• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,239 posts in this topic

did you bring your glasses? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope - forgot them. No need though. The books kind of jumped out at you. Joe Field made a remark to The Brain not to move towards me because of the puddle that just formed! laugh.gif27_laughing.gif

I leave for a breath of fresh-air(to much coffee) break, and watch POV go OH 893censored-thumb.gif All the book WERE better

SEEN in person as I would grade the one book as seen a 9.0 JUST CRISP WHITE PAGES!! cloud9.gif

POV: GOES....... takeit.gif Joe GOES: thumbsup2.gif Me I go 893applaud-thumb.gif

HAS ANY GUESSED THIS IS MY FIRST POST REPLAY HERE? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif:POV IS VERY COOL TO HANG OUT WITH, I KNOW IT'S TRUE! cool.gifgrin.gif

Fantastic books!

Absolute love that Weird Terror...that's one I've been looking for in VF....Metro had a VF copy awhile ago but sadly I didn't pull the trigger fast enough.

Man, I am so jealous of you guys who can stroll into yer LCS and walk out with a Weird Terror, in any grade! If I were to ask for Weird Terror at my LCS, they'd probly say, "Is that a character in Identity Crisis!?" makepoint.gif

Man, I am so jealous of you guys who can stroll into yer LCS and walk out with a Weird Terror, in any grade! If I were to ask for Weird Terror at my LCS, they'd probly say, "Is that a character in Identity Crisis!?" makepoint.gif

Here, here! My LCS drop their jaws when I ask for BA horror, let alone pre-code!! screwy.gif

Now that the holidays are over, it's back to the pre-code horror scene...

Watch, as I make money disappear from my wallet....

Here are my two most recent additions... Tomb of Terror #15 and Black Cat Mystery #50. TOT #15 is in VG- condition with even wear, just what I was looking for, since I wasn't looking to spend big bucks on this book. Same with BCM #50... VG- with a small piece missing on the upper left and a small hole above the word "FEAR", but this copy fits the bill perfectly for me. Now looking for a Witches Tales #25 in similar condition...

694973-tombofterror.jpg

694973-tombofterror.jpg.ba9a0da2c6ec2d3c75c342cd2b81ba8c.jpg

Edited by paull

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Such books would warm the cockles of any pre-coder's heart! And the thing is - you actually GOT them! Still looking myself but appreciate the thrill of acquiring these rascals! Did I say 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif yet? grin.gif

And they're Readers too! cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm perfectly happy with solid copies of any pre-code horror book on my want list in roughly VG condition. The only books that I'm looking for in higher than that are the Farrell books, otherwise the majority of my books are in VG- to VG+. Not afraid to read those! A BCM #50 in 9.2 would never get read by me (especially since it's a $1000+ book. It would sit in a mylar forever.

Keith... nice Witches Tales #25! Is that yours? What grade?

yup! she's mine, all mine! grin.gif

got it for $20 back in late 1995.

as for grade...it was graded VG by the dealer. Very strict grader, that guy. Book is very solid with minimal wear (mainly a couple stress lines lower staple, and dogged URC), but you might be able to see that there is an infamous "Bonnett's" stamp on "Witches." That's the main detractor. Thankfully it is so light that you can tell it is there, but can't read it because it almost looks "faded."

poor Ace.... gets no respect.... here's some killer Cameron work from WoM 6...

webmyst6.jpg

WEB OF MYSTERY had some great covers. I have a few layin' around somewhere, when I get near a scanner maybe I'll post them. I've never seen the #6 before, quite an atmospheric cover.