• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

It's a new direction, with new art, but the story remains the same.

With Stjepan on board, we will have a regular monthly schedule. 8 issues in the next 9 months.

Definitely a transition period, but the amount of content coming out this year will be as much as we'd shipped since the series came out. Very excited. Fans won't be disappointed. Promise.

I love this book! Super cool that you post on these boards! Can't wait for the next issue!

Funniest book out there! Every issue is gold. Thanks for creating such a great series :)

In a CBR interview. What can you tell us about the animated project based on Image Comics' "Rat Queens?"

Jeff Krelitz (part owner of Heavy Metal): "Rat Queens" is developing with Pukeko Pictures, which is Richard Taylor's television arm of Weta. We're looking to do it as a very irreverent, "Archer"-type show. I just met with an animation studio, and there's one that's interested in doing it. It's really gotta be Kurtis Weibe's "Rat Queens." His voice has been very powerful with the fans -- I think it struck a chord with people.

Sauce (CBR)

Lots of cool things happening on that front. Moving forward a lot quicker than Panzerfaust (which is still happening, I'm told).

And I'm being brought on to co-write the pilot for RQ, so that's cool.

:whee:

Lots of cool things happening on that front. Moving forward a lot quicker than Panzerfaust (which is still happening, I'm told).

And I'm being brought on to co-write the pilot for RQ, so that's cool.

I'm glad to hear it. It never even occurred to me that anybody else would write it. (thumbs u

Very interesting.. Since day one I compared Rat Queens to TMNT in terms of potential..

Its kinda ironic that TMNT is referenced in that article indirectly, im sure that was not coincidental..

Either way.. Im not surprised that this is in the works, even as Kurt said, before PP..

THIS WILL BE MADE INTO A SERIES - It will not shock me to hear that a pilot has been approved and ordered into a series - no brainer.

RQ is very current in terms of market demographics. Fresh, and innovative.

I think that folks dont really understand yet how big of a following this book has