• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big ongoing Sales thread...some new GA and now SA!

811 posts in this topic

The 8.0 is gorgeous, but even the 5.0 looks really sharp.

one thing I hope fellow boardies notice, is that I always try to buy the most eye appealing books for the grade... naturally, that results in my often times paying more, hence I have to "resell" for more, but in almost every case, my 5.0 will be superior to the avg 5.0, and thus warrant being higher priced (thumbs u

I agree, Rick's books generally present above average for the grade.

I've always tried to do this too - buy books which outperform their grade (and actually take heat for this sometimes, when people would rather pay a few percent less and get a book that looks lucky to be in the slab it's in......never quite understood that methodology)

There is serious variance in how a book in any given grade looks - guys like Rick will have more of those nicer copies. (thumbs u

Do you really believe this?

"my 5.0 will be superior to the avg 5.0

Wow

I should clarify I mean superior eye appeal (thumbs u

do you not believe a 5.0 with ow/w pages and no marvel chipping is superior to the "avg" 5.0 that might have lessor pages and marvel chipping? and thusly should be worth more/cost more (shrug) I certainly do

it was a statement that I try to buy books with superior eye appeal vs the "average"...

Bob I think what Rick is saying is that he buys books with above average eye appeal. (shrug) Non believer. :baiting::grin:
correct...I didn't mean to imply that my books are in some way superior to other folks books just because "me/myself/I" own them....just that I try to only buy books that have a better (superior) eye appeal (thumbs u

Do you really believe this?

"my 5.0 will be superior to the avg 5.0

Wow

I should clarify I mean superior eye appeal (thumbs u

do you not believe a 5.0 with ow/w pages and no marvel chipping is superior to the "avg" 5.0 that might have lessor pages and marvel chipping?

it was a statement that I try to buy books with superior eye appeal vs the "average"...

A good answer,however my reply would be show me a better one.