• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC...This is NOT okay.

251 posts in this topic

Grader Notes: Spine Stress Lines

Left Bottom Back Cover Bend Breaks Color

:popcorn:

Ooooh...sounds like an 8.0 to me. (thumbs u

So the book was graded correctly and then off to stabbing where there was a malfunction. A simple call and they would reholder it for you.

read above. Book was a 9.4 before Scott signed it.

I had a giveaway that was at least a 9.2 I dropped it at the top of the stairs. By the time it got to the bottom, it was a 4.0
that sucks.

So the book was graded correctly and then off to stabbing where there was a malfunction. A simple call and they should reholder it for you.

Why do that when you can "shout it from the rooftops" in a CG thread?

How could Greggy have gotten the grader notes so quickly. I think he was making a joke about the grader notes...? Or I'm just dense who knows...

So the book was graded correctly and then off to stabbing where there was a malfunction. A simple call and they should reholder it for you.

How could Greggy have gotten the grader notes so quickly. I think he was making a joke about the grader notes...? Or I'm just dense who knows...

It's call paying for it online.

Maybe he secretly authors the grader's notes? hm

Ok, so it is an 8.0 after grading but they did THIS in encapsulation and now they have sealed the book in the frame of the outer shell. He said it doesn't move. I'm guessing it came out of the inner well like you guys were saying but if it did, it came out before shipping. Looks like it came out during the encapsulation process and QC let it ship out.

Ok, so it is an 8.0 after grading but they did THIS in encapsulation and now they have sealed the book in the frame of the outer shell. He said it doesn't move. I'm guessing it came out of the inner well like you guys were saying but if it did, it came out before shipping. Looks like it came out during the encapsulation process and QC let it ship out.

Wait what? How are you figuring it came out prior to shipping?

And if it is an 8.0 modern it is just about worthless. No offense...

It's call paying for it online.

Took me like 2 days to get graders notes. You must have some hookups!

Wait what? How are you figuring it came out prior to shipping?

And if it is an 8.0 modern it is just about worthless. No offense...

Think about it. If it is sealed in the outer shell and won't move at all that means that the inner well had to give way prior to encapsulation (or it would never have shifted that far over) and that the book had to have shifted to it's current position to where it would be slammed between the two outer shell pieces at the time of encapsulation.

DId you contact CGC before creating this thread?

Nope. Nor did I have any intention on contacting them first. Whether or not they make it right will be noted in this thread......For something like this to pass QC, CGC can take the thread. People need to know that THIS is what their modern fast-track could be.

It's unrealistic to expect CGC to answer you simply because you started a thread. That's like expecting the wife to read your mind.

You should call them, discuss this and then post both the before and after (outcome).

I agree that it's probably a bad "weld" that didn't hold and the book was bumped during shipping and slipped. Someone would have to be literally blind to weld a book like that.

Oh no, I am not expecting CGC to answer from this, I just opened it, was shocked, and wanted to post here that CGC thinks it's okay to ship a book in this condition.

As far as whether or not it moved during shipped, I can shake the book quite a lot and it won't move. It's sealed in that position.

Looks like CGC has finally come up with a way to control Shaken Comic Syndrome.

:golfclap:

That's not an 8.0 and is the reason I stopped subbing books to them. Look under the desk at CGC and find the bottle of Rum and there is your encapsulation bandit.

I don't understand how anybody can tell what that book should grade with just a few poor pics of the front cover.

Should we trust the owner of the book or the company that shipped that monstrosity back to him?

I'mmmmmm gonna trust the owner of the book.

Sensationalism sells news but it doesn't accurately represent what is happening most of the time. How about we trust the facts?

Book was a CGC 9.4 that was cracked out and currently has grading notes that make it sound like an 8.0. Very possible that the book was damaged at some point after it was removed from the 9.4 holder and before it was slabbed as an 8.0. It happens all the time.

At this point we don't know if the book was welded that way or that the book just pushed through a weak weld. Personally, I doubt it was welded that way (it would have to be welded by a blind man and then ALSO pass through QC) but I suppose it is possible.

I think any company that provides a service should be given the opportunity to rectify a problem before a public complaint is made. That's just my own personal 2c

Did they explain why you got an 8.0?

Pay for the grading notes. :idea:

I already did :whee:

You finally did something right.

That's not an 8.0 and is the reason I stopped subbing books to them. Look under the desk at CGC and find the bottle of Rum and there is your encapsulation bandit.

I don't understand how anybody can tell what that book should grade with just a few poor pics of the front cover.

Should we trust the owner of the book or the company that shipped that monstrosity back to him?

I'mmmmmm gonna trust the owner of the book.

Sensationalism sells news but it doesn't accurately represent what is happening most of the time. How about we trust the facts?

Book was a CGC 9.4 that was cracked out and currently has grading notes that make it sound like an 8.0. Very possible that the book was damaged at some point after it was removed from the 9.4 holder and before it was slabbed as an 8.0. It happens all the time.

At this point we don't know if the book was welded that way or that the book just pushed through a weak weld. Personally, I doubt it was welded that way (it would have to be welded by a blind man and then ALSO pass through QC) but I suppose it is possible.

I think any company that provides a service should be given the opportunity to rectify a problem before a public complaint is made. That's just my own personal 2c

I see absolutely no reason why CGC can't address this particular issue right here. Whether the book was welded that way, or the book "pushed through a weak weld"....its a significant problem. (shrug)

At least when Borock was president, he'd jump right in and work to remedy the situation.