• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,228 posts in this topic

This is not a recent purchase, but I just posted this in another thread so what the hey. This is my single favorite pre-code book in my collection. In fact, it's my favorite comic ever. It's probably the reason I still collect comics at all. As a kid I had a reprint edition of this book, and read it until the staples popped and it was the most dogeared thing you'd ever seen. This is also one book in which a I went through a long chain of upgrades to finally nab this beauty. It was fun questing for this one!

659390-talesfromthecrypt%2333.jpg

That's an awesome book!

This is not a recent purchase, but I just posted this in another thread so what the hey. This is my single favorite pre-code book in my collection. In fact, it's my favorite comic ever. It's probably the reason I still collect comics at all. As a kid I had a reprint edition of this book, and read it until the staples popped and it was the most dogeared thing you'd ever seen. This is also one book in which a I went through a long chain of upgrades to finally nab this beauty. It was fun questing for this one!

659390-talesfromthecrypt%2333.jpg

That's an awesome book!

Beautiful Jack Davis cover! hail.gif

I WANT ONE!!!

Well I been buying a lot of BA Horror but today hit Brain's LCS with him and just got a real pre-code high. So added four to my collection.

Here's the first. I iwsh it would scan better because in person it is MUCH nicer. Really dripping inks and amazing gloss with ow-w pages to boot.

weirdterr9.jpg

Well I been buying a lot of BA Horror but today hit Brain's LCS with him and just got a real pre-code high. So added four to my collection.

Here's the first. I iwsh it would scan better because in person it is MUCH nicer. Really dripping inks and amazing gloss with ow-w pages to boot.

weirdterr9.jpg

Ghastly book Pov... thumbsup2.gif

I think that's the first time I've seen Don Heck doing a horror cover...was he prevelant in the horror genre???...I remember him mainly from his work on the Avengers ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think that's the first time I've seen Don Heck doing a horror cover...was he prevelant in the horror genre???...I remember him mainly from his work on the Avengers ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don Heck was the MAN at Comic Media.....awesome pre-code horror work!

Weird Terror.... Horrific..... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Don Heck was the MAN at Comic Media.....awesome pre-code horror work!

Weird Terror.... Horrific..... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yep, some of his best work was horror during the 50's! thumbsup2.gif

I'd be happy with any of those four books. Apart from the Weird Terror, they all look in HG. What grades did you give each of them?

Haven't really assigned them grades yet. The last three I would put in the VF range with the EC hitting a 9.0. Main prob with the EC is the top right corner crease. Aside from that it literally looks like one of the EC reprints. All of them have just gorgeous page quality - amoung the best I've seen in pre-code horror - and incredibly rich inks and cover gloss.

weirdterr9.jpg

cloud9.gif