• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2014!!! JUNE 20-22

731 posts in this topic

Holy cow, I'm going to be at a show that Neal Adams ISN'T.

lol

If he sticks to his schedule this will be the only show I attend where he's not there. He's EVERYWHERE!

And always in a blue shirt!

hm

Maybe a symbiote?

What about Stan Lee? :baiting:

That son of gun follows me everywhere!

:grin: Does he ask for your autograpgh?

What about Stan Lee? :baiting:

You know as many shows as Stan Lee attends, it wows me he never attends Heroes. I know he did in 2012 but that was for the 30th anniversary.

From past experience Eastman has no problems with sketches if you can communicate before the event, or the first day of the event.

I get a Wrightson sketch every year, but like Frank Cho, he wont pick up the pen for less than 200-300 minimum. Then there's always the piece he contributes to the Annual Heroes Art Auction. Last year it was the head-spider from John Carpenters' The Thing.

They always have Drink and Draw sketch cards and boards for free at HeroesCon that most artists have on their tables, and are willing to do a sketch/painting for a decent price.

Last year, Adam Hughes was doing free sketches at his table with said cards and only did so for as long as he had cards available.

Do you have a pic of a Wrightson sketch?
Yeah, I've never seen one done, as he has refused in the past due to health issues.

Hopefully these are a bit screen/scroll friendly.

Both sketches were pre-drawn by the Neal and Bernie from last years HeroesCon.

Batman was $50, I got it from Neal during setup on Thursday night.

Madman was $150, I picked it up Saturday morning before the show opened to public.

IMG_6434-Copy_zpscc1ac49b.jpg

PhotoApr14120807AM-Copy_zpsd88f8d30.jpg

Hughes won't be there this year.

According to the guys at Heroes today, CGC WILL be in attendance this year, going against the previous assumption that they'd only be in Philly.

Yea, It's been listed on the CGC events page for a few weeks now. I'm glad they're going to be at both Heroes and Philly this year. I'll spend more!

So - which dealers will be in Philly and which ones will be at Heroes this year?

From talking to several dealers at MegaCon, Philly seems like the destination for most. In my mind, that's great, since that means many of my traveling buying competitors will also go to Philly. Since I buy primarily from smaller local/regional dealers anyway, and will have less buying competition at Heroes, I would say Heroes is shaping up very nicely indeed.

I'll be at Heroes :devil:

One of my highlights of the weekend; buying you a $8 Italian Sausage sandwich that I could probably make at home (and better) for less than a buck.

Since we never did go out, you still need to buy an appetizer....perhaps we'll meet up at Mac's Speedshop for some BBQ.

One day i hope all you out of staters will come to NC and eat real bar-b-que, not that chain .

So - which dealers will be in Philly and which ones will be at Heroes this year?

From talking to several dealers at MegaCon, Philly seems like the destination for most. In my mind, that's great, since that means many of my traveling buying competitors will also go to Philly. Since I buy primarily from smaller local/regional dealers anyway, and will have less buying competition at Heroes, I would say Heroes is shaping up very nicely indeed.

I'll be at Heroes :devil:

One of my highlights of the weekend; buying you a $8 Italian Sausage sandwich that I could probably make at home (and better) for less than a buck.

Since we never did go out, you still need to buy an appetizer....perhaps we'll meet up at Mac's Speedshop for some BBQ.

One day i hope all you out of staters will come to NC and eat real bar-b-que, not that chain .

Lead the way.