• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

What about the White Mountain and Circle8 peds?

How do they rank in the pre-hero issues?

Some of the WMs are okay.

PreHeroGroupsmallish.jpg

Humunah Humunah Humunah ! (worship)

Fabulous to see those together !

A recent & my only Pedigreed Pre-Hero. If this was from someone on the boards (in the words of Kevin Ayers) "I'd just like to say, Thank you very much!"

-bc

tos37_zps1bae19c4.jpg

While I've seen a number of Circle 8 post-code Atlas issues, I can't recall seeing pre-heros nor have I heard of there being any. It was a very large find so it's possible there were some.

WorldofFantasy7.jpg

wow. stunning condition

While I've seen a number of Circle 8 post-code Atlas issues, I can't recall seeing pre-heros nor have I heard of there being any. It was a very large find so it's possible there were some.

WorldofFantasy7.jpg

wow. stunning condition

... the Circle 8's I've seen usually have white pages and extreme gloss..... they're so fresh that in the old days they would have gotten a grade bump for it..... and rightly so in my opinion. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Humunah Humunah Humunah ! (worship)

Fabulous to see those together !

A recent & my only Pedigreed Pre-Hero. If this was from someone on the boards (in the words of Kevin Ayers) "I'd just like to say, Thank you very much!"

-bc

tos37_zps1bae19c4.jpg

:applause:

There are a few Pacific Coast preheros and, from what I've seen, they are in the same beautiful condition as that copy. My understanding is that the collection doesn't include early pre-hero issues in high grade just like it doesn't include the earliest hero issues in high grade.

WorldofFantasy7.jpg

wow. stunning condition

... the Circle 8's I've seen usually have white pages and extreme gloss..... they're so fresh that in the old days they would have gotten a grade bump for it..... and rightly so in my opinion. GOD BLESS...

That copy and the one below are from a very tiny select set held back by the original discoverer of the Circle 8s, Greg Buls.

WorldofSuspense8.jpg

WorldofFantasy7.jpg

wow. stunning condition

That copy and the one below are from a very tiny select set held back by the original discoverer of the Circle 8s, Greg Buls.

WorldofSuspense8.jpg

WOS 8 :o ....rarely see that one..... what a sweet, sweet copy. Definitely not one of the ones the Big Gulp spilled on :flamed: GOD BLESS...

WorldofFantasy7.jpg

wow. stunning condition

WorldofSuspense8.jpg

Was there more than one Circle 8 copy? I came across this scan in my archives.

WOS08CGC.jpg

Was there more than one Circle 8 copy? I came across this scan in my archives.

WOS08CGC.jpg

There were multiple copies of many issues, if not all. I remember going through Harley Yee's boxes and seeing 3 or 4 copies of some Circle 8 issues.

There were multiple copies of some of the Circle8 issues, sometimes with multiple being in high grade.

Just picked these two up from Mxwll Smrt here on the boards. The TOS is around 6.0 & the TTA is around 8.0.

TTA31FC_zpsae4b4160.jpg

Scan8_zpsa7cee335.jpg

Great colors & registration on those! Nice pick!

Great books above! :cloud9:

I should post some more of my buys from Bill / AtlasFan. Thanks Bill!

I think I may be taking a bit of a break from the wonderful PH scene for a little while. Seem to be getting dragged into other stuff lately :) I will be back! :sumo:

TTA_11a_zps3989a4a0.jpeg

TOS_11a_zpsa5ed0859.jpeg

JIM_52a_zps6588d32c.jpeg

JIM_62a_zps70b991e5.jpeg

ST_77a_zps9a8e6111.jpeg

ST_74a_zpscde13aaa.jpeg

ST_78a_zps2c4465b0.jpeg

I think there were a couple others but having trouble finding the pics.