• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 August 1 - 2 Heritage Comics Signature Auction

274 posts in this topic

$1,300 for the Travis.... has the Charest market gone the way of the Cho market?

The unpubbed items from him I've seen that have gone for nice numbers are either mainstream characters, or full color, or both. lol Sometimes a more detailed larger figures would go for more, but I can see this thing ending for what it did.

boy that kirby western splash is sweet. Bad time for me to buying stuff otherwise that's one I would like.

I've always contended that some of Kirby's best work was on his westerns.

$286K for the Vampirella painting.

2c

Just my opinion, but I think that is a :screwy: price. How much did Burkey list it at on his website earlier this year?* Half that? It definitely had a "$100K" handle on it, not $200K. In any case, it's definitely a head scratcher to me - nobody I spoke to before the sale, including a couple of Frazetta owners and someone actively seeking a Frazetta oil, seemed to think very highly of this one.

All I can do is offer a warm congrats - to the seller. :applause: He must be doing back flips right about now. :banana:

* It was on Burkey's site briefly; not sure if he bought it/got it in trade from the Boardie who owns/owned it, or if it was just temporarily on consignment with him.

boy that kirby western splash is sweet. Bad time for me to buying stuff otherwise that's one I would like.

I've always contended that some of Kirby's best work was on his westerns.

the westerns and the monsters IMO. In that period he was at his peak and not yet dragged down by having do 14 titles a month.

$286K for the Vampirella painting.

2c

Just my opinion, but I think that is a :screwy: price. How much did Burkey list it at on his website earlier this year?* Half that? It definitely had a "$100K" handle on it, not $200K. In any case, it's definitely a head scratcher to me - nobody I spoke to before the sale, including a couple of Frazetta owners and someone actively seeking a Frazetta oil, seemed to think very highly of this one.

All I can do is offer a warm congrats - to the seller. :applause: He must be doing back flips right about now. :banana:

* It was on Burkey's site briefly; not sure if he bought it/got it in trade from the Boardie who owns/owned it, or if it was just temporarily on consignment with him.

HOpefully Mr. F. will speak up on it. Big congrats to him! :banana:

In any case, it's definitely a head scratcher to me - nobody I spoke to before the sale, including a couple of Frazetta owners and someone actively seeking a Frazetta oil, seemed to think very highly of this one.

I don't disagree, but I do like it a lot better than that book cover at 260k that was mentioned earlier.

In any case, it's definitely a head scratcher to me - nobody I spoke to before the sale, including a couple of Frazetta owners and someone actively seeking a Frazetta oil, seemed to think very highly of this one.

I don't disagree, but I do like it a lot better than that book cover at 260k that was mentioned earlier.

Yeah, I didn't like that one either. I was shocked when it sold for that much, though, not as shocked as I am by this Vampi #5 result.

Assuming Mr. F still owns the Vampi #5 [insert Arrested Development "MR. F" soundbite here], I am very happy for him. Someday I'd like to be on the receiving end of one of these absurd OA windfalls. lol:wishluck:

The last of my "watch bids" was just outbid, so I'm walking away empty-handed from this sale. Definitely for the best considering how much I spent in San Diego the other week (with one more nice piece still on its way). :eek: