• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecs 1-26 In Grade -- The Quest Is Finally Over

546 posts in this topic

Hey Peter, let's make the book look as pretty in the picture as it is in person!

det5_zpsad641e0d.jpg

How many folks has Jon helped out with their collecting quests? I know he sold me a Wow What A Magazine 2 many many years back. Of course I still have it, and it brought me in to touch with Will Eisner. Very nice guy. So here I see another example where Jon helped fill a spot in a collection. It's not always all about the money folks. So kudos to Jon for recognizing that.

Congratulations, how did you celebrate (assuming you are willing to disclose that)?

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Actually, this thread is my celebration.

This thread and a pizza would be better. :idea:

Pizza on Peter's patio in three months! :cloud9:

Man. That is one of the most amazing books I've ever seen posted here.

Looking very much forward to the next book!

Detective #9 is my very favorite pre-bat cover; it's how that cloud got its number. :cloud9:

Per your request, here is the Church copy of #9 (CGC 9.2):

Man. That is one of the most amazing books I've ever seen posted here.

Detective #9 is my very favorite pre-bat cover; it's how that cloud got its number. :cloud9:

+1

I've thought about picking up a Federal Men #2 (probably will someday) to slake my 'Tec #9 jones, but the cover just misses for me.

I'll most likely end up having posters made; of it and New Adventure #24, my hands-down favorite Flessel cover.

What an amazing, blinding, spectacular, book, (worship)

So for those of us, (Ok me), who cant' keep track of the past nine books, Peter, is this the first Church copy of the run, in super high grade, ?

B

What an amazing, blinding, spectacular, book, (worship)

So for those of us, (Ok me), who cant' keep track of the past nine books, Peter, is this the first Church copy of the run, in super high grade, ?

B

If "super high grade" means 9.0 or better, yes. The Church #5 posted earlier is a CGC 8.5.

I agree that the #9 is a beauty. It's one of my favorite covers and I was thrilled to get a copy that looks so fresh and flawless.