against the timing on the ebay messages with KellySH, I could precisely recreate the exactly timeline of when messages were received, their total content, and when select information from them included in each of two messages that I deployed on the forum at what time. Keep in mind that KellySH was reading the thread real time as it progressed, this did not occur in a vacuum.. He's savvy and he already seemed to be anticipating what I would need to reveal the truth before I even asked for it. 

Fact is, I wasn't defending or working with anyone to defend them. I was doing what I always do. And do real well. See something say something. Read a cockamamie story and disprove it. I was defending the integrity of the forum, not the honor of the seller. 

Why would KellyS entertain any of your requests????

On 10/30/2021 at 2:25 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why would KellyS entertain any of your requests????

Who knows? I wasn't disrespectful or accusatory. Just matter of facts. "Please take a look here, something doesn't sound right. What say you? Maybe you should post", I paraphrase.. Do you have an ebay account? If you do, you can ask him directly why he responded.. Send a message like I did. "Contact seller" link. Then "Ask seller a question" and use "other" for the reason on the ebay seller inquiry page..

When I'm involved here in a thread concerning questionable issues and speculation about an ebay seller or ebay item, I usually will reach out to the seller to direct their attention here. Not only might the information in the message received be helpful, and their reaction be gauged, but it's a decent thing to do especially if you're gearing up to go to war with them. :sumo:.

Sometimes I get brushed off. Sometimes crickets. Sometimes I get a reply.. And sometimes a shill shows up here instead to do the talking for the seller ("I bought from this seller and made millions of dollars with his items. His NMs all graded NM").lol

On 10/30/2021 at 11:20 AM, 500Club said:

Improbable and convoluted explanation.

A reformed Danny?  Will be interesting to follow.

As improbable and as convoluted as a USPS priority mail parcel being mailed and delivered the same day? No tracking number?  And the image of a different book?  Story changing with every post?  (tsk)

I didn't fully grasp why KellySH replied that it "was a losing battle" when i sent the initial FYI ebay message with the link for this thread. Now I understand that unless the facts go against KellySH, don't post at all. That sure is one way to take the privilege and enjoyment out of freely participating here. To have to limit what you say and where you say it. Disappointing.  :(

On 10/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, James J Johnson said:

As improbable and as convoluted as a USPS priority mail parcel being mailed and delivered the same day? No tracking number?  And the image of a different book?  Story changing with every post?  (tsk)

I didn't fully grasp why KellySH replied that it "was a losing battle" when i sent the initial FYI ebay message with the link for this thread. Now I understand that unless the facts go against KellySH, don't post at all. That sure is one way to take the privilege and enjoyment out of freely participating here. To have to limit what you say and where you say it. Disappointing.  :(

Just a quick FYI, Kellyssuperheroes is Danny Dupcak's ebay account. Ed Kelly was his best friend, who might've passed away recently.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Just a quick FYI, Kellyssuperheroes is Danny Dupcak's ebay account. Ed Kelly was his best friend, who might've passed away recently.

And what does that have to do with Joe Peck's impossibly non-substantiated claims made here about an ebay transaction. Peck started out, "Bought a 9.8, looks like a 9.8". Now how is that possible? Same day delivery? Does anybody else receive same day USPS delivery? 

I did what I always do. I target a lie, and the liar. I take him down. I targeted his impossible story, which only got worse with every post. I didn't care who Peck is. I didn't care who Kellys/Dupcak is. I cared about, "what the heck is this guy lying about? 

I didn't stop to think about the forum's social ramifications of taking down that lie. That I shouldn't because of the identity of the target of that lie. But if that's what I have to do, to avoid this, I'll choose the lies and scams I see to rebut more carefully next time. If I see something, I'll still say something. But not about everything without first carefully considering the parties involved. 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:57 PM, Larryw7 said:

You're knowledge on resto, how to discern trimmed books amongst other things, led some of to believe you may very well be the Hammer of comicdom.

Just to clarify, A lot of what I learned was from reading here and other online sources. Lion'sDen and JoeyPost have forgotten more about the technical nuts and bolts of comics than I'll ever know. 

My greatest assets are that I have eagle eyes, I'm tenacious, I know exactly how to use available resources to quickly extract what it is that I'm looking for, and I keep at it until I find it. 

On 10/30/2021 at 2:47 PM, James J Johnson said:

Just to clarify, A lot of what I learned was from reading here and other online sources. Lion'sDen and JoeyPost have forgotten more about the technical nuts and bolts of comics than I'll ever know. 

My greatest assets are that I have eagle eyes, I'm tenacious, I know exactly how to use available resources to quickly extract what it is that I'm looking for, and I keep at it until I find it. 

Kinda like using a cell phone for a hammer when  you can't find a rock 

On 10/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Kinda like using a cell phone for a hammer when  you can't find a rock 

I don't understand the analogy. But understandably, I am quickly getting the impression that I'm now unwelcome here on the forum. Am I reading this wrong? I can't help but feel that way. This is how a member feels when made a target by fellow forum members simply for spotting an obvious lie and going to work to dismantle it, a thing I've done regularly for 4 years.