• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 98 CGC 10.0

1,026 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear that The-Collector. No solace but I will gladly pour you a glass of Chivas 18. You want ice or neat?

Neat. Yeah it doesn't not help much.

"The best consolation in misfortune or affliction of any kind will

be the thought of other people who are in a still worse plight than

yourself; and this is a form of consolation open to every one." Schopenhauer

Never liked that quote. It implies I care about other people's problems.

ROFL

Quick question: How far back chronologically do you have to go to find a higher price paid for a Marvel key? Iron Man #1?

Is this really the most expensive Marvel book since the Silver Age?

An Iron Man #55 double cover (9.4/9.8) went for $13,025 tonight. Close...

Sorry to hear that The-Collector. No solace but I will gladly pour you a glass of Chivas 18. You want ice or neat?

Neat. Yeah it doesn't not help much.

"The best consolation in misfortune or affliction of any kind will

be the thought of other people who are in a still worse plight than

yourself; and this is a form of consolation open to every one." Schopenhauer

Never liked that quote. It implies I care about other people's problems.

ROFL

Wow... just wow... I will save that for the inside of my desk at work... so I have something to look at when some of my coworkers person_without_enough_empathy and moan.

Quick question: How far back chronologically do you have to go to find a higher price paid for a Marvel key? Iron Man #1?

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but you definitely don't have to go back to the Silver Age to find a pricier book (the 9.9 Hulk #181 sold for mucho dinero a year or so ago)...

Edit: Mucho dinero = $150K

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but you definitely don't have to go back to the Silver Age to find a pricier book (the 9.9 Hulk #181 sold for mucho dinero a year or so ago)...

That's true, but what would a Hulk 181 or an IM #1 sell for in 10.0? It would be an obscene amount of money.

Aha! right, that completely slipped my mind, and I even wrote that up. Thank you.

That's true, but what would a Hulk 181 or an IM #1 sell for in 10.0? It would be an obscene amount of money.

Indeed!

DAYUM! :o

Incredible Hulk 181. (thumbs u

Aha! right, that completely slipped my mind, and I even wrote that up. Thank you.

Yeah, yours was the 2nd google result when I went to look up the sales price lol

So using the more stable 9.8 to 10.0 percentage price increase...

Spider-man #1: 1,025%

New Mutants 98 CGC 9.8 is currently selling for about $330 on eBay

Using the above multiplier...

(330)(10.25) = $3,382.50

Well, we know that's not right, so we need more appropriate ratios, and data correlating the "first" 10.0 to existing 9.8 or 9.9 prices on the date of the 10.0 sale.

I think the better comp might be New Mutants #1

2 10.0s on census.

one sale in 2008 (not sure if it was of the first 10.0, but its the first and only one in GPA, and was sold on ebay)

10.0 sold for $800

9.9s sold for $200 in the same year

9.8s sold for $50

So we are looking at a 4x multipler from 9.9 to 10.0

and a 18x multiplier from 9.8 to 10.0

NM1 census is

10.0 x2

9.9 x 4

9.8 x387

so the ratios from 9.8 to 9.9 are close (about 100 9.8s for every 1 9.9)

but there are two 10.0s (though only one public sale)

NM98 has the same ratio of about 100 9.8s for every 9.9 (its actually a little better)

so lets use the 18x multiplier for the 9.8 to 10.0 value

A 9.8 NM98 goes for $350 so a 10.0 by the multiplier would be $6300

Which seems low, and that instinct bores out since a NM1 9.9 is only selling for (on average) 4x the 9.8 price...

by comparison the average NM98 9.9 is selling for almost 12x the 9.8 price ($350 vs $4100)... so the market is definately more interested in high grade NM98s over NM1s.

I think a reasonable market estmitae would be to use the 4x multiplier that was shown in the NM1 10.0 sale (vs 9.9 price) and ballpark the 10.0 NM98 at $16k.

The upside of the 10.0?

No one is every going to have a higher grade one... (unless Fks comes back as OW/W pages... kidding!), so I think people are more willing to break the bank on a guarentee top census (worst that can happen is another 10.0 shows up and hurts SOME of the value, but nothing like an overcopy showing up.

ahem

Nice! :applause:

I have 4 laptops, 5 tablets, 2 desktop PCs, a 4k tv and every video game system ever made (with PS4 and Xbox one reserved) Suggestions for what other over the counter electronics I need?

:jokealert:

But seriously, this sale will bring NM 98 copies out of the woodwork. There will be another one, if you wait long enough.

Personally, I would take whatever you were willing to spend on the NM 98 and buy the highest graded Hulk 1 I could find. Or Daredevil 1, it has the widest growth margin of the mega keys right now.

Out of the woodwork. lol

That forest has been burning strong for years now.

actually nm 98s are still not represented proportionately. www.newmutants98.com

if you look at how many have been submitted its only half the amount of amaz sdrM 300 submitted. the amount of nm 98 copies sold had to be higher than spidy 300 which was also a more expensive cover price. Liefield had gained plenty of attention by issue 98 that people were hoarding multiple copies of that book. As it stands there are at least 3000 copies unsubmitted to reach Amaz SdpdrM 300s submission rate. That being said.....the tree is just getting sunlight

Wow not bad, then my Hulk 181 dub cover 9.8 really is worth what I paid

Joey!!! :hi: