• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Just got back from the movie. I really enjoyed it. I wasn't blown away though.

Had some childish scenes to be honest but I did really enjoy the dark and more serious parts. The Thanos scenes were awesome.

I'm a fan for sure but might need to see it again to get the full effect. The movie stopped mid way in the theatre and stopped for 10 minutes which kind of put a damper on things when it came back on. Strange...

Anyway, I'm excited to see where this all leads...

Has anyone seen the ridiculous amount that "replica" cassettes from the movie are going for? I saw one listed as "SDCC 2014". Did they give these away, or...? I just don't understand the people paying $100 plus for a cassette that they could easily make themselves for much, much less.

Another cool move on the part of the movie creative team.

Marvel Gives Military GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Nova Corps Coins

xSl0Ysb.jpg

xpQE9Qk.jpg

--------------------------

Challenge coins are personalized medals carried by troops and are awarded to each other for completing certain tasks unrelated to combat. Troops bring them out during bars to challenge others in an effort to see who has the highest-ranking coin.

--------------------------

I still have my challenge coins from the Army that came from multiple commands around the world. Military personnel put a lot of value into these not just as a form of camaraderie when out together socially, but also because these coins are a form of service recognition and accomplishment.

:applause:

Marvel Studios recognizing this with a special coin for the Air Force, Army and Navy is a really cool move on its part.

At the Mets vs. Nationals game, they just played 'Hooked on a Feeling' and folks started cheering.

James Gunn - what have you done?

lol

All people need to see is this video and you can be sure it will be undone.

:eek:

That just killed it for me. I'll have to watch his Nick Fury movie to wash it all away.

hm

Okay. I take that back. Returning to the music video.

:ohnoez:

Saw it for the second time last night with the wife. She asked if we had to stay for the end scene, and I said "nah, that's ok - I know you don't want to wait."

So she says: "Well, I know it's like a preview for the next bext Marvel thing, so I'll wait."

Then I say: "Yeah, but it's just Howard the Duck - it's not a big deal."

"Howard the Duck? What? Oh, now you're just messing with me. I'm staying."

"Oooh-kay!"

I think she was half-annoyed that A) I was telling the truth and B) that there is a character named "Howard the Duck". lol

Saw it for the second time last night with the wife. She asked if we had to stay for the end scene, and I said "nah, that's ok - I know you don't want to wait."

So she says: "Well, I know it's like a preview for the next bext Marvel thing, so I'll wait."

Then I say: "Yeah, but it's just Howard the Duck - it's not a big deal."

"Howard the Duck? What? Oh, now you're just messing with me. I'm staying."

"Oooh-kay!"

I think she was half-annoyed that A) I was telling the truth and B) that there is a character named "Howard the Duck". lol

Mrs. Hado just said WTF was that?!?

lol

So I lloked at page one of this thread and there was a lot of negativity about Bautista as Drax, I didnt follow the movie that early, but I did see it and though Drax killed it. Whats was the overall consensus of Bautista's acting?

I think he's still got a way to go, but he wasn't bad. Then again, the way the character was written, he didn't really have any deep acting scenes. One thing I do give him credit for, his comedic timing is excellent. It was perfect in several scenes. There's a lot of promise here.

So I lloked at page one of this thread and there was a lot of negativity about Bautista as Drax, I didnt follow the movie that early, but I did see it and though Drax killed it. Whats was the overall consensus of Bautista's acting?

I think he's still got a way to go, but he wasn't bad. Then again, the way the character was written, he didn't really have any deep acting scenes. One thing I do give him credit for, his comedic timing is excellent. It was perfect in several scenes. There's a lot of promise here.

well said :applause:

Domestic total through Thursday = $134,390,839

Predictions for this weekend have it anywhere from $41 to $46 million, depending on the Turtles.

It should pass $200 million before next weekend. :)

Peace,

Chip

Guardians of the Galaxy full international release schedule

China is not until September 5th.

Wow!

8 August 2014 box office openings:

• Bulgaria
  • India
  • Mexico
  • Pakistan
  • Venezuela

Venezuela alone was a $10 MM country for 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' as a total, and Mexico was $25.7 MM. So they will definitely help bump 'GotG' this weekend.

Saw it last night with a friend and we both loved it.

Biggest fanboy thrill for me was seeing a Celestial on the big screen. How cool did that look ?! :headbang:

It proves a full-size Galactus would have rocked in FF 2.

Imagine how good a future movie could be with the Celestials, alongside Thanos and the Avengers....

Eson The Researcher.

CelestialEson.JPG

Esonsearcher.png

gaurdians-of-the-galaxy.png

Disney is definitely pleased with its Marvel Studios division.

:applause:

Guardians of the Galaxy's Success Pushes Disney Past $1 Billion at the Domestic Box Office

------------------------

Disney is reporting that their 2014 U.S. box office totals have passed $1 billion, thanks in large part to the success of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Captain America generated just under $260 million since its release in April. So far, Guardians has generated more than $134 million. That means Marvel Studios movies have accounted for roughly 39% of Disney's U.S. box office revenue this year (even if you don't consider whatever little bit of business Thor: The Dark World -- which was released last November -- was doing at the beginning of the year).

------------------------