• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2005

365 posts in this topic

I think he will be sketching, but I'm sure he will be charging $.

Sketching and charging is better than refusing to sketch. Yes, I'm still peeved.

I don't mind paying for a sketch. Legends are allowed to charge.

What??

Sketching and charging is better than refusing to sketch. Yes, I'm still peeved.

What??

What what? confused-smiley-013.gif

You don't think Jerry Robinson (who did the inks on Batman #1-31, plus other Batman issues) should be considered a Legend?!?

What??

You don't think Jerry Robinson (who did the inks on Batman #1-31, plus other Batman issues) should be considered a Legend?!?

Jerry Robinson can charge whatever he likes and if I were interested, I'd have no problems paying. My "What??" was in response to your reply to me. I still don't understand what you were saying and wanted clarification. To limit the potential back and forths, you stated that if Robinson were sketching, he'd be charging. Based on how dissatisfied I was at the one-day show this weekend where Adam Kubert refused to sketch, I replied to your post sayng that charging for a sketch is better than not sketching at all. I just didn't get your reply after that. So, if you don't mind clarifying.

What??

Jerry Robinson can charge whatever he likes and if I were interested, I'd have no problems paying. My "What??" was in response to your reply to me. I still don't understand what you were saying and wanted clarification. To limit the potential back and forths, you stated that if Robinson were sketching, he'd be charging. Based on how dissatisfied I was at the one-day show this weekend where Adam Kubert refused to sketch, I replied to your post sayng that charging for a sketch is better than not sketching at all. I just didn't get your reply after that. So, if you don't mind clarifying.

OK, 1st off I wasn't aware that you were refering to the CON from yesterday. I was only refering to Jerry Robinson charging for autographs. I didn't know that Adam Kubert wasn't sketching at yesterday's CON. I'm a little surprised as the CON did advertise free sketches (see attached). But then again, the CON did charge $10 to get into its FREE show. confused-smiley-013.gif

I do agree with you that artists should at least charge for sketches to keep the die hard fans happy. I don't know the specifics of yesterday's CON, but I'm sure he had his reasons. Maybe you can PM me and let me know how the rest of the show was, as I did not attend this CON. thumbsup2.gif

795085-ConventionsUpcomingSPECIAL.jpg.6f6c26b4c5c9791e715ab7b2dec76501.jpg

Alex,

The show was amazing! I got a sketch from Sean Chen and Josh Middleton, and there was no charge for them. The sketches werent bad, especially since there was so many people there trying to get the same thing. Adam Kubert said that he doesnt sketch at shows, but he was very polite about it. The line for UDON sketches was too long, so i didnt want to wait.

The problem i had with the show was that it was too packed not as much as the big show in the summer, but almost. But show was way bigger than i expected and there was some amazing deals there. The other problem is that I spent all my money there. I need to find some more money for this weekend's show. Does anyone know if this weekend's show takes credit cards at the door?

The $10 thing at the door was no biggie. I forgot my coupon at home, so I had to pay the $10, but I got that money back anyways because the show was giving $10 cards to be spent at any dealers in the show, so in essence, it was free.

The Batman movie people were there giving out tons of freebies including this amazing Batman Begins posters, but I got there too late. Apparently they ran out in the first 10 minutes. The guy at the booth said they are trying to get more for the paradise show, but cant guaranty it. They were not expecting the crowd he said.

Overall, i thought it was a wicked show and i had alot of fun. I hoping this weekend will be good if not better. It should be better since my man ellis is going to be there. Does anyone know what time ellis is signing at?

Steve

I wish you fellas would move the Hobbystar talk to the proper threads.

Ellis' leg is bothering him so here are the times he's requested for signing:

Friday 5-6

Saturday 5-6:30

Sunday 12-1

He's suggesting that if he feels okay and if the lines are long he'll stick it out longer.

893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifGREAT DEALER LIST FOR PCTC 2005

3RD QUADRANT COMICS (CAN)

4EVERCOMIX (CAN)

AD ASTRA (CAN) www.ad-astra.org

ADAMO MASTANDREA (CAN)

ANOTHER DREAM (CAN)

BEGUILING, THE (CAN) www.beguiling.com/

BIG B COMICS (CAN) www.bigbcomics.com

BLUE BEETLE COMICS (CAN)

BOB KOPMAN (CAN)

CHILDHOOD TREASURES (US)

COMIC BOOK ADDICTION (CAN) www.comicbookaddiction.com

COMIC BOOK MOVIE STORE (CAN) www.efavata.com/TCBMS/

COMIC & CARD TRADER (CAN)

COMICS & MORE (CAN) www.comicsnmore.com

COMIC CONNECTION (CAN)

CYBER-CITY COMICS (CAN)

DOUG MOMENHOFF (CAN)

DRAGON, THE (CAN) www.thedragonweb.com

DRAGON LADY COMICS (CAN) www.dragonladyshop.com

HAIRY TARANTULA (CAN) www.hairyt.com/

HARLEY YEE RARE COMICS (US) www.harleyyeecomics.com

HERITAGE COMICS (US) www.heritagecomics.com

HIGH GRADE COMICS (US) www.highgradecomics.com

KEVTHEMEV (CAN)

KOOP'S COMICS (US) www.koopscomics.com

LABYRINTH, THE (CAN)

MANNY'S COMICS & COLLECTIBLES (CAN)

MTC TOYS (CAN)

MYTHS, LEGENDS & HEROES (CAN) www.mythslegendsandheroes.com

OSCAR YAZEDJIAN (CAN)

PARADISE COMICS (CAN) www.paradisecomics.com

PETER FISICO (CAN)

PRENEY PRINT & LITHO (CAN) www.preneyprint.com

REGGIES REGISTERED (CAN)

SCOTT WYLIE (CAN)

SHOCKWAVE COMIC BOOKS (CAN)

SILVER SNAIL COMICS (CAN) www.silversnail.com

STEVEN RITTER (US)

SUPERWORLD COMICS (US) www.superworldcomics.com

TORONTO TREK (CAN) www.tcon.icomm.ca/tt19/

Steve, you must have lined up for a hefty amount of time to get sketches from both Sean Chen and Josh Middleton. While waiting for Adam Kubert, I was just watching the lines for both build and build. Having travelled to quite a number of cons, I can tell you without a doubt that Adam Kubert DOES sketch at shows. I have a friend with an amazing Wolverine sketch I could show you that Kubert did for him this year in Seattle. In fact, Kubert did more than one sketch for him at that particular show. For me, I was just a little put off because the advertising said "free sketches", not that I would have had any problem paying. I'd be only too happy to.

Anyway, the reason I'm replying to your post is because I hate to see a fellow hobbyist not make it to a comicon especially when both Warren Ellis and Brian Michael Bendis are scheduled for Q&A sessions. Think I read in one of your previous posts that you're a big Ellis fan right? Well, so am I, so I'd be willing to pick up the tab on your admission. Just PM me and we'll work out the details. The last thing I need is everyone and their mother claiming to be "imyoursoulmate".