• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

The follow up, to tie up the loose ends: 

Joe Peck's Feedback:(2SUNNY66)  Please note 4th line down, feedback from ebay seller, SILVERAGE12c

Feedback Profile (ebay.com) 

"Excellent eBayer - thanks for your speedy payment!" 

Here's the item that feedback from SILVERAGE12c is associated with, sold on October 25th:

Dazzler #1 Rare/Recalled Black & White Error Variant in High-Grade! (1981) | eBay 

Which is the same book that Joe Peck states he "was sent as a scam, instead of what he ordered", I paraphrase, the book in the image the buyer posted, bought from SILVERAGE12C for $18.00.

The first image is the Dazzler 1 that Joe Peck purchased on the 25th from SILVERAGE12C

The second image is the Dazzler 1 that Joe Peck posted here and represented as "the one that KellySuperHeroes sent" to him. It's the same book that he bought from SILVERAGE12C the day before he stated that he "got that one from KellySuperHeroes". 

The third image is the Dazzler 1 that KellySuperHeroes has scheduled to ship on the 29th.

The defects, the centering precisely match up against the Dazzler 1 bought from SILVERAGE12C, images 1 and 2..

I should have gone straight to Joe Peck's feedback yesterday but got sidetracked, a busy day other than just posting here. 

Dazzler1Silverage12c.jpg

Dazzler1joepeck.jpg

Dazzler1Kellys.jpg

On 10/28/2021 at 9:51 AM, James J Johnson said:

Joe Peck's Feedback:(2SUNNY66)  Please note 4th line down, feedback from ebay seller, SILVERAGE12c

Here's the item that feedback from SILVERAGE12c is associated with, sold on October 25th:

Dazzler #1 Rare/Recalled Black & White Error Variant in High-Grade! (1981) | eBay 

Looking at his feedback......it looks like he received two positive feedbacks from KELLYSSUPERHEROES........one of them just before the feedback he received from SILVERAGE12c..........and then a more recent one (probably for the Dazzler #1 he hasn't received yet).

Based on his posts, Joe Peck appears to be diving back into collecting pretty hard after decades away from the hobby and has been purchasing quite a few books.  Since this whole Dazzler/KELLYSSUPERHEROES situation doesn't seem to make much sense.......my guess is that he's purchasing so much in such a short time that he's confusing the two sellers.

Probably purchased the Dazzler #1 from KELLYSSUPERHEROES on the 26th and paid for it immediately.  Then received the copy he had purchased from SILVERAGE12c on the 27th and assumed it was from KELLYSSUPEROES since they live in the same general area.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 10/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, Joe Peck said:

Bumping this up because new people come into this hobby all the time, and it's critical to get info out.  I bought one book from Kellyssuperheroes off Ebay, Dazzler 1, listed as NM/MT.  Having the book in hand I think it's possible it is a 9.8 and fully intend to submit it to CGC, but I wish I had read this thread before buying.  I was suspicious given the large number of books listed at CGC rated prices for raw books.  This guy must have a ton of money tied up if he's cracking slabs and reselling, but if true then this thread should be required reading for all new entrants.

Anyways, thanks to all that have gone before me and learned lessons the hard way so I don't have to.  Fortunately I'm only into him for $150, and obviously I'm done perusing what he's got for sale.

Not to be a bummer, but the last sale of a Dazzler 1 in 9.8 is $200

So you’d have to slab it 9.8 just to break even 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can picture you as a kid on Christmas day. 

Wearing your new football helmet with your Cub Scout uniform (even though there's no meeting that day) as you ride your new Big Wheel in front of the local orphanage and laugh. :baiting:

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 10/28/2021 at 8:51 AM, James J Johnson said:

Which is the same book that Joe Peck states he "was sent as a scam, instead of what he ordered", I paraphrase, the book in the image the buyer posted, bought from SILVERAGE12C for $18.00.

The first image is the Dazzler 1 that Joe Peck purchased on the 25th from SILVERAGE12C

The second image is the Dazzler 1 that Joe Peck posted here and represented as "the one that KellySuperHeroes sent" to him. It's the same book that he bought from SILVERAGE12C the day before he stated that he "got that one from KellySuperHeroes". 

The third image is the Dazzler 1 that KellySuperHeroes has scheduled to ship on the 29th.

The defects, the centering precisely match up against the Dazzler 1 bought from SILVERAGE12C, images 1 and 2..

I should have gone straight to Joe Peck's feedback yesterday but got sidetracked, a busy day other than just posting here. 

Dazzler1Silverage12c.jpg

Dazzler1joepeck.jpg

Dazzler1Kellys.jpg

@Joe Peck

On 10/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

+1

I agree. Even taking into consideration the odds of a raw book scoring a 9.8, say it does. it's still a losing proposition once you tack on grading fee + shipping + eventual ebay seller fee. 

Bought for $150 + $9 postage, the buyer would have to not only have a successful submission at 9.8, but also be able to sell it for $300 or so to cover all expenses and come ahead even a meager amount. 

This CGC 9.8 sold on Oct 20th for $200: 

Dazzler 1A Corrected CGC 9.8 1981 3799300005 | eBay  

And this one sold on Oct 12th for $189.99 

Dazzler #1 - CGC 9.8 WP NM+/MT - Spider-Man, X-men, Avengers Appearance 1981 | eBay 

So even if the improbable occurs and the book does CGC grade 9.8, it's a losing proposition unless you can conjure up a victim to pay $100 more than the average Ebay going rate for a CGC 9.8 to just about break even at any rate. . 

On 10/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

IMO, what causes a marketplace novice to make buying errors is studying the asking prices for books, rather than the actual realized price results from the "sold" items search pages, or of course, GPAnalysis. They see a seller asking $697.00 for a Dazzler 1 CGC 9.8, or worse yet, a yellow label 9.8 for $2997.00 and think that they've got a winner if they can pick up a 9.8 candidate for $150. But if they studied the "sold" item searches, the harsh reality of what one of these actually sells for would kick in if they looked, in this case $189 and $200 when they actually sell. 

On 10/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, Scoff said:

JJJ, there's been speculation about your identity, and your posts here seem to confirm a few things, so I have to ask: are you Danny Dupcak?

No. Are you? 7 posts? Just got here? :Peck, then re-Peck?  :facepalm: 

And speculation? First time I've heard about it.. And which posts confirm this? Initially, I thought Peck was a KellySH shill. How many ebay seller's shills have I busted on the forum? Do you know? Since you're new, in the event that you're not a shill and really are, I'll explain.

I expose liars on the CGC forum. Doesn't matter who is the target of those lies or who is the liar. I don't cotton to liars. Joe Peck's account was of an impossible chain of events  USPS does not offer same day, 6 hour delivery. Carefully read the thread pgs 9-11. My involvement with the seller, whose six listed Dazzler 1s I had been watching, was to send him an ebay message directing his attention to this thread:  "Heads up: You may want to join in this discussion (Forum link added) because nothing he's posted about you makes any sense".

Then KellySH ebay messaged me back about it being a losing battle for him to post, he's not a member, the book not even sent to Peck, and then two additional ebay messages with the text and images, pictures attached to the ebay message, that I copied and reposted here, all true, proving Peck's accounting to be untrue, as expected. All anyone here had to do to find out if 6 hour USPS same day delivery is possible is to reach out to USPS or to reach out to the seller through ebay and ask. Many times  using the direct approach is best for answering a question.

If you read pages 9-11, and knew what I do here, you'd be saying, Damn 3J, good work, again. But you just got here. How could you know my history here of regularly exposing liars?.:acclaim:

On 10/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, James J Johnson said:

No. Are you? 7 posts? Just got here? :Peck, then re-Peck?  :facepalm: 

And speculation? First time I've heard about it.. And which posts confirm this? Initially, I thought Peck was a KellySH shill. How many ebay seller's shills have I busted on the forum? Do you know? Since you're new, in the event that you're not a shill and really are, I'll explain.

I expose liars on the CGC forum. Doesn't matter who is the target of those lies or who is the liar. I don't cotton to liars. Joe Peck's account was of an impossible chain of events  USPS does not offer same day, 6 hour delivery. Carefully read the thread pgs 9-11. My involvement with the seller, whose six listed Dazzler 1s I had been watching, was to send him an ebay message directing his attention to this thread:  "Heads up: You may want to join in this discussion (Forum link added) because nothing he's posted about you makes any sense".

Then KellySH ebay messaged me back about it being a losing battle for him to post, he's not a member, the book not even sent to Peck, and then two additional ebay messages with the text and images, pictures attached to the ebay message, that I copied and reposted here, all true, proving Peck's accounting to be untrue, as expected. All anyone here had to do to find out if 6 hour USPS same day delivery is possible is to reach out to USPS or to reach out to the seller through ebay and ask. Many times  using the direct approach is best for answering a question.

If you read pages 9-11, and knew what I do here, you'd be saying, Damn 3J, good work, again. But you just got here. How could you know my history here of regularly exposing liars?.:acclaim:

You should read Joe pecks response to you in the lurker thread. He explain. While I think this is all a misunderstanding, you should read his thoughts for yourself

On 10/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You should read Joe pecks response to you in the lurker thread. He explain. While I think this is all a misunderstanding, you should read his thoughts for yourself

Just saw it, thank you. And while it's true that initially, his post was a bumping, that bump post had an account of a raw Dazzler 1 9.8 he just bought from KSH looking like a CGC 9.8 candidate. My shill-senses tingled. And we were off to the races. Especially when I was watching that book the day before at 3:30PM and then again at 5:30PM as still available. I have nothing against Joe Peck. His story was what I was justifiably at odds with as it turned out

On 10/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, James J Johnson said:

Just saw it, thank you. And while it's true that initially, his post was a bumping, that bump post had an account of a raw Dazzler 1 9.8 he just bought from KSH looking like a CGC 9.8 candidate. My shill-senses tingled. And we were off to the races. Especially when I was watching that book the day before at 3:30PM and then again at 5:30PM as still available. I have nothing against Joe Peck. His story was what I was justifiably at odds with as it turned out

Yes. Its understandable given what you have established and need to be protected. I'm glad that it wasnt a hunt, and that its resolved. @Joe Peck 

If someone steps on a landmine, I'm glad some are there to help them off carefully !