• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance of Doomsday??

262 posts in this topic

MoS 17 had a second print. I've been trying to locate a copy but haven't found any for sale. Does anyone know how rare the MoS 17 second print is and how much they usually go for?

Rare? Very

supermanmanofsteel2ndprint17-f-sm.jpg

(bag scan, excuse the waviness due to laziness)

:cloud9:

So I guess this thread isnt enough because I count over 10+ sellers currently on ebay selling MoS 17 as 1st Doomsday.

Several 9.8s that advertise it as 1st Doomsday even when slab says cameo. Raws getting $15-20 which is higher on average then MoS 18.

Heck at that rate all go dig out some 17s for $1 each.

MOS 17 and 18 are not rare. They are in high demand, but not rare....

9.8s seem to be falling out of the sky (thumbs u

not one person in this forum has these Greek and Dutch Editions.

these are of course in low demand due to not many even know they exist much less being able to get them. high on scale of rarity, low in demand

20131119_183650_zps554f9a92.jpg

What's so bizarre is that when these various 2nd prints and 3rd prints hit the stands I recall passing over them because I either had or wanted the 1st print. What a foolish fool I was! doh!

i did the same thing in the 90s. We think differently now in terms of rarity. 2nd and 3rd prints were for the non-collectors that just wanted to read the story due to hype.

the hardcore collectors more than likely already had the 1st print at release...

I found second printings of MOS 17 and Action #683 as a kid, I have no idea what they would grade. I'm short a Superman #73 in 9.8 to complete the four issue run of teasers in slabbed form, I also think a second printing set in 9.8 grade would be nice as well, but that will not be easy...

Nice Greek and Dutch Editions from Solarcadet!

What's so bizarre is that when these various 2nd prints and 3rd prints hit the stands I recall passing over them because I either had or wanted the 1st print. What a foolish fool I was! doh!

i did the same thing in the 90s. We think differently now in terms of rarity. 2nd and 3rd prints were for the non-collectors that just wanted to read the story due to hype.

the hardcore collectors more than likely already had the 1st print at release...

i kind of feel like the "rare" 2d and 3d print stuff needs a while to age. the book needs to be a keeper to start with for it to count.

i find the hulk 377 mania a bit weird though as that book came out YEARS later. but yes, it's hard to find. i guess when it came out folks didn't think 377 was a big enough deal to care about.

of course, what is is, the 2d print of WD 33 is a $100-$200+ book? I fished mine out of a 3 for $2 box because it had some spine ticks. i guess there are exceptions to the "aging" angle.

i kind of feel like the "rare" 2d and 3d print stuff needs a while to age. the book needs to be a keeper to start with for it to count.

i find the hulk 377 mania a bit weird though as that book came out YEARS later. but yes, it's hard to find. i guess when it came out folks didn't think 377 was a big enough deal to care about.

of course, what is is, the 2d print of WD 33 is a $100-$200+ book? I fished mine out of a 3 for $2 box because it had some spine ticks. i guess there are exceptions to the "aging" angle.

there is a beyond insane rare hulk 377 that is black and white and was only given away as a gift if you had a subscription to Marvel Comics in 1995 only in the country of Finland. I have been hunting it for a long time.

they also printed a Greek Edition of 377

I found second printings of MOS 17 and Action #683 as a kid, I have no idea what they would grade. I'm short a Superman #73 in 9.8 to complete the four issue run of teasers in slabbed form, I also think a second printing set in 9.8 grade would be nice as well, but that will not be easy...

Nice Greek and Dutch Editions from Solarcadet!

Thanks! you are talking Superman 73 2nd series??

MoS 17 had a second print. I've been trying to locate a copy but haven't found any for sale. Does anyone know how rare the MoS 17 second print is and how much they usually go for?

Rare? Very

supermanmanofsteel2ndprint17-f-sm.jpg

(bag scan, excuse the waviness due to laziness)

The later printings of DC books from that time period seem to be a lot harder to find than Marvel books are. See Supergirl 1 3rd print.