• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2005

365 posts in this topic

What about me? Will you pay my way too? poke2.gif

What about you? Trade a 3-day pass for some high-grade Byrne SS books? Or, I would be willing to accept high-grade Byrne SS books to let you have the bed at San Diego and elevate you from sleeping on the floor or in the bath tub. devil.gif

What about you? Trade a 3-day pass for some high-grade Byrne SS books? Or, I would be willing to accept high-grade Byrne SS books to let you have the bed at San Diego and elevate you from sleeping on the floor or in the bath tub. devil.gif

Don't tell me that you are going to bring Chris along to SD! foreheadslap.gif

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!! 27_laughing.gif

Hope the books arrive on Friday! 27_laughing.gif

I hope they get here before Friday. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You sent them surface mail, didn't you?

I hope they get here before Friday. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You sent them surface mail, didn't you?

yay.gif

Don't tell me that you are going to bring Chris along to SD!

I'll bring Chris. You bring Alex. Then you two can yay.gifyay.gif in your room.

Hunter pays his own way! You going to bring the routerboy clown again? screwy.gif

Hunter pays his own way! You going to bring the routerboy clown again? screwy.gif

So you coming then Alex???

Think routerboy's joining us this year. Looks like Joe as well and maybe Beyonder himself.

So you coming then Alex???

Think routerboy's joining us this year. Looks like Joe as well and maybe Beyonder himself.

Why is Renault good this year? confused-smiley-013.gifsign-offtopic.gif

Why is Renault good this year?

They just had a quicker car coming out of the gate. Ferrari wasn't ready. New rules this year including an engine that must last two races and tires that must last an entire race including qualifying. Came down to tires most of all. Bridgestone's test data came solely from Ferrari while Michelin's came from Renault, McLaren, Williams, BAR, etc.

They just had a quicker car coming out of the gate. Ferrari wasn't ready. New rules this year including an engine that must last two races and tires that must last an entire race including qualifying. Came down to tires most of all. Bridgestone's test data came solely from Ferrari while Michelin's came from Renault, McLaren, Williams, BAR, etc.

So...if it starts raining...you can't change the tires? confused-smiley-013.gif

That, you can do and change back if it stops raining. What you can't do is change to brand new tires after it's stopped raining. Got to go back to the old ones. But let's say you locked your brakes and created a flat spot on one of your tires. The only way you'll be permitted to change the tire without earning a penalty is if you swap it with a tire that has had similar wear. Kooky rules. screwy.gif

That, you can do and change back if it stops raining. What you can't do is change to brand new tires after it's stopped raining. Got to go back to the old ones. But let's say you locked your brakes and created a flat spot on one of your tires. The only way you'll be permitted to change the tire without earning a penalty is if you swap it with a tire that has had similar wear. Kooky rules. screwy.gif

What was the reasoning? Was it supposed to make it more competitive? confused-smiley-013.gif

sounds like they are going anti Ferrari to try and help others play catch up.

What was the reasoning? Was it supposed to make it more competitive? confused-smiley-013.gif

Main reason is to save money used on testing which only 3 or 4 teams have the resources to fund, thereby allowing the mid-tier teams to become more competitive. As for being anti-Ferrari, the FIA are so pro-Ferrari, it isn't even funny. But, they've been forced to realize that Michael Schumacher et al have dominated for 5 straight years and even the most loyal F1 fan gets bored seeing the same red car rocket out of site almost every race, for 5 straight years. To add a little food for thought, Ferrari's operating budget in 2003 was $444 million while the poorest team in F1, Minardi's, was $40 million. Pretty tough to compete against a team when your budget's less than 10% of theirs.

Apologies to Kev for inadvertently stealing his thread.

No worries Mitol, it was fun to follow along. Here's the latest press release:

2005 Edition of the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon this weekend!

The 3rd Annual Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon arrives this weekend (April 29-May 1) at the National Trade Centre at Exhibition Place in beautiful Toronto, Canada. Show hours are Friday 4-9, Saturday 10-7 and Sunday 10-5. Cost of admission is 1-day/$15, 3-day/$32 with special discount rates for students, youths. Children 9 and under get in free! (Prices in Canadian dollars).

Special Guests include:

Brian Michael Bendis (House of M, Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man, The Pulse, Secret War, Powers), Warren Ellis (Ultimate Galactus, Ultimate FF, Iron Man, Planetary), Bill Willingham (Fables, Robin, Day of Vengeance), Dale Keown (Darkness), David Mack (Kabuki), Adi Granov (Iron Man), Ty Templeton (Spider-Man/Human Torch), Phil Jimenez (Otherworld, DC Countdown), Alvin Lee (Street Fighter, Darkstalkers), Tom Grummett (New Thunderbolts), Kaare Andrews (Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus), Francis Manapul (Witchblade), Dave Sim (Cerebus), Jerry Robinson (Detective Comics), Samm Barnes (Doctor Spectrum), B. Clay Moore (Battle Hymn), Tom Fowler (Green Arrow), Ian Boothby (Simpsons), Dave Ross (Breakdown), J. Torres (Teen Titans Go!) and over 150 more comics creators and over a dozen publishers.

Plus! A top secret comics and media superstar will be doing a signing on Sunday May 1st! (and as you CGC forumites know there will also be on additional secret superstar artist joining us for Friday and Saturday that I will be announcing on Thursday).

Plus! Special appearances by Jason Carter (Babylon 5) and Anita La Selva (Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict.

Plus! Exclusive comics include The Grimoire #2 from Speakeasy Comics, Darkstalkers #5 from UDON Entertainment, Darkness #19 and Witchblade #84 from Top Cow Comics.

Plus! Events include panels and creator workshops with creators like Phil Jimenez and Darwyn Cooke.

Plus! Huge dealer room! 55,000 square feet devoted to comics and their creators! Charity auctions! Charity signings! CBLDF Sketch Duel!

Plus! On Saturday April 30 at 4:30 pm there will the presentation of the 1st ever Joe Shuster Canadian Comic Book Creator awards with hosts Rob Salem and Rick Green. The Shusters for 2005 include five categories that were decided by public vote (artist, writer, cartoonist, publisher and achievement) as well as 6 Canadian Comic Book Creator Hall of Fame awards and a Retailer Recognition award.

For more information visit: www.torontocomicon.com

TOP COW STAMPEDES TO PARADISE TORONTO COMICON

Top Cow Productions will be attending the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon April 29 - May 1. Top Cow guests include artists Dale Keown (The Darkness, Pitt, Hulk) and Francis Manapul (Witchblade, Necromancer) who will be signing and sketching at the Top Cow booth. Convention exclusives include Witchblade #84 with a cover by Francis Manapul, and The Darkness #19 with a cover by Dale Keown, both limited to 500 numbered copies.

"Peter Dixon and the Paradise crew are the finest of all possible folks," says Top Cow Editor-in-Chief Jim McLauchlin. "They put on a great convention that I look forward to going to each year, and it's right in the back yard of our Canadian brethren, Francis Manapul and Dale Keown."

The convention signing schedule will be as follows:

FRI (convention hours 4-9)

Francis+Dale: 5:30-7:30

SAT (convention hours 10-7)

Francis+Dale: 11-Noon

Francis+Dale: 2-4

SUN (convention hours 10-5)

Francis+Dale: 11:30-2:00

For more information on the Paradise Comics Toronto Convention, please visit www.topcow.com or www.torontocomicon.com .

Top Cow was founded in December of 1992 and currently publishes its line of comic books in 21 languages in over 55 different countries. The company has launched 20 franchises (18 original and 2 licensed) in the industry's Top 10, seven at #1, a feat accomplished by no other publisher in the last two decades. Its flagship franchise Witchblade was TNT's #1 original film of 2000. Virtually all of Top Cow's other properties are in development as feature films, live action television or animation. Top Cow has also successfully licensed and merchandised its franchises into toys, statues, clothing, lithographs, puppets, posters, magnets, shot glasses, lighters, lunch pails, wall scrolls, mouse pads, die cast cars, calendars, Christmas ornaments, Halloween masks, trading cards, standees, video games and role playing games.