• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

For me:

GOTG

Captain America Winter Soldier

Age of Ultron

Winter Soldier was about half an hour too long and tried to cram too much into it.

GOTG was just right pace and run time wise. The actors were better for the roles as well. The Winter Soldier looked like a wuss IMHO.

Captain America: Winter Soldier 10/10

( way better than the others and a superior story )

GoTG / Age of Ultron the same for me 7/10

And I thought the Winter Soldier looked and was bad-azz

Same for me.

i think the true test will be when the others movies start hitting theatres and how soon the movie gets dropped from screens etc

the first one didn't have to deal with that. many theatres carried it over the summer, i don't see this one having the same effect but then again what's the next big movie on the horizon?

So what's going to happen to the Vision when Thanos rips the mind gem out of his head? Seems to be an integral part of his makeup (Jarvis + Ultron + mind gem = Vision).

They may need Warlock after all.

I really enjoyed Avengers: Age of Ultron.

That said, and how it's probably not going to out gross the original domestically, i wonder if all those folks who were saying Cap 3 will crush BvS want to take those bets back.

Like i said in a previous post, since Cap 3 is being touted as Avengers 2.5, NO third installment in a trilogy bests the previous movies in gross or story quality. The third is always the weakest installment. ALWAYS. There are only two movies i can think of that were the exceptions, not the rule: Iron Man 3 (weakest story wise imho, but killed 2 at the box office), and Revenge of the Sith (story wise, best of the prequel trilogy)

BvS is 'fresh' in that it is the first time the two biggest super heroes of all times will be on the big screen together. It will beat Cap 3 easily.

at first when i read this i thought marvel was making a wolverine spiderman movie. the two biggest characters in comics. then i read it again and realized it was in regards to batman and superman.

the fact that spiderman will be in cap 3 will make a huge difference and also make everyone even more excited to see it.

then when thinking what the movies will make at the box office i remembered that ben affleck is playing batman. yeah that ben affleck

I really enjoyed Avengers: Age of Ultron.

That said, and how it's probably not going to out gross the original domestically, i wonder if all those folks who were saying Cap 3 will crush BvS want to take those bets back.

Like i said in a previous post, since Cap 3 is being touted as Avengers 2.5, NO third installment in a trilogy bests the previous movies in gross or story quality. The third is always the weakest installment. ALWAYS. There are only two movies i can think of that were the exceptions, not the rule: Iron Man 3 (weakest story wise imho, but killed 2 at the box office), and Revenge of the Sith (story wise, best of the prequel trilogy)

BvS is 'fresh' in that it is the first time the two biggest super heroes of all times will be on the big screen together. It will beat Cap 3 easily.

at first when i read this i thought marvel was making a wolverine spiderman movie. the two biggest characters in comics. then i read it again and realized it was in regards to batman and superman.

the fact that spiderman will be in cap 3 will make a huge difference and also make everyone even more excited to see it.

then when thinking what the movies will make at the box office i remembered that ben affleck is playing batman. yeah that ben affleck

Are we talking "quality" or money?

Third movies rack in he dough, even when they are garbage.

What's the fixation with the box office take when assessing movies?

AoU is gonna make shed loads of money, so did Titanic, so did Star Wars TPM...

Doesn't mean they were exceptionally good films either.

AoU could outgross all the other MCU films so far (i don't think it will but hey YMMV), but that certainly doesn't mean it's the better film.

ATEOTD, some people really really liked AoU,and others just thought it was a bit meh,

Oh as an aside - I caught Furious 7 the other day, another ridiculous addition to the franchise, but hey you pays your money you makes your choice! What i would say is that the montage at the end to say goodbye to Paul Walker was INCREDIBLY well done, actually well worth the price of admission in itself and that was only about 3 minutes of film.

So what's going to happen to the Vision when Thanos rips the mind gem out of his head? Seems to be an integral part of his makeup (Jarvis + Ultron + mind gem = Vision).

my theory is that Vision's character has been consolidated with Warlocks, (the gem, the way he was created sounds more Warlock than Vision) and he will effectively be Warlock, and probably sacrifice himself to defeat Thanos in Avengers 4. The old, robot shows how much humanity he has by sacrificing himself to save the rest of us comic trope. meh

my theory is that Vision's character has been consolidated with Warlocks, (the gem, the way he was created sounds more Warlock than Vision) and he will effectively be Warlock, and probably sacrifice himself to defeat Thanos in Avengers 4. The old, robot shows how much humanity he has by sacrificing himself to save the rest of us comic trope. meh

Maybe. But...the soul gem is still out there.... and that's Warlock's.

What's the fixation with the box office take when assessing movies?

AoU is gonna make shed loads of money, so did Titanic, so did Star Wars TPM...

Doesn't mean they were exceptionally good films either.

AoU could outgross all the other MCU films so far (i don't think it will but hey YMMV), but that certainly doesn't mean it's the better film.

ATEOTD, some people really really liked AoU,and others just thought it was a bit meh,

Oh as an aside - I caught Furious 7 the other day, another ridiculous addition to the franchise, but hey you pays your money you makes your choice! What i would say is that the montage at the end to say goodbye to Paul Walker was INCREDIBLY well done, actually well worth the price of admission in itself and that was only about 3 minutes of film.

+1

That made the movie.

The rest of Furious 7 was your typical blowing up things.

I have grown personally tired of those kind of movies. :o

I don`t think I will be watching anymore Fast and Furious movies.

It was good for awhile but like most mindless blockbusters its time has passed.

I think Furious 7 had some affect on the Avengers Age of Ultron box office in that both were big smash em ups that came out so close to one and another. The domestic audience has grown tired. Good luck at the box office with Jurassic World, Terminator:Genisys and Mission:Impossible - Rogue Nation.

Yes, and your theory doesn't answer my question. At some point, Thanos will have to assemble the Gauntlet. What happens to Vision when he does?

Yes, and your theory doesn't answer my question. At some point, Thanos will have to assemble the Gauntlet. What happens to Vision when he does?

He'll steal it from him. The Vision becomes a mindless machine who attacks his own team, taking valuable time away from their battling Thanos, who puts his plan into effect with the distraction.

Somehow they find a way for Vision to tap into his own computer mind and realize he's learned enough from the mind gem to be an Emotional Artificial Intelligence without the gem. It makes him so happy a tear streams down his face. Even an Android can cry.

He'll steal it from him. The Vision becomes a mindless machine who attacks his own team, taking valuable time away from their battling Thanos, who puts his plan into effect with the distraction.

Somehow they find a way for Vision to tap into his own computer mind and realize he's learned enough from the mind gem to be an Emotional Artificial Intelligence without the gem. It makes him so happy a tear streams down his face. Even an Android can cry.

and/or scarlet witch gives him the whammy and makes him into a real boy. like pinocchio

Oh, how I hope this comes to pass.

BOX OFFICE:AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON Joins The Billion Dollar Club

Disney and Marvel have another movie in the billion-dollar club. After breaking records in China this week with a $33.9 million opening, Avengers: Age Of Ultron has gone on to pass the $1 billion mark at the global box office on its 24th day of release. Only two other Marvel movies have enjoyed this success (Avengers Assemble and Iron Man 3), but it's actually the eighth Disney release to surpass the billion dollar threshold.