• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC...This is NOT okay.

251 posts in this topic

DId you contact CGC before creating this thread?

Nope. Nor did I have any intention on contacting them first. Whether or not they make it right will be noted in this thread......For something like this to pass QC, CGC can take the thread. People need to know that THIS is what their modern fast-track could be.

It does look like the book is damaged now due to the strange sealing.

I'd call them and speak to a manager. I'm sure they will take care of you.

I imagine, please correct me if I am wrong, but they'll be closed at 7pm right?

Nope. Nor did I have any intention on contacting them first. Whether or not they make it right will be noted in this thread......For something like this to pass QC, CGC can take the thread. People need to know that THIS is what their modern fast-track could be.

It's unrealistic to expect CGC to answer you simply because you started a thread. That's like expecting the wife to read your mind.

You should call them, discuss this and then post both the before and after (outcome).

I agree that it's probably a bad "weld" that didn't hold and the book was bumped during shipping and slipped. Someone would have to be literally blind to weld a book like that.

I do think the QC is very poor for this to get out the door. It's an obvious issue.

That's not an 8.0 and is the reason I stopped subbing books to them. Look under the desk at CGC and find the bottle of Rum and there is your encapsulation bandit.

I don't understand how anybody can tell what that book should grade with just a few poor pics of the front cover.

It's unrealistic to expect CGC to answer you simply because you started a thread. That's like expecting the wife to read your mind.

You should call them, discuss this and then post both the before and after (outcome).

I agree that it's probably a bad "weld" that didn't hold and the book was bumped during shipping and slipped. Someone would have to be literally blind to weld a book like that.

Oh no, I am not expecting CGC to answer from this, I just opened it, was shocked, and wanted to post here that CGC thinks it's okay to ship a book in this condition.

As far as whether or not it moved during shipped, I can shake the book quite a lot and it won't move. It's sealed in that position.

That's not an 8.0 and is the reason I stopped subbing books to them. Look under the desk at CGC and find the bottle of Rum and there is your encapsulation bandit.

I don't understand how anybody can tell what that book should grade with just a few poor pics of the front cover.

Should we trust the owner of the book or the company that shipped that monstrosity back to him?

I'mmmmmm gonna trust the owner of the book.

Oh no, I am not expecting CGC to answer from this, I just opened it, was shocked, and wanted to post here that CGC thinks it's okay to ship a book in this condition.

As far as whether or not it moved during shipped, I can shake the book quite a lot and it won't move. It's sealed in that position.

Looks like CGC has finally come up with a way to control Shaken Comic Syndrome.

Looks like CGC has finally come up with a way to control Shaken Comic Syndrome.

lol