• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2005

365 posts in this topic

Yes, I have two surprise out of town guests lined up. One for Friday and Saturday, and one will be around only on Saturday and Sunday.

I also have at least 6 major Toronto and area guests coming in who are not on the guest list but will be coming to the show on Saturday and maybe Sunday. I don't promote appearances by people who are only going to be around for a couple of hours on one day of the weekend as I don't feel it is fair to people who are travelling to see that specific guest.

There will be an announcement about Mr. Ellis' signing times as soon as everything is finalized. His health is a concern, and he will likely be limiting his signing times each day, which will likely require a cap on the number of items per person that can be signed.

All of the other guests will be signing at their tables when they aren't in panels or workshops (or on a break). ACTOR booth signing times will be announced within a week.

I know 2 of them... hi.gif

But it is a secret...

But I still don't know the really big guy who will be there... sorry.gif

I think I know, but no one is talking. Christo_pull_hair.gif

There are specific reasons why they aren't being announced. Those reasons will be made clear eventually.

By the way... revealing a surprise guest's name kind of ruins the whole surprise factor.

Mr. Ellis is walking with a cane at the moment and has to be careful not to cause undue physical stress. That being said, he's giving two talks and has promised to do a signing every day of the con, he just can't sign for a lot of hours at a time.

I thought I would take this time to clarify again, that all other guests will be signing at their tables when they aren't involved in a panel discussion or a workshop.

Specific signing times will only be announced for Mr. Ellis and for the ACTOR booth. We believe in providing as much interaction between guests and fans as possible. Every professional guest has a designated spot in the Artist's Alley, Corporate Area or Guest Area.

The panels have been announced and the participants in those panels are being finalized. Most panels are 55 to 85 minutes. Here's the panel schedule:

FRIDAY APRIL 29

6:00 Speakeasy Comics panel

7:00 What's New at DC 2005

SATURDAY APRIL 30

11:00 Brian Michael Bendis Q&A

12:30 Jerry Robinson Q&A

1:30 Remembering Eisner

2:30 Warren Ellis Q&A

4:30 Shuster Awards

SUNDAY MAY 1

11:00 Writing Comics Roundtable

12:00 Bendis Comics Writing Masterclass

1:30 What's New at Marvel 2005

3:00 Breaking into Comics Roundtable

There are specific reasons why they aren't being announced. Those reasons will be made clear eventually.

By the way... revealing a surprise guest's name kind of ruins the whole surprise factor.

Mr. Ellis is walking with a cane at the moment and has to be careful not to cause undue physical stress. That being said, he's giving two talks and has promised to do a signing every day of the con, he just can't sign for a lot of hours at a time.

Kev,

Will you be giving any hints out as to the surprise guests? You know, for those people who like to get Signature Series books signed? poke2.gif

Kev,

Will you be giving any hints out as to the surprise guests? You know, for those people who like to get Signature Series books signed? poke2.gif

gossip.gif I hear it wil be Liefield and Mcfarlane and Peter Allan David

Kev,

Now see I heard it was going to be Jack Kirby, back from the dead, for this one time only. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kev,

Now see I heard it was going to be Jack Kirby, back from the dead, for this one time only. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That was the secret Boxing match with Stan Lee setup

Surprises are great! Something to look forward to at your show on top of all the amazing guests you already have announced. And for us Signature Series collectors, I'm glad that we're in our own city, so that we're only a couple of bucks of gas away from our books. Well done Kev. thumbsup2.gif

I'll be announcing one guest on Thursday night (next week) online. So that should give you some time to get some books together.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to announce the other until Saturday night (April 30), but you will want to get some books together for this person. And yeah, this secret guest is only signing on Sunday.

I'll be announcing one guest on Thursday night online. So that should give you some time to get some books together.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to announce the other until Saturday night, but you will want to get some books together for this person. And yeah, this secret guest is only signing on Sunday.

I can live with that decision. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll be announcing one guest on Thursday night online. So that should give you some time to get some books together.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to announce the other until Saturday night, but you will want to get some books together for this person. And yeah, this secret guest is only signing on Sunday.

I can live with that decision. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I cant!