• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2014!!! JUNE 20-22

731 posts in this topic

What's the place right across the street from the Convention Hall?

My son and I eat there at least 3 or 4 times while in town.... my son loves the wings there...

Are you talking about Fuel Pizza? They have pretty decent wings...

By the time the dealer floor closed last year and we got cleaned up, Fuel was closed for us. We had to walk a few blocks down to the EpiCentre to find restaurants. I won't have a booth this year, so all options are on the table!

Come see me at booths 609 and 611.

This will be my first show since Planet Con in March so I have time to process some fresh inventory.

I will be restocking my $2, $3 & $5 bargain comics so stop by early Friday if possible.

I love this show!

Leroy

Come see me at booths 609 and 611.

This will be my first show since Planet Con in March so I have time to process some fresh inventory.

I will be restocking my $2, $3 & $5 bargain comics so stop by early Friday if possible.

I love this show!

Leroy

You already have booth #s? Or you are setting up same place as last year?

We have a National Barbecue Association Sauce consistent winner where I'm from so I judge everywhere else against them. Barbecue King Drive In, it's been on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. There or Queen City Q are both good. Stay away from Mac's Speed Shop, It's noisy, and food is bland and over priced.

is there going to be a dinner this year?

+1, was curious about any shindigs.

Wally's Comics has been gracious enough to organize the Board dinner the last few years. Paging WC.....

We have a National Barbecue Association Sauce consistent winner where I'm from so I judge everywhere else against them. Barbecue King Drive In, it's been on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. There or Queen City Q are both good. Stay away from Mac's Speed Shop, It's noisy, and food is bland and over priced.

I can get down with a good barbecue sauce. Its awesome on hot wings, chicken fingers, even a nice rack of ribs slathered in a greasy messy red sauce is okay sometimes(i prefer a dry rub) but you keep it the hell away from my pulled pork :sumo:

Just an FYI for those still looking for a Hotel for Charlotte that weekend: I've been watching rates for June 18-22 in downtown Charlotte, and most of the places I would want to stay have been getting more expensive as the show nears, not less. I'm guessing there must be some other function or event in town that weekend, and hotel rooms are getting harder to come by. The last two years, decent hotels could still be had in the $75-$90 range, this year, those same hotels are in the $110-$140 range.

So, I ended up going to Priceline's Express Deals and scored the Hyatt Place by the airport (approx 5 miles away) for $56/night. Free Parking. Free Breakfast. Free Internet in rooms, and Hyatt's penchant for excellent accomodations, all for $56. If you don't mind a small commute in every morning (and I'll have the luxury of being picked up and dropped off at the show), and don't need to be in the heart of downtown otherwise, its an excellent deal, especially if you are splitting it with a buddy ($30 each, plus a full Breakfast). If I try to book the same nights for the hotel through Priceline's Standard Rate Option, it would be $116/night. It has a shuttle service, but they only go 3 miles from the hotel, so the convention center is just out their range.

Just another option for ya'll.....

Good lookin' out! I have a couple friends that didn't get con-rate rooms, I just passed your info along!

On a side note: If a board dinner does happen, My wife and I would like to attend! I met a few dealers/board members last year and really enjoyed the show & tell and sharing stories and passions...and beers. :smile:

It has a shuttle service, but they only go 3 miles from the hotel, so the convention center is just out their range.

If they only go 3 miles; you could have them take you to a one of the trolley stations and then take the trolley to the convention center. I think there is a stop right in front of the convention center.

Psy

Just an FYI for those still looking for a Hotel for Charlotte that weekend: I've been watching rates for June 18-22 in downtown Charlotte, and most of the places I would want to stay have been getting more expensive as the show nears, not less. I'm guessing there must be some other function or event in town that weekend, and hotel rooms are getting harder to come by. The last two years, decent hotels could still be had in the $75-$90 range, this year, those same hotels are in the $110-$140 range.

So, I ended up going to Priceline's Express Deals and scored the Hyatt Place by the airport (approx 5 miles away) for $56/night. Free Parking. Free Breakfast. Free Internet in rooms, and Hyatt's penchant for excellent accomodations, all for $56. If you don't mind a small commute in every morning (and I'll have the luxury of being picked up and dropped off at the show), and don't need to be in the heart of downtown otherwise, its an excellent deal, especially if you are splitting it with a buddy ($30 each, plus a full Breakfast). If I try to book the same nights for the hotel through Priceline's Standard Rate Option, it would be $116/night. It has a shuttle service, but they only go 3 miles from the hotel, so the convention center is just out their range.

How many hottubs does that room have? :baiting:

For those of us on the wrong side of 40, its not the hot tub, but whether its wheelchair accessible that's important. :preach:

For those of us on the wrong side of 40, its not the hot tub, but whether its wheelchair accessible that's important. :preach:

:headbang::D

PS: I wouldnt have guessed you were on the wrong side of 40. You breeze thru longboxes like a man of 25 :)

Hyatt Place or Hyatt House?