• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 21-23, 2014

312 posts in this topic

I know it's charging $10 non-CGC and CGC $15

Thanks for the heads up.. Pretty pricey if you're getting multiple books signed..

Jesus, almost at Neal's prices and he's nowhere near that stature.

So the print run for Superior Spiderman 29 variant is 5k.

Wow.

Is that high or low?

That's high..however..it all depends on how much of that run makes it to the US

I look at it this way.... there was probably a 20k print run for that book.

5k print run makes it a 1:4 variant. . Not that rare

So the print run for Superior Spiderman 29 variant is 5k.

Wow.

Is that high or low?

That's high..however..it all depends on how much of that run makes it to the US

I look at it this way.... there was probably a 20k print run for that book.

5k print run makes it a 1:4 variant. . Not that rare

Superior Spider-Man is a 70k print run book. Closer to a 1:15 variant

(#27.now was 86k and #28 was 75k - source http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-02.html )

And how does that compare to 606/607? Weren't they a couple of Campbell variant covers?

The Campbell covers for ASM 601, 606 and 607 are not even variant covers. They are the regulars. 606 has a sketch / convention variant.

A better comparison is the Superior 20 Black Cat 1:50 variant. A lot of stores did not order enough to qualify since it was not originally solicited as a JSC variant. I know a store that ordered 64 copies and did not get this variant. SS #20 Variant is a harder book to get than this new SS #29 Convention Variant.

I am just amused by all the boardies climbing over each other to get this book. lol

@$30ish raw, I don't see it being a problem. People are paying near that for 601,606,607 raw. A lot of people won't buy the SS#20 Black Cat @$100+ so this is a nice alternative.

That one thread was nuts though. I don't recall a thread like that in some time (if ever!)

It's a great cover and with a print run of 5k there will be a demand greater than the availablilty so it is priced right between $40-$60 a bit higher if you want it in NM+ condition since I heard that there's been some damaged covers. But it was all due to speculation since no one knew much about it and it was a Campbell cover...lol

Would anybody be available on setup day 3/20/14 between 1:00-2:00 in the afternoon to help Charles of Hotflips (Booth 269) unload my boxes and bring them to Hotflips booth (booth 269) until John gets in. I will pay you for your help.

Thank you

Bob

Would anybody be available on setup day 3/20/14 between 1:00-2:00 in the afternoon to help Charles of Hotflips (Booth 269) unload my boxes and bring them to Hotflips booth (booth 269) until John gets in. I will pay you for your help.

Thank you

Bob

Hotflips will pay you as well to help unload our stuff as well. Double incentive.