• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most affordable key book

154 posts in this topic

Yes, but a 3.5 was in the market place for about $10K.

i'd like to see everyones version of affordability

I can't afford it by any stretch of the imagination (btw I checked again and its $9K) but you figure for the first appearance of one of the big three of DC its much easier to obtain than an Action 1 or a Tec 27 in a comparable grade.

sure but it doesn't make it affordable

I can't afford it by any stretch of the imagination (btw I checked again and its $9K) but you figure for the first appearance of one of the big three of DC its much easier to obtain than an Action 1 or a Tec 27 in a comparable grade.

lol Not for me.

Take the K off that number above and that'd be it for me.

Not for many, but when you're talking "most" affordable key of the GA I think that this would qualify, especially relative to the other big DC characters. All-Star #8 has always been a laggard, likely due to the lack of WW on the cover (which would hurt it relative to Detective #27 or Action #1). What would a 3.5 of either of those latter two books sell for?

Not for many, but when you're talking "most" affordable key of the GA I think that this would qualify

not at all, More Fun Comics 73, first Green Arrow, Aquaman, Speedy and Aqualad

CLink has a 9.0 for $27,000

Not for many, but when you're talking "most" affordable key of the GA I think that this would qualify

not at all, More Fun Comics 73, first Green Arrow, Aquaman, Speedy and Aqualad

CLink has a 9.0 for $27,000

The MF is more affordable, especially in grade, but is it nearly as key as the All-Star? That could explain the price differential. They both make it into the conversation, but between the two the All-Star gets my vote for bigger key (especially relative to value).

I'd say the first appearance of Wonder Woman is more key than any other superhero DC has other than Supes & Bats - she isn't the third member of DCs "Trinity" for nothing.

;)

-slym

+1 I totally agree.

I am so sad to see this thread that has no mention of...

All Star 8

Now... before you start yelping, hear me out.

Of all the Golden Age super hero books, especially those which are still relevant today... this is one that is iconic and still affordable in relation to Detective 27 or Action 1 or Captain America 1. When we are talking about keys, especially key Golden Age, this should be mentioned.

Just my opinion, but when a Wonder Woman movie comes out, this book will be completely out of reach. :(

This thread has 'jumped the shark'

The elephant in the room here is one of the most ignored and under valued keys, I don't think it's had a mention yet in this thread.

2000 AD #2, with the first appearance of Judge Dredd. This story launched an ongoing universe, with a whole bunch of associated characters, books and even a couple of feature films. Arguably this is one of the most important keys of the bronze age.

:sumo:

The elephant in the room here is one of the most ignored and under valued keys, I don't think it's had a mention yet in this thread.

2000 AD #2, with the first appearance of Judge Dredd. This story launched an ongoing universe, with a whole bunch of associated characters, books and even a couple of feature films. Arguably this is one of the most important keys of the bronze age.

Anything not started in the US sucks...

(Im soooooo kidding)

but there's a difference between under valued, and the market just doesn't value it as much.

Books coming out via non-US publishers dont have as wide a market, and with the explosion of the Marvel movie industry (and possible coat-tail riding of a DC Universe movie industry if the JLA movie takes off?) it will further push non-US books down the "value" charts into niche categories.

Miracleman/Marvelman

Judge Dredd

umm... what else is created outside of the US that has had significant appeal? There has to be more....

I mean certainly various Manga are wildly successful, but they arent collectable since their publishing approach is different...

The book isn't cheap or underpriced in high grade and complete with free gift. Chris got a decent price for his copy, recently.

Anything not started in the US sucks...

(Im soooooo kidding)

but there's a difference between under valued, and the market just doesn't value it as much.

Books coming out via non-US publishers dont have as wide a market, and with the explosion of the Marvel movie industry (and possible coat-tail riding of a DC Universe movie industry if the JLA movie takes off?) it will further push non-US books down the "value" charts into niche categories.

Miracleman/Marvelman

Judge Dredd

umm... what else is created outside of the US that has had significant appeal? There has to be more....

I mean certainly various Manga are wildly successful, but they arent collectable since their publishing approach is different...

Blueberry

Tin Tin (not a fan but has appeal)

Asterix (again)

only others i can think of...Sandman was created by Gaiman who is English but it's Vertigo so US