• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Yes that's exactly my question. Which will increase more percentage wise.

I'd have to go look at the GPA data again but as I recall ST 110 started skyrocketing 2 years ago.

DS169 & ST115 didn't really start to move until about 12 months ago.

Percentage wise, I think 110 is going to still climb but level off slightly (since it's super expensive right now), while 115 & 169 being more affordable are going to really shoot up now.

And don't forget about DS 1. That has a great cover too and it's been rising in price.

From what I've read, they are looking for someone to sign on as the good Doctor for something in the range of 7 to 9 movies between Doctor Strange and the other Marvel movies such as Avengers (kevin Feige) said he'd like to see doc in the Avengers. :wishluck:

I wouldn't doubt there being a Defenders movie or netflix series in the very near future being announced if one already hasn't. I think its going to be quite a few years before this book cools down. :ohnoez:

These are the other big keys to pick up, with 110 and 115

Strange Tales 126 first Dormammu

Strange Tales 138 First Eternity

Strange Tales 146 Hands down coolest Ditko Cover yet, super undervalued

Strange Tales 168 Last issue till his own title

these in my opinion will have some huge upswing, 126 is already climbing high the past year in anticipation to the film.

These are the other big keys to pick up, with 110 and 115

Strange Tales 126 first Dormammu

Strange Tales 138 First Eternity

Strange Tales 146 Hands down coolest Ditko Cover yet, super undervalued

Strange Tales 168 Last issue till his own title

these in my opinion will have some huge upswing, 126 is already climbing high the past year in anticipation to the film.

Generally agree, but although ST168 has awesome cover art, its difficult to consider it a key.

I'd add as essentials to own:

ST101 introduction of superheroes to this long-running title

ST107 classic Kirby cover

ST111 second Dr. Strange and first Baron Mordo

ST114 first Kirby rendering of Captain America in the Silver Age

ST120 first Iceman cross-over

ST135 first SHIELD

ST148 origin of The Ancient One

ST151 first Steranko work for Marvel

ST161 first SA Yellow Claw

ST167 classic Steranko cover

ST Annual 2 first Spiderman cross-over

Complete high grade slabbed Strange Tales superhero run up for auction at

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?pageNum=0&pageSize=&adv_search_pos=&order=&sort=asc&display=list&set=&front_image=&price=&mod_date=&style=&searchType=advanced&spsearch=true&title=Strange+Tales&issue=&comments=&stock_type=&publisher=&genre=&creator=&pedigree=&grade_min=8.5&grade_max=0&listing_type=event&cgc_only=on&runSearch=Search

I really don't think any of them are "keys" except ST 110. The others are more or less just extensions of 110, and would not mean anything were it not for 110. They do not stand on their own as "keys" in the way that 110 does. They are, certainly, secondary books of interest to Dr. Strange fans and collectors, but I would not call them "keys".

-J.

Why is the first Ice-man cross over a key? Just curious.

It's not, which is why I referred to my additions to the list as 'essential to own'. (thumbs u

Complete high grade slabbed Strange Tales superhero run up for auction at

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?pageNum=0&pageSize=&adv_search_pos=&order=&sort=asc&display=list&set=&front_image=&price=&mod_date=&style=&searchType=advanced&spsearch=true&title=Strange+Tales&issue=&comments=&stock_type=&publisher=&genre=&creator=&pedigree=&grade_min=8.5&grade_max=0&listing_type=event&cgc_only=on&runSearch=Search

YESSSSS!

I just won my holy grail. :whee::banana::luhv::headbang::ohnoez::applause: I've chased a high grade copy of this book for over a decade. Every time I got close, it slipped through my fingers. Its official, I'll be placing my 9.0 on sale tonight!

lf1_zps3071df7d.jpg

Congrats buddy! Excellent PU! :applause: