• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity thread for Fazybones

748 posts in this topic

We haven't quite evolved so in the USA, where apparently It's ok for the working class to go broke trying to pay medical expenses. But that's not a topic for this thread :/

Great work by the organizers, and as usual the board members rose to the cause. :headbang:

Not strictly a topic for this thread, but it‘s been really uplifting for me to see how people collecting comics can come together in such a way and stretch to help other ones in need who have to sustain big medical expenses. :foryou:

+1

(thumbs u

Was I the only one who read that and laughed at the thought of Fay talking with an Australian accent?

No, you weren't.

Seems I have spoken to Fay on the phone a few years ago, I laughed.

Get well soon, Fay.

This is touching Craig, thank you. And don’t feel in debt, as people freely donated, and on my part it surely wasn’t such a big deal.

There are way more generous things we can do for each other every day… :foryou:

P.S. How do you recognize an australian accent? :D

Just an update from Craig that he asked me to post.

"CGC MEMEBERS"

Hello, first off Fay is doing the same .Her nurse told me again today that she has a long road to recovery but I know Fay and she is one of the strongest person I have ever met! She is still in ICU and tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since the operations.

Everyday I hear "There will be good days and bad days" I realized that I still have her so to me every day is a good day!

Andy I wanted you to know that I asked again if she knew who Andy was and much to my surprise she replied "I bought comics off him" although it was in an Australian accent I was extremely happy :-)

I do not even know where or how to begin to thank all of you for your generosity and huge hearts.There are so many names and so many people who have made this so much easier to handle best of all relieving a whole lot of stress and worry allowing me the luxury to concentrate on Fay !

I don't think Thank you even comes close to covering how much this means to both of our families ! Andy you are a true gentleman "Thank you "

I thank each of you and will never forget the "CGC MEMBERS"

With much sincerity,

Craig

Thanks for sharing this, as I was actually wondering today what Fay's status was.

Wishing her all the best!

:wishluck:

+1

Craig,

We would like to know how Fay is doing.A update every now and then would be great(if that isnt too personal).

Get better Fay.You are missed :foryou:(worship)

Dennis

Thanks for the update. Get better Fay. See you here soon.

Was I the only one who read that and laughed at the thought of Fay talking with an Australian accent?

No, you weren't.

It can only be a good sign. :D

Glad to hear about the steps to recovery. We went through something similar after my wife was injured in a car accident. It teaches you to value every day.

I totally missed this news.

My heart and prayers go out to Fay, and her family.

It has been way too long since we last spoke, I hope I get the chance to make up for that.

Stay strong and get well Fay.

Kenny, and family.

Not sure if the thread is still going; hope so. Here's a couple spidey's....

#42 - a low grade reading copy. Cover creases, some staining, lots of wear. $25 shipped.

asm4230cream_zps66fda666.jpg

asm4230bc_zpscfef8c8f.jpg

#38 4.0 OW someone traced Spidey and left indent marks around his body. $39 shipped

asm38vgow_zpsbdbd6c06.jpg

They ended the donations last week but those are some nice books that I'm sure someone would be interested in! :)

Thank you so much everyone for all the generosity and hard work listing things and mailing them, etc.

Our current total of items paid for and cash donations is $16,359

Andy is a little tied up right now (yes you can use that Chris ;)so he asked me to post something. He (Andy) has heard from Craig again, and Craig is a little overwhelmed by all the donations. He says that he is uncomfortable accepting any more help, that he is fine now.

So we are going to close the thread. Please don't post any more items. We are no longer accepting donations.

Andy will post in an hour or so when he's untied;)

....still have marks from those ropes... :shy:

Thanks Sharon, for posting on my behalf. (thumbs u

To be honest, I think Craig is quite overwhelmed at the generosity of the members here, and is feeling quite humble. He had told me that he is feeling uncomfortable to accept any more donations, and I respect that and would like to cease accepting donations.

I should use this chance to say thank you to this wonderful community that I am a part of. :foryou:

Andy :)

They ended the donations last week but those are some nice books that I'm sure someone would be interested in! :)

Thank you so much everyone for all the generosity and hard work listing things and mailing them, etc.

Our current total of items paid for and cash donations is $16,359

Andy is a little tied up right now (yes you can use that Chris ;)so he asked me to post something. He (Andy) has heard from Craig again, and Craig is a little overwhelmed by all the donations. He says that he is uncomfortable accepting any more help, that he is fine now.

So we are going to close the thread. Please don't post any more items. We are no longer accepting donations.

Andy will post in an hour or so when he's untied;)

....still have marks from those ropes... :shy:

Thanks Sharon, for posting on my behalf. (thumbs u

To be honest, I think Craig is quite overwhelmed at the generosity of the members here, and is feeling quite humble. He had told me that he is feeling uncomfortable to accept any more donations, and I respect that and would like to cease accepting donations.

I should use this chance to say thank you to this wonderful community that I am a part of. :foryou:

Andy :)

Groan. Sorry everyone. :sorry:

Just going through the forum after being way a bit, Sadden by what happened yet happy things are getting better for Fay, She truly is a great person. You guys did a great job!!

Groan. Sorry everyone. :sorry:

Hey, no need to apologize, pal! Let’s pray for Fay and Craig! (thumbs u

Amen, Brother...............GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u