• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC...This is NOT okay.

251 posts in this topic

Could of happened in shipping, They do throw the packages around. I'm sure CGC would be more than willing to fix it rather than throwing a hissy fit over a cheap modern age book. Did you ever make a mistake at work? I thought so.

Let me show you a "hissy".....read the thread. It's not from shipping, the book can not move and is sealed in that position. Next, cheap modern....a 9.6 SS book sold for $169, which isn't exactly bottom of the barrel. Lastly. The grade. It was cracked from a 9.6....is it possible I messed it up while getting it signed? Yes. Is it very likely? No.

Regardless of the grade and who is at fault, the book is ruined....and ruined by CGC.

9.4, I thought you said?

In any event, as someone else already said, it seems far from unlikely that something happened to the book post-cracking and pre-slabbing to crease it and drop the grade. What's the alternative? That CGC damaged it in the course of grading? The 8.0 would have been assigned before the sealing fubar.

I thought he posted 9.4 as well, which whether a 9.4 or 9.6, getting back an 8.0 would be quite the substantial drop in grade.

I would have called CGC first to rectify the situation. I've had a few books come back with missed QA opportunities (EX: inner well brace encased across the front cover). Each time, with photos and level-headed discussions, CGC made things right.

This situation may have come from someone new to the encasement process, which CGC would want to know directly so as to coach this individual why not to encase the book while hanging across the outer case. Never saw that defect before.

I understand the feeling of "it was a mistake" give them a chance, because it works for great message board PR protecting the company, in addition to trying to show how moderate someone is.

Unfortunately if you are in a service industry and your DPMO is as high as shown from threads on this forum, you need to rethink your quality control. I would not be surprised if CGC were operating at a 2 or 3 sigma level with very little control or auditing oversight.

They really need to bring in an outside certified quality expert cause what they have is not working.

DId you contact CGC before creating this thread?

Nope. Nor did I have any intention on contacting them first. Whether or not they make it right will be noted in this thread......For something like this to pass QC, CGC can take the thread. People need to know that THIS is what their modern fast-track could be.

:screwy:

I understand the feeling of "it was a mistake" give them a chance, because it works for great message board PR protecting the company, in addition to trying to show how moderate someone is.

Unfortunately if you are in a service industry and your DPMO is as high as shown from threads on this forum, you need to rethink your quality control. I would not be surprised if CGC were operating at a 2 or 3 sigma level with very little control or auditing oversight.

They really need to bring in an outside certified quality expert cause what they have is not working.

The problem with this is short term it is expensive. The problem with not doing this in the long term it's going to get expensive. Totally agree with you.

Could of happened in shipping, They do throw the packages around. I'm sure CGC would be more than willing to fix it rather than throwing a hissy fit over a cheap modern age book. Did you ever make a mistake at work? I thought so.

Let me show you a "hissy".....read the thread. It's not from shipping, the book can not move and is sealed in that position. Next, cheap modern....a 9.6 SS book sold for $169, which isn't exactly bottom of the barrel. Lastly. The grade. It was cracked from a 9.6....is it possible I messed it up while getting it signed? Yes. Is it very likely? No.

Regardless of the grade and who is at fault, the book is ruined....and ruined by CGC.

9.4, I thought you said?

In any event, as someone else already said, it seems far from unlikely that something happened to the book post-cracking and pre-slabbing to crease it and drop the grade. What's the alternative? That CGC damaged it in the course of grading? The 8.0 would have been assigned before the sealing fubar.

It was a 9.4. Typo on my part. It was 300am, I was lucky to even type english!!

9.4, I thought you said?

It was a 9.4. Typo on my part. It was 300am, I was lucky to even type english!!

Is there a back cover scan?

The notes state a color breaking corner crease on the lower left hand corner of the back cover.

That's the opposite side as the spine where the focus of the discussion has been.

I'd like to see the back cover, and that corner, to see if the grade assigned is correct or incorrect and if we have a grading issue AND a QC issue or just a QC issue.

The notes state a color breaking corner crease on the lower left hand corner of the back cover.

That's the opposite side as the spine where the focus of the discussion has been.

I'd like to see the back cover, and that corner, to see if the grade assigned is correct or incorrect and if we have a grading issue AND a QC issue or just a QC issue.

Worth checking into for sure....probably happened in handling for the sigining though I've seen books damaged unintentionally by the artist all the time.

+1

And - have you called yet?

I just recently bought my first cgc'd comic and now I'm not sure if I would ever even think about submitting a book to them. I feel terrible for the author of this thread. I'd be so pissed.....I would've waited and called Cgc or even showed up in person to give my 2c on what happend with my book.

Man I love Kate Upton!!

So do I.

But damn it's so hard and awkward to be reading the boards at work and scroll past Chris S's signature.

:facepalm:

At work, try reading threads on an Ipad while laying in bed next to the wife! :o

I just barley bought my first cgc'd comic and now I'm not sure if I would ever even think about submitting a book to them.

You paid for a slabbed comic with barley? :o Are there any other grains that can be used as currency? hm