• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 May 16 - 17 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

348 posts in this topic

This is taking forever...

This live auctioneer seem to want to drag things out more than normal. It's going to be a long day....

Malvin

This is ridiculous. 35 minutes into the sale and we're only on lot 25. These lots really shouldn't be taking more than a minute at most, and 45 seconds should do it. :frustrated:

agreed. the guy seems likeable and I enjoyed how he handled the small part of yesterday's sale that I watched but this is like watching grass grow

Maybe--given that the only Spidey part it's got is his hands, it's not exactly one of the better covers; not to mention that he didn't do the interior. of that issue.

I'm perplexed by the high price (so far) on the Magnus # 19 cover. Who's paying $1,600+ for a post-Unity cover by a no-name artist?

My bidding strategy is based on my tolerance for Kraft Dinner. The higher I bid, the longer I have to eat Mac & Cheese :boo:

lol

You are livin' large. I go by if Ramen Noodles start to look appetizing... Best $0.20 meal you can find around! Just add Water :acclaim:

Forget water! Dry ramen noodles, crushed in the bag with the seasoning sprinkled over...learned that one in South America.

I should have gone higher on those Maxx pages. Just seemed like there was an internet bidder who put in a very high proxy. Compared to what that double page went for, you could have easily kept the best page of the 11 page story and broken up the rest to pay for it. Free page basically. I should have bid higher. Haven't felt like this since the Kevin Smith auction. Also, those Watchmen colour guide cover could have gone a smidge higher I think... but I'm an "important book" colour guide guy.

I should have gone higher on those Maxx pages. Just seemed like there was an internet bidder who put in a very high proxy. Compared to what that double page went for, you could have easily kept the best page of the 11 page story and broken up the rest to pay for it. Free page basically. I should have bid higher. Haven't felt like this since the Kevin Smith auction. Also, those Watchmen colour guide cover could have gone a smidge higher I think... but I'm an "important book" colour guide guy.

Ditto on the colour guides - they went for a song. The guide for #5 has more art than the pen and ink cover.

Maybe--given that the only Spidey part it's got is his hands, it's not exactly one of the better covers; not to mention that he didn't do the interior. of that issue.

It's clearly a buyers' market for McFarlane, which has been swamped with supply over the past year. I'm not sure it's a buyers' market for other things, however. I put in some aggressive bids during the Internet session on various lots and was outbid on most of them even before the live session.