• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,978 posts in this topic

There's a group shots thread going around so I thought I'd show a group shot of my double cover issues. This is most of them. I know I have a few more around here somewhere. hm

th_Beware6DoubleCover.jpgth_BullwinkleRocky1NM-DoubleCover.jpgth_BullwinkleRocky1NMDoubleCover.jpgth_CaptainAmerica119DoubleCover.jpgth_ChillingAdventuresInSorcery2DoubleC.jpg

Beware #6

Bullwinkle and Rocky #1 1st copy

Bullwinkle and Rocky #2 2nd copy

Captain America #119

Chilling Adventures in Sorcery #2

th_Conan3DoubleCover.jpgth_Conan3CGC60DoubleCoverClose-up.jpgth_Crazy2DoubleCover.jpgth_Daredevil237CGC98DoubleCover.jpgth_FantasticFour312DoubleCover.jpg

Conan #3

Crazy #2

Daredevil #237

Fantastic Four #312

th_Hardcase1DoubleCover.jpgth_Hardcase1CGC92DoubleCover.jpgth_Ka-Zar15DoubleCover.jpgth_Ka-Zar15CGC80DoubleCover.jpgth_LilPals2NM-DoubleCover.jpg

Hardcase #1

Ka-Zar #15

Li'l Pals #2

th_MarvelPremiere2DoubleCover.jpgth_MarvelPremiere2CGC75DoubleCover.jpgth_MarvelsGreatestComics47FN-VFDoubleCover.jpgth_MarvelSuperheroContestofChampions3D.jpgth_MarvelSuperHeroContestofChampions3C.jpg

Marvel Premiere #2

Marvel's Greatest Comics #47

Marvel Superhero Contest of Champions #3

th_MarvelTales150DoubleCover.jpgth_MightyMarvelWestern11VFDoubleCover.jpgth_OMAC4VFDoubleCover.jpgth_OMAC8VF-NMDoubleCover.jpgth_PhantomZone1DoubleCover.jpgth_PhantomZone1CGC75DoubleCover.jpg

Marvel Tales #150

Mighty Marvel Western #11

OMAC #4

OMAC #8

Phantom Zone #1

th_RedWolf8VFDoubleCover.jpgth_SgtFury41DoubleCover.jpgth_SgtFury71DoubleCover.jpgth_Superman174FNDoubleCover.jpg

Red Wolf #8

Sgt. Fury #41

Sgt. Fury #71

Superman #174

th_Tarzan78FNDoubleCover.jpgth_WonderWoman205DoubleCover.jpgth_WonderWoman205CGC75DoubleCoverClose.jpg

Tarzan #78

Wonder Woman #205

There's a group shots thread going around so I thought I'd show a group shot of my double cover issues. This is most of them. I know I have a few more around here somewhere. hm

th_Beware6DoubleCover.jpgth_BullwinkleRocky1NM-DoubleCover.jpgth_BullwinkleRocky1NMDoubleCover.jpgth_CaptainAmerica119DoubleCover.jpgth_ChillingAdventuresInSorcery2DoubleC.jpg

Beware #6

Bullwinkle and Rocky #1 1st copy

Bullwinkle and Rocky #2 2nd copy

Captain America #119

Chilling Adventures in Sorcery #2

th_Conan3DoubleCover.jpgth_Conan3CGC60DoubleCoverClose-up.jpgth_Crazy2DoubleCover.jpgth_Daredevil237CGC98DoubleCover.jpgth_FantasticFour312DoubleCover.jpg

Conan #3

Crazy #2

Daredevil #237

Fantastic Four #312

th_Hardcase1DoubleCover.jpgth_Hardcase1CGC92DoubleCover.jpgth_Ka-Zar15DoubleCover.jpgth_Ka-Zar15CGC80DoubleCover.jpgth_LilPals2NM-DoubleCover.jpg

Hardcase #1

Ka-Zar #15

Li'l Pals #2

th_MarvelPremiere2DoubleCover.jpgth_MarvelPremiere2CGC75DoubleCover.jpgth_MarvelsGreatestComics47FN-VFDoubleCover.jpgth_MarvelSuperheroContestofChampions3D.jpgth_MarvelSuperHeroContestofChampions3C.jpg

Marvel Premiere #2

Marvel's Greatest Comics #47

Marvel Superhero Contest of Champions #3

th_MarvelTales150DoubleCover.jpgth_MightyMarvelWestern11VFDoubleCover.jpgth_OMAC4VFDoubleCover.jpgth_OMAC8VF-NMDoubleCover.jpgth_PhantomZone1DoubleCover.jpgth_PhantomZone1CGC75DoubleCover.jpg

Marvel Tales #150

Mighty Marvel Western #11

OMAC #4

OMAC #8

Phantom Zone #1

th_RedWolf8VFDoubleCover.jpgth_SgtFury41DoubleCover.jpgth_SgtFury71DoubleCover.jpgth_Superman174FNDoubleCover.jpg

Red Wolf #8

Sgt. Fury #41

Sgt. Fury #71

Superman #174

th_Tarzan78FNDoubleCover.jpgth_WonderWoman205DoubleCover.jpgth_WonderWoman205CGC75DoubleCoverClose.jpg

Tarzan #78

Wonder Woman #205

Here are the rest of my double cover issues:

th_AmazingAdventures37VGDoubleCover.jpgth_HumanFly1VG-DoubleCover.jpgth_Korak52VF-NMDoubleCover.jpg

So 29 double covers in all I guess.

Was scanning some books for an upcoming board sale and had two cap 4s, one of them felt considerably thicker than the other...turns out it has a double cover as well as a BMG Music insert that the other does not have. Not sure how many books had the insert, but I thought it was interesting that one had it and the other did not.

110508.jpg.5358cb8e6539d2279b8c9490a8e2b9d7.jpg

110509.jpg.b663c7dfee0bdb08b42f896c628dcb34.jpg

Do double covers of common modern books demand a premium, and if so, are they worth getting graded if you intend to sell? I picked up a random later issue of FATHOM with a double cover and I'm considering getting it graded if it will get me some more $$$.

Thanks.