• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

My 3rd copy... damn I love this book! :cloud9:

CrimeSuspenStories_022_c.jpg

My first but I love it just as much! (thumbs u :applause:

CrimeSuspenStories22cropped.jpg

Paid a pretty good guide multiple for mine, but if any book is worth it, this one is!

crimesuspen22.jpg

:applause: C'mon everybody, join the CSS 22 train! Post 'em if ya got 'em! :headbang:

You guys are a bunch of sickos! What deranged person gets pleasure out of seeing a guy chop off a woman's head???

(here's my copy :shy:)

crime22.jpg

I've been looking for one, but the only copy I've seen lately is a "VG-" on eBay that has poor eye appeal, and is kinda pricey for the condition.

crime22.jpg

I've been looking for one, but the only copy I've seen lately is a "VG-" on eBay that has poor eye appeal, and is kinda pricey for the condition.

that copy looks great for a 3.0!

crime22.jpg

that copy looks great for a 3.0!

I want one too!

:cloud9:

Well its good news and bad news time!

Good news is I recieved a book I've wanted for some time now, a nice HG copy of Underworld #3.

Bad news is that I just returned it after discovering multiple color touches and back cover tape pulls... :sorry:

UnderworldCrime3.jpg

My loss is your gain though as I did pause long enough before returning it to take pics of IMO one of the most violent pre-code crime stories I have ever come across, "The Widow of Death"!

Want to read a story packed with so much violence that the tamest page has a burning house and an off panel arsenic murder? Then read on and enjoy...

WidowOfDeath01.jpg

WidowOfDeath02.jpg

WidowOfDeath03.jpg

WidowOfDeath04.jpg

WidowOfDeath05.jpg

WidowOfDeath06.jpg

WidowOfDeath07.jpg

WidowOfDeath08.jpg

That's it, body count anybody?

If anyone is interested, Belle Guiness was a real person...

Link

It was funny until you posted this :sick:

Glad to finally read the whole story. Someone had posted the hatchet to the child panel. Methinks Belle had plenty of practice before that fateful blow. :o

Jay and I have been discussing this book for the past week and I know how upset he is that it has the numerous CT's. The book presents like a vf copy until you see all of the amateur resto, which makes your heart sink.

I greatly appreciate him posting this story as I begged him repeatedly to do so.

It is almost too much to look at though, as the murder of the child is beyond horrific. It is really hard to fathom what the publisher was thinking when they gave the go ahead to print this back in the late 40's. Maybe Wertham had a point on some of these pre-code stories.

Am I a bad person because I love them? :devil:

Scott

Jay and I have been discussing this book for the past week and I know how upset he is that it has the numerous CT's. The book presents like a vf copy until you see all of the amateur resto, which makes your heart sink.

I greatly appreciate him posting this story as I begged him repeatedly to do so.

It is almost too much to look at though, as the murder of the child is beyond horrific. It is really hard to fathom what the publisher was thinking when they gave the go ahead to print this back in the late 40's. Maybe Wertham had a point on some of these pre-code stories.

Scott

No.

You're still a bad person, just not because of that. :kidaround:

Scott

No.

You're still a bad person, just not because of that. :kidaround:

I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas?? Wait....I've never been to Vegas......I'm totally screwed then. lol