• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,264 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2021 at 11:25 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

It took a long time to find this one.

A1AFE7BB-9E40-4768-8F00-079E385CB5C4.jpeg

Congrats on such a nice looking copy. I remember getting one many years ago. I thought the price was a little aggressive but the dealers convinced me it was a tough one and I wouldn’t be sorry. He was right. 

On 12/30/2021 at 11:40 AM, Robot Man said:

Congrats on such a nice looking copy. I remember getting one many years ago. I thought the price was a little aggressive but the dealers convinced me it was a tough one and I wouldn’t be sorry. He was right. 

Thank you.  Yeah, it was a bit of a “beggars can’t be choosers” situation.  Although I think it’s a very nice copy, I put my money where my mouth is.  Sometimes you have to do that to get the fun comics you want.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:56 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks for the tip. I will have to pull it out and reread it again. Here is my copy. Picked out of the $2.00 boxes at Cherokee Books in the late 1960's. @Tri-ColorBrian. I got lots of my PCH there back in the day. 

commysteriousadvs12.jpg

You was smarter than me...hm

On 12/30/2021 at 5:56 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks for the tip. I will have to pull it out and reread it again. Here is my copy. Picked out of the $2.00 boxes at Cherokee Books in the late 1960's. @Tri-ColorBrian. I got lots of my PCH there back in the day. 

commysteriousadvs12.jpg

I bought an Action 3 at Cherokee Books in the 60's for full retail. $25.00. Around a vg/fine. Traded it for a bunch of stupid books to an older, savvier collector who hounded me day and night to get it.

On 12/31/2021 at 2:10 AM, The Black Hand ® said:

Traded it for a bunch of stupid books to an older, savvier collector who hounded me day and night to get it.

That should have been your first clue. :frown:

On 12/30/2021 at 6:25 PM, G-G © ® ™ said:

That should have been your first clue. :frown:

What can I say. I'm a dummy. Oddly enough, one of the books I got in the trade and later sold, I required 20 years ago. A pep 34. It was a fluke getting it back, so it's been a keeper.