• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2005

365 posts in this topic

ACTOR ANNOUNCES PC TORONTO COMICON BOOTH SCHEDULE

Press Release

PARADISE COMICS

TORONTO COMICON

April 29-May 1, 2005

FRI., April 29 (Con Hours 4-9)

500-730 PM: Kaare Andrews: 5-7:30

SAT., April 30 (Con Hours 10-7)

Adi Granov: 10:30-12:30

Vatche Mavlian: 1-3

James Raiz: 3:30-5:30

SUN, May 1 (Con Hours 10-5)

Bill Willingham: 12:30-2:30

http://www.torontocomicon.com/

bad signal

WARREN ELLIS

Okay, here's the schedule so far:

Thursday 28th, I'm doing a talk in

the evening for the Beguiling comics

store. It's going to be rambling and

probably fairly brief, a sort of quick

tour of the connection between

writing and messing your brain up,

and I'll probably take questions

afterwards. I won't be signing, as I

feel that's the purview of the

convention that's paid lots of money

to fly me over.

The con is 29/30/1, and I'll be signing

for about an hour each day (see schedule below - Kevin)

The signings could run longer, depending

on the crowd and how much [#@$%!!!]

my leg is giving me.

Saturday, I'm doing a two-hour

Q&A session, from 2.30pm.

I take questions from the audience

and make up [#@$%!!!] and tell the same

jokes I tell everywhere else.

Press: if you want interviews, get

in touch. I'll probably be conducting

them in my hotel suite. All articles

should feature a mention of the

Toronto Comicon. That's really the

only condition. They brought me

here, they should get a plug. I may

have to keep the interviews fairly

short, depending on how out of my

mind on painkillers I am. Websites,

fanzines, magazines, papers -- I'll

talk to anyone, I consider it part

of my job for the convention.

Bringing Red Bull would be nice.

If you see a tall girl wearing a badge

reading "Filthy Assistant," that'll be

Katie West, who's helping me get

around. The badge was her idea.

As previously stated, I'll be the

insufficiently_thoughtful_person with no hair lurching around on

a walking stick.

I think that's it...

-- W

------------------------

Signing schedule for Warren:

Friday: 5-6

Saturday: 5-6/6:30

Sunday: 12-1

As Warren stated, he might be willing to sign longer depending on how his leg is and how long the lines are.

This means we'll probably have to set signing limits for each session (3-5 items per person) so that most people can get their books signed - both Warren and I understand that some people will be disappointed by that, but we're trying to notify people in advance.

Kevin

Just received word from the Marketing/Publicity department for Paramount Pictures Canada.

They will be sending a quantity of merchandise/posters for "War of the Worlds" and "Aeon Flux" to be given out at the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon!

Also, they will be showing a special exclusive "War of the Worlds" promo featurette and trailer! "War of the Worlds" is the upcoming summer blockbuster starring Tom Cruise and is directed by Steven Spielberg.

Paramount will be joining Warner Bros. Canada and Dreamworks Canada, who will also be handing out promotional items and previewing upcoming releases.

I'll be announcing one guest on Thursday night (next week) online. So that should give you some time to get some books together.

news.gif

Because I don't know if I'm going to be able to post tonight I'm going to jump the gun and announce the first secret guest online right now. Looks like the third time WILL be the charm for:

BILL SIENKIEWICZ

Honoured illustrator, Elektra: Assasin, Daredevil: Love and War, The New Mutants, Jimi Hendrix illustrated biography, Big Numbers, and much more that I can't remember at five minutes to 8:00 in the morning.

Mr. Sienkiewicz will be at the convention Friday and Saturday only.

The Evening with Warren Ellis was a HUGE success! Kudos to Chris Butcher at the Beguiling for putting together a great evening with such a fantastic turnout. Got my Absolute editions signed so I'm set... two less hardcover books to lug downtown.

Many of the guests have arrived. Like Ellis, Bendis, Jerry Robinson, Bill Willingham, Kaare Andrews and Ian Boothby. People are stoked....

Just saw Harshen and Scott from CGC and Lon from Heritage! I hear Vincent Zurzulo is here as well.

Onwards and upwards!

Kev

Yes, I got money to go this weekend, not much, but enough to get me thru the door. yeah!!! Mitol, thanks for the offer. It is nice to know that there are some good peeps out there. I was hoping for a bigger name than Bill. That was kind of a let down. BUT ELLIS IS THERE! Kev, good luck and thanks for being helpful.

See you boys and maybe gals at the show on Sat. I will be in the Ellis line!

steve

I'm off to the show. I'll post a report if I have time tonight.

Alex

Dont forget to make sure my books signed..

Im holding you personally responsible

So who is this top secret guest for sunday supposed to be...

I thought there was going to be an anouncement tonight?

STRACZYNSKI

He was at the CGC booth signing books for the Signature Series...and I almost yelled out: " WAY TO VIOLATE GWEN!!!!! mad.gif

I didn't. angel.gif

I found nice copies of Emergency 1 & 2 at Harley's booth, but the 1 was priced at $70. I asked if there was any discount off the sticker price( being at a con and all), and he then informed me that the $70 is in US funds...and I would have to add 25%.

I then inquired as to why the #1 was priced that high....and his answer:

" Because it's NM "

The book was miswrapped to begin with, so I didn't bother to go the next step and ask him to remove the book from the mylar. I was going to check out Harley's grading....but just couldn't be bothered.

Although I considered it....I didn't ask him about the FF #1. angel.gif

Before I left...Doug forced me into a discussion about PRESSING at the CGC booth. gossip.gif

STRACZYNSKI

He was at the CGC booth signing books for the Signature Series...and I almost yelled out: " WAY TO VIOLATE GWEN!!!!! mad.gif

I didn't. angel.gif

I found nice copies of Emergency 1 & 2 at Harley's booth, but the 1 was priced at $70. I asked if there was any discount off the sticker price( being at a con and all), and he then informed me that the $70 is in US funds...and I would have to add 25%.

" Because it's NM "

The book was miswrapped to begin with, so I didn't bother to go the next step and ask him to remove the book from the mylar. I was going to check out Harley's grading....but just couldn't be bothered.

Before I left...Doug forced me into a discussion about PRESSING at the CGC booth. gossip.gif

Coming back for more abuse tomorrow???

I'm really zonked. Didn't even make it to the after show party.

Got some awesome sketches though that I will post later once I have scanned.

Apparently there is still a surprise of some sort for Sunday, but no one is talking. yeahok.gif

Got a good deal on some TPB's. Got the 2 Maus books, and an Ant collection. I'm mostly a signature guy so I don't have a whole lot to tell you about what the dealers were selling.

I'll post tomorrow night (hopefully) and show the sketches.

Alex

STRACZYNSKI

I didn't. angel.gif

" Because it's NM "

tonofbricks.gif

Tell him you want it cleaned and pressed like the FF 1 for that kinda money!

crazy.gif

STRACZYNSKI

I didn't. angel.gif

" Because it's NM "

Strazynski was saturdays guest but who was suprise for sunday or did it fall through

Straczynksi flew in to surprise Samm Barnes and support her at the Shuster Awards, but he decided to do so on Friday instead of Saturday, which meant that he was free to participate in a signing on Saturday instead of Sunday, however he was at the convention today, and he participated in a writing workshop this morning and signed for a while before he had to go to the airport.

And yes, he was the surprise guest that I was referring to earlier.