• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joey post

254 posts in this topic

Joey has his critics too and there are other pressers out there that have better communication skills and better business models in my opinion.

Your opinion is very much in the minority. And I suspect your drive-by swipes have no basis in reality.

Many times on these boards, the person airing grievances in threads are ultimately revealed to be the unreasonable party. I bet that's the case here.

After doing business with Joey for years and reading your posts, I'm fairly certain your opinion should be ignored entirely.

This

Joey has his critics too and there are other pressers out there that have better communication skills and better business models in my opinion.

Your opinion is very much in the minority. And I suspect your drive-by swipes have no basis in reality.

After doing business with Joey for years and reading your posts, I'm fairly certain your opinion should be ignored entirely.

This

This +1

Well, maybe not ENTIRELY ignored

joey's VERY PATIENT responses to my non-stop questions make his the go-to service for my books. Continue sending your books to these "other presser's"

with better comm skills, business models, and unmentioned results if you wish. :shrug:

I'm not wearing any panties.

:blush:

"Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual."

I've sent one batch of books to Joey for pressing and then sent them to CGC. He was responsive and very easy to deal with for a noobie and I plan to send him additional books in the future.

I will simply add my 2c worth to this thread.

I've been here on the boards for quite a few years now, have dealt with many a Board member through purchases and sales, and have used Joe's services multiple times. He is one of the good guys here, he is friendly and respectful to deal with. Anyone who has otherwise to say, I would categorize them in the minority.

That's all I got to say about that....

I'm not new to comic books, but I am new to CGC/slabbing and certainly pressing. I was very skeptical about slabbing books when I got back into collecting and held off for quite some time.

Right now I'm in the middle of my virgin experience/test run with slabbing. I sent one Bronze age book to joeypost for pressing and CGC. He has been very responsive to my emails and questions and his turnaround/status with my book is currently exactly has he has claimed/quoted here in this thread, on the previous page. I'm looking forward to getting the book back from CGC. Once comfortable with this process, I may begin submitting many more through joeypost.

I wish CGC do the same as Joey, taking care of his current customer first before taking in any more workload. (thumbs u

I am very sure that CGC and CCS are the top notch services but they are flooded with countless thousand and thousand comic books.

Also I am positively certain that Joeypost and PGX are excellent services and their reasonable prices. They are always on time to handle hundreds of the books. PGX's price is pretty same for a long time in contrast to CGC's fees are consistently increased every three to five years plus few additional fees like Grader's notes and $5 S/H.

Joey collects the books as many as he can so he can make one trip to CGC per month. I think Doug Schmell of Pedigree Comics does the same thing. He drives to CGC to drop off/pick up the books every month. They save big doughs on the shipping/insurance costs.

I wish CGC do the same as Joey, taking care of his current customer first before taking in any more workload. (thumbs u

I am very sure that CGC and CCS are the top notch services but they are flooded with countless thousand and thousand comic books.

Also I am positively certain that Joeypost and PGX are excellent services and their reasonable prices. They are always on time to handle hundreds of the books. PGX's price is pretty same for a long time in contrast to CGC's fees are consistently increased every three to five years plus few additional fees like Grader's notes and $5 S/H.

Joey collects the books as many as he can so he can make one trip to CGC per month. I think Doug Schmell of Pedigree Comics does the same thing. He drives to CGC to drop off/pick up the books every month. They save big doughs on the shipping/insurance costs.

Also CGC and CCS are overwhelmed to meet high volume of demands than PGX and Joeypost.

CGC is the only game in town. So there's nothing to top.

CCS I cannot comment on.

As for PGX pricing, maybe it will make up for the money you lose when you sell your PGX 7.0 instead of a CGC 7.0 but I highly doubt it.

Also, I don't think Joey does it to save money. I think its common sense. Drive books to reduce risk of shipping damage for your customers. I much rather have my grails driven by Joey than shipped an extra time.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Joeypost and PGX should not be used in the same sentence; Joeypost provides quality services, while PGX is a clearly shady and inferior product to CGC. I consider Joeypost to be equivalent to CCS, but CGC is far superior to PGX.

2. I do not have any data to compare the volume of pressing books with CCS versus Joeypost. Joeypost is a one-man pressing operation, so you know who exactly is pressing your books and his skill level. I'm not sure if Matt is the sole presser.

3. Joeypost definitely has more than hundreds and hundreds of books in the queue. But, even with his backlog, I'm pretty much always in the process of putting together a 15-30 book order for him. :)

You're kidding, right? PGX has excellent services? :facepalm: And they handle hundreds of books? :screwy:

Daniel wouldn't be able to handle slabbing hundreds of books at once in his Mom's garage. lol And any guy who slabs his own books, then puts them on e-bay hardly qualifies as having excellent services. rantrant

To put Joey in the same sentence as PGX just means that you have no idea of the difference between quality and integrity (Joey), and theft and fraudulent business activities (PGX). :screwy:

You're kidding, right? PGX has excellent services? :facepalm: And they handle hundreds of books? :screwy:

Daniel wouldn't be able to handle slabbing hundreds of books at once in his Mom's garage. lol And any guy who slabs his own books, then puts them on e-bay hardly qualifies as having excellent services. rantrant

To put Joey in the same sentence as PGX just means that you have no idea of the difference between quality and integrity (Joey), and theft and fraudulent business activities (PGX). :screwy:

Relax, you took my sentences too seriously. I never tried with PGX myself. My best guess is that not so many people used PGX I noticed that. One thing is, for sure, their grading will NEVER be same as CGC. Many people have cracked PGX cases for CGC grading. It is almost always downgraded. I did myself at one time and got one upgrade. Probably it was a pure luck but I did my best to keep avoiding PGX except key issues. I have HEARD many comments about PGX so I decided to pass New Mutants #98 PGX 9.9 that was sold for about $1700 last year. I know it will be downgraded to 9.8 -- maybe 9.6.

I have gone to two comic conventions this year. I saw the stacks of the comic books at the CGC booth. It looked like 400 to 600 books in those boxes in one day. I would imagine that CGC probably received 1200 to 1800 books in the whole weekend. How many conventions have CGC gone to this year? Their turnarounds for Modern and Economy are painstakingly slow for sure (I always use those tiers instead of paying for fast track services). Yes, thousands and thousands. PGX probably have received few hundreds in one year (from what I have seen on ebay, auction companies and others -- not very often so I assumed that word, "hundreds" is safe). I don't think PGX is fraudulent at all but it will always stay inferiority to CGC. ABC and other grading companies did not survive for few years. CGC is only 13 years old and is still an amazing company I don't question about it.

I have not tried with Joeypost but his price is very reasonable and his turnaround is always on time (I read many posts about his positive outcome). I had with Matt Nelson for pressing my two books so far but the turnarounds were taken longer than normal. Yes, my experience with CGC CCS, PGX and Joeypost is pretty small. I have been used CGC for four years and read posts here sometimes. I am still learning new stuffs. :grin: Thank you for pointing me out about PGX. I am not trying to do something stupid on this but I am still learning. :juggle: (I am still trying to learn how to juggle with four balls- what a challenge like here).