• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! I really like Mystic #21 too, and I think a lot to do with that is it's mystique since it was not in Gerber. There are a few other Knock out everett's like Mystery Tales #11 that weren't shown, and I find myself really drawn to them. Could be it's just a great cover too, even though the welcome mat is on the inside of the door. ???

We really ought to start an Everett thread! Anyone have a copy of Mystery Tales #11 to show? Or for that matter, any other "unseen" Everett?

Beat but complete! (thumbs u

MysteryTales11.jpg

Haven't been on the boards to often of late but here are some recent and not-so-recent purchases!

I'v been wanting a copy of this book for a while now, finally tracted down an affordable copy. The interiors are as nice as the cover too!

Astonishing4.jpg

A very cool and underated Everett cover IMHO...(the Atlas Tales website credits Everett but I'm not so sure, any opinions?)

Suspense28.jpg

A sweet horrific Maneely cover!

AdventuresIntoWeirdWorlds29.jpg

I love this one for that weird bat-skeleton thingy! :cloud9:

MarvelTales110.jpg

..."Oh what a feeelin',......horror on the ceiling!"....

ThisMagazineIsHaunted15.jpg

Nice books Jayman!

Those are some beauties. I agree about that Astonishing cover, though that book does seem to fetch a good amount every time I've seen it up sale.

I think my favorite cover of this batch is the Suspense. Something about the creature's expression and its bone white arms. Creepy. Let us know how the story "Two Hands" is won't you?

Definitely Everett! :applause:

A very cool and underated Everett cover IMHO...(the Atlas Tales website credits Everett but I'm not so sure, any opinions?

Suspense28.jpg

Definitely Everett! :applause:

Thanks! I wasn't sure as the white hands and arms look trademark Everett but that face on the bust in the background threw me a bit and thought it might have been a colaboration of two artists.

Here are some recent pickups I made.

Who Is Next dated 1952 with Toth, Andru and Sekowsky art.

WHO IS NEXT

Crime Mysteries 2 with a A.C. Hollingsworth cover

CRIME MYST 2

Two tough books.

Sold a copy of Who Is Next a few years ago. Fantastic book!!