• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2023 at 10:06 AM, johnenock said:

One more added to the Quality pile:

Ken Shannon 3.jpg

Great colors/inks on that puppy! I've seen a number of copies where it looks like the inks in the center ran really low on press. (Presumably the press guy waved them through saying "eh, good enough for Quality.")

On 11/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, Point Five said:

Great colors/inks on that puppy! I've seen a number of copies where it looks like the inks in the center ran really low on press. (Presumably the press guy waved them through saying "eh, good enough for Quality.")

Yeah, this is one of the better ones I have owned. I also feel like Quality used thinner paper or something because a lot of books I own and have owned have a flakiness on the stapled edge. Probably just not buying high enough grades.

On 11/9/2023 at 2:35 PM, johnenock said:

Yeah, this is one of the better ones I have owned. I also feel like Quality used thinner paper or something because a lot of books I own and have owned have a flakiness on the stapled edge. Probably just not buying high enough grades.

Side note: I have been watching this book on eBay for awhile at an absurd price, but kudos to the seller, I offered GPA and they accepted. An eBay win^^

On 11/9/2023 at 9:39 PM, johnenock said:

Side note: I have been watching this book on eBay for awhile at an absurd price, but kudos to the seller, I offered GPA and they accepted. An eBay win^^

Sometimes...ebay doesn't suck.

On 11/9/2023 at 11:33 PM, buttock said:

That era for Quality, like many other publishers, was just awful.  It has taken me decades to find some of the Blackhawks in the 50s in decent shape.  This book, for example, top census is 6.0.  

plastic man 38.jpg

I love that they thought there was absolutely a need for a belt on that ghost-zombie. :D

On 11/10/2023 at 11:28 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

New arrival. :cloud9:

Very excited about this upgrade to my VG+ raw copy. :)

Crime_and_Justice_12_front(2).jpg

Weird little (and definitely overlooked) series, which I have most of, including a VG+ copy of #12. Apart from #20, none of my run are above FN+ - you rarely see any of them in high grade.

Fantastic copy, and white pages to boot. :headbang:

On 11/10/2023 at 1:30 AM, Telegan said:

I love that they thought there was absolutely a need for a belt on that ghost-zombie. :D

As Comcav once told me, these covers would be so much better if they got rid of Woozy!

Edited by johnenock