• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 August 1 - 2 Heritage Comics Signature Auction

274 posts in this topic

Looks like the Minsky's movie painting was withdrawn. Anybody know why?

I was told that the owner believes it's a $250K item. The rest is purely my conjecture - I am guessing that, based on the tepid pre-live auction bidding activity, the owner was afraid that it would either (a) sell for much less than he thought it was worth or (b) fail to even meet the $110K (plus BP) reserve and risk tainting the piece for a long time. Just my (educated) guesses. 2c

So what happens in this instance with the consignor pulling a reserved item out of the auction?

Does he have to pay Heritage the commission based on the reserve price to get his artwork back? In this around $20K in this case, right? (shrug)

Even paying the commission as a penalty, I didn't think it was an option to pull a consignment from an auction.

Everything is negotiable, it all depends on the circumstances.

ah, I see escape on venus. what's the fourth?

"The Solar Invasion" (book cover)

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7066&lotNo=93221

(all $100K sales I know about are in the link from my previous message)

wow I totally missed that one and I'm surprised it went that high! Nice result.

I like today's auctioneer on heritage.... good vibe about her.

JLA 14 went cheap at $44,812.50

is that cheap? I don't know that I would have expected much more but this is not my area

I would expect a dealer to put that on a website for $65K, after all it is a twice up silver age cover

kinda liked the mcfarlane wizard 1 at 31k or so

without the Wizard hat its a no brainer, but all those covers with the Wizard hat (Ghost Rider, etc) really bugs me and I think it detracts from the piece.

Malvin

I love that cover.

Is the hat the reason the McFarlane Wizard cover (to issue #1 no less) sold for less than the Alex Ross cover?

you have the ask the winner and underbidder of the McFarlane Wizard cover (and maybe of the Alex Ross cover) that question!

Malvin