• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Karl/artboy99 has been getting full GPA (or a bit above ) in grade for raw copies of BA #12 for a while now at local shows.

As far as pricing, last year I put my 9.6 ASM #361 up at $250, and it sold within an hour. I did not think it would move so I kept my #362 9.6 in the box. I quickly put it out at $150 and had it sell right away.

My only concern is that at $2500 it will sell and then I need to try to replace it. At the current exchange rate for those of us up here that may not be as easy as it seems.........

Edited by kimik

I agree, if you were to list the hottest comics right now this one would be in the top 3 if not 1. To "overprice" a book like that where it can be inspected in hand etc., seems more than reasonable.

Sure if your wall book is a Daredevil 131 and its overpriced by 25% then maybe it doesn't make sense to promote your booth.

Ed

Karl/artboy99 has been getting full GPA (or a bit above ) in grade for raw copies of BA #12 for a while now at local shows.

As far as pricing, last year I put my 9.6 ASM #361 up at $250, and it sold within an hour. I did not think it would move so I kept my #362 9.6 in the box. I quickly put it out at $150 and had it sell right away.

My only concern is that at $2500 it will sell and then I need to try to replace it. At the current exchange rate for those of us up here that may not be as easy as it seems.........

Well, it sounds like you really don't want to sell it.

So just keep it and enjoy.

I am going to take my 9.8 and price it at $2500, or maybe even $3000, this weekend at the Calgary Expo. It will be interesting to see if there are any serious buyers at that price.

Man that's crazy. I remember buying this book when it came out.

I sold the entire run of BA for next to nothing lol

I am going to take my 9.8 and price it at $2500, or maybe even $3000, this weekend at the Calgary Expo. It will be interesting to see if there are any serious buyers at that price.

Man that's crazy. I remember buying this book when it came out.

I sold the entire run of BA for next to nothing lol

Well it took what, 15 years for it to start going up? No one saw this kind of price coming.

Interesting?I think not.

I can crystal ball that for you....you price the book at $500 or a $1000 more of the highest recorded sale for BA 12 in 9.8 and......it won't sell.

I'd also be inclined to think that if someone sees a yellow post-it that reads "$2500" or more on a BA 12, you will drive away potential customers who would assume that the rest of your prices are also well above current norms.

Two things... that's $Cdn, and how are those 9.9s coming along? Care to post your results?

I had 7 BA 12's at megacon this past weekend...

a cgc 8.5, 9.4, 9.6's and 9.8

not a single one sold....had 9.8 priced at 1500, 9.6 at 795, etc...

all under recent gpa recorded sales, yet I didn't sell a single one...

and, the production is at or slightly over 25K on this book

Cost of replacement is always a factor in my pricing consideration.

I love it when someone writes to me on eBay, and offers 50% of my asking price, saying, "That's what other copies in similar grade have sold for." My response? "You should have pulled the trigger on those other copies." :grin:

What did sell? hm

What did sell? hm

the raw copies at $250 lol

Cost of replacement is always a factor in my pricing consideration.

I love it when someone writes to me on eBay, and offers 50% of my asking price, saying, "That's what other copies in similar grade have sold for." My response? "You should have pulled the trigger on those other copies." :grin:

OK, that's pretty funny. lol

hm

-J.

+1 hm

I predict that it will not sell at those stated prices at the Calgary Con, especially with the oil industry taking a hit and the Alberta economy feeling the ripples.

Even if it is CDN funds. It's wishful thinking to expect but people aren't that desperate for the book.

You'd have better luck seeing those type of prices on-line and being patient.

My CGC 8.0 sold for $450 on the bay. :busy:

I couldn't even get that for my 8.5 at megacon doh!

Something about ebay evidently compels people to overpay for movie hype books that are readily available for cheaper at other venues for some reason. Go figure. (shrug)

-J.

You mean it's not shilling?

Something about ebay evidently compels people to overpay for movie hype books that are readily available for cheaper at other venues for some reason. Go figure. (shrug)

-J.

:whistle:lol

-J.

-J.

:whistle:lol

-J.

The 8.0 had White pages, Ricks only had OW/W :baiting: