• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For OKC Tornado Moore, OK

243 posts in this topic

Absolutely amazing that you guys found that Babe Ruth photo. Wow.

What was the owner's reaction when it was returned?

Peace,

Chip

It was a very "Yup we had that in an old box of photographs." response. He was a very down to earth man, and while he was grateful that we were there and seemed to be okay with having the picture back, you have to realize we're talking about a man whose home had no roof. All aluminum siding had blown off. Nearly every tree in his yard was down, those that weren't have aluminum siding and other debris high up in them. Every window on the back side of his house was broken. Lots of items all over the ground. Broken windshield on his pickup truck and his hood was bent and contorted. Windows busted on several other cars parked outside.

I thought about taking pictures to help document my experience, but I decided not to because I felt like it would be taking a picture of someone else's hardship and figure there's plenty of pictures all over the internet of the damage without me snapping a bunch more.

I tell you this much, the clean up is going to take months and there simply is not enough volunteers. There is plenty to do down there and there will be for months. By the time we left today (it started raining pretty heavily) we had managed to cleanup most of the major debris at this residence. The stuff still there is small and the type of stuff best left to raking and wheel barrels.

There was a man there from Florida, his name was Victor with some of his employees. He owns a roofing business. He had come up and tarped the roof of the house and started to re-roof. He was not charging for this at all.

People were driving up and down the streets distributing food and water. One truck came by with smoked sausage, beans, and potato salad and at least three more trucks came by with barbecue sandwhiches.

It's amazing both the devastation and the willingness of people down there helping.

:takeit: that last box and due it with a :grin: knowing it is going to a great cause..please PM me paypal addy thanks!!! and keep up the great work sir!!!!

That is all of them!

That means one of you is getting an awesome deal on ASM 300 CGC SS 9.8. I hope whoever gets it will post it once received!

Box O Goodness still left at $600. I have a standing offer at $550 so if you're waiting for it to drop again then I hate to say it probably won't last long if it drops again.

I would also like to add that seeing this thread makes you realize that even though we all share the same love for our favorite fictional super heroes and heroines that there really are these people walking the earth amongst us and we are seeing them right here before our very eyes!!! Thanks everybody for your efforts you guys :headbang: (thumbs u While I do not have anyone personally effected by this tragedy it is simply wonderful to see you real life heroes banding together for a great cause!!!! take care, Gino

I would also like to add that seeing this thread makes you realize that even though we all share the same love for our favorite fictional super heroes and heroines that there really are these people walking the earth amongst us and we are seeing them right here before our very eyes!!! Thanks everybody for your efforts you guys :headbang: (thumbs u While I do not have anyone personally effected by this tragedy it is simply wonderful to see you real life heroes banding together for a great cause!!!! take care, Gino

:headbang:

I would like to donate 2 books.

Both for $20.00 shipped.

Pay comicalgems, I will ship media mail shipping to you.

They are both sealed.

Marvel Encyclopedia vol 3 THE HULK

19.99 cover price

Marvel Encyclopedia vol 4 The Amazing Spider-Man

$24.99 cover price

photo Top-071.jpg

photo 12-12-07Mikedownload095.jpg

:headbang:

:golfclap:

Wow. We've been out of town and I had to basically detox from the computer for a couple of days or I would have taken one of those mystery boxes for sure. If anyone backs out or if one of you guys that took two wants to give one up I'll :takeit:

Well, since I can't buy a mystery box if it's ok I'll donate these from the sales thread I have up in the mixed section....

10 NM copies of X-Men #1 blanks (the ones with the blood splatter that hold color well)

i-WG7LzPK-X2.jpg

Let's say $45? Payment to comicalgems and when I receive confirmation I will send them out :thumbsup: